Chapter 5

Who Says Cinderella Can't Become a Princess...or Should I Say a Prince?

 

Haneul's POV~
 
"Umma, do I really have to go?" I asked as my mother was helping me with my dress. 
 
"Yes, that's when we announce your engagement with Myungsoo," she said as I sighed. "I don't want you ti show that kind of behavior to the Nam family, okay?"
 
"Yeess," I said, dragging the word. I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled when I saw appa at the door from my mirror. I turned around and smiled. "Appa, how do I look?"
 
"Gorgeous," he said with a smile. He walked up to me then gave me a hug. "Guess who's coming back today."
 
"Who?" I asked as he released the hug.  
 
"How can you forget?" umma asked and finished lacing up my dress. 
 
"Is it...he's coming back?!" I asked with a wide smile as they nodded. 
 
"Umma! Appa!" Minah's voice was heard from the hallway as her footsteps got closer and closer. She ran into appa's arms as he lifted her up. "He's here!"
 
I smiled and ran out the door while holding onto my dress and saw him at the bottom of the stairs with his suitcase. 
 
"Oppa~!" I shouted as he looked up and smiled. 
 
"Haneul," he said and I ran down the stairs and hugged him tight. 
 
"Luhan oppa, I missed you," I said as he chuckled and hugged me tight. 
 
"I missed you too sis," he said and released the hug. "You look beautiful today. Is there a special occasion  going on?"
 
"Sort of-"
 
"Oppa~~!" Minah shouted and ran to Luhan as he kneeled down to give her a proper hug. "I missed you!!"
 
"I missed you too Minah. Did you take good care of Mr. Goldy for me?" he asked as she nodded. "That's my good girl. I knew I could trust you, unlike Haneul who over feed Mr. Guppy."
 
"Yah, that was only one time," I said as he laughed, making me laugh with him. 
 
"Luhan, you're back," umma said, coming down the stairs with appa. He hugged the two. "I'm glad you're back safe and sound."
 
"How was it in China? Are the businesses running well?" appa asked Luhan, who smiled and nodded. 
 
"They've been taken care of," he answered. "I'll have to go back in a few months to check on the SM Bank."
 
Appa nodded and patted Luhan's back, like a proud father. Umma tapped my shoulder and pointed to her watch. 
 
"It's time to go," she said as I nodded. 
 
"Where are you guys going?" Luhan asked. 
 
"We have a party to attend. I'm guessing you're tired from your trip, so you may stay home and rest or you could come with us," umma said, pulling her fur coat on.
 
"I'll stay home and take care of Minah," Luhan said and picked her up. "Have fun though."
 
"We will," umma said and walked out the door with appa. 
 
"Bye oppa," I said and waved him goodbye. 
 
Arriving at the Nam residence, I could feel my chest tightening; nervous to go in. I don't why I was feeling this way, maybe because I was going to a stranger's party or because my "engagement" was going to be publicly announced. We walked into the house and it was packed with unfamiliar faces, even without the masks I still wouldn't know who they were. 
 
"Haneul, here's your mask," my mother said and handed me a beautiful creme laced mask. "Now go ind your Prince Charming."
 
"Tch, I only saw him once and I forgot his face already," I said with a slight smile and put my mask on. I walked around the ball room getting stares from men; I honestly felt a bit uncomfortable. 
 
Woohyun's POV~
 
I looked at the white suit as he hung on the wall. I bit my lips and grabbed it when there was a knock at the door. The door opened and Myungsoo came in with a mask in his hands. 
 
"Here, you'll need it," he said and set it on my handmade night stand. "There are a lot of good looking girls out there, hopefully you're lucky enough to get one."
 
He snickered and left my room as I looked at the white mask in front of me. I took off my clothes and slid into the suit. 
 
I slowly stepped out of my room and up the dark stairs to see it get brighter and brighter as I walked closer up. The stairs that led to my room was next to the kitchen, which was empty besides with the caters around, but they didn't mind me. I went into the ball room and it was beautiful. All these puffy dresses of different shades of colors, all the fancy masks and laughter heard from all over the room. I walked around the humongous room trying to avoid any of my step-brothers and step mother when I bumped into someone. I turned around and bowed to them. 
 
"I'm sorry," I apologized. I looked up and met eyes with a girl, which were round and beautiful. Her eyes sparkled and her smile was perfect, that it made my heart pound. 
 
"It's okay," she smiled and walked away. I watched her disappear from the crowd and went my own way once she had fully disappeared. I was trying my best to enjoy the party by talking to all the young ladies, but all I could about was if there were enough food for the guest or if things were going well in the kitchen. Not only with the food, but if the guests even felt comfortable in this packed room. I excused myself from the girls and walked around the place just to see if everything was running well when I saw that girl again, but she was heading out to the garden and madam had informed me that no one goes into her garden. I followed her out and saw her sitting on a bench, rubbing her feet. I slowly approached her and saw that her heels were red from the heels she was wearing. 
 
"You're not supposed to be out here" I said as she jumped, startled by my appearance. She quickly put her heels back on and cleared . 
 
"I'm sorry, I was just-"
 
"I understand," I said with a smile and looked down to her heels. "Are you going to be okay wearing those? They are pretty high."
 
She looked down and smiled, "I'm fine. It's not my first time wearing heels."
 
"But it is your first time wearing those heels, right?" I said as she tilted her head. "You haven't broken into those yet."
 
"How'd you know?" she asked sitting back down to take them off. I sat next to her and took her heels. 
 
"I can tell. Your feet are red and they're blistering up," I said, looking at her heels and handing it back to her. She rubbed her feet and sighed. I just looked at her then looked back to the house. 
 
"Well, I'm gonna tell you again. You can't be out here, so..." 
 
"Oh, yeah. I'm sorry...again," she said and stood up, practically limping back to the house. I walked behind her and made sure she didn't fall. Walking back to the house she had disappeared again and I was making sure things were going well. 
 
"Oppa~" some girl sung, coming up to me. "Dance with me~"
 
I smiled and politely declined. 
 
"But oppa~" she whined and I so I had no other choice, but to dance with her. I wrapped one arm around her waist and held her hand with the other. "Oppa, you're very muscular."
 
I just nodded and wanted to get this dance over with. Dancing with her for awhile longer, another came up to me. It was her.
 
"Can I have this dance with you?" she sweetly asked as I nodded. We both danced and I couldn't take my eyes off of her. "Why are you looking at me like that?"
 
"Why did you want to dance with me?" I answered with another question. 
 
"Answer me first then I'll answer you," she said with a smile. I chuckled and looked her in the eyes. 
 
"Your eyes are beautiful. It's hard not to stare into them," I said as she blushed. I cleared my throat after what I said and felt my own face blush. We danced for a bit longer when I saw Myungsoo staring directly at me, so I stopped. 
 
"Is there something wrong?" she asked as I looked down at her and smiled. 
 
"Uhm, I'm gonna go," I said and released her, backing away to bump into a person. I turned around and saw Madam standing behind with me with wide eyes. 
 
"Woohyun? What are you-"
 
"I was just checking up on the party," I said and tried to get away, but she grabbed my wrist. 
 
"Lies. You were trying to show yourself off huh?" she asked as I tried to pull myself free from her. 
 
"Do you two know each other?" the girl asked. I looked at her then to my wrist as Madam tightly gripped onto it. I thought this was the right time to free myself, so I pulled my hand away from her and ran away. 
 
Haneul's POV~
 
Mrs. Nam looked at the boy run away and mumbled  under her breath. Almost like she was cursing at him. I noticed a silver bracelet on the ground besides her and so I picked it up. 
 
"To my precious son Nam Woohyun..." I softly read the bracelet then looked at the direction he ran off into. I lightly smiled to myself. "Why did Prince Charming leave so suddenly?"