Chapter 47

Who Says Cinderella Can't Become a Princess...or Should I Say a Prince?

Haneul's POV~

It's been 2 weeks into the new year and things have been going well. Sungsoo didn't come back with Woohyun because he wanted more time to spend with his daughter, which is understandable. Luhan called a few days ago and he's doing fine, the same old guy he is, of course. Woohyun and I were becoming closer, but Myungsoo and I...I just don't know what will happen to us and the marriage, to me and Woohyun.... 
 
"Haneul, Myungsoo's here to see you," umma said knocking on my bedroom door. I got up from my desk and opened the door to see Myungsoo in front of me. 
 
"Oh, good afternoon Myungsoo," I said with a smile as he ree as well. "Do you want to come in?"
 
He nodded and walked into my bedroom as I closed my door, leaving it open slightly. 
 
"Were you studying?" he asked as I nodded. "Really? Did I disturb you then?"
 
"No it's fine. I needed a break anyways," I said and sat on the bed as he sat next to me. "What brings you here today?"
 
"I don't know, I just wanted to see you," he said with a soft smile. "Is it wrong to see my fiancé?"
 
"Nothing's wrong with that," I said and swung my legs off the bed. We sat in silence when my bedroom door opened. 
 
"Oh, Myungsoo you're here," Woohyun said with a smile. "Would you like anything to drink or eat?"
 
"No thanks," Myungsoo answered and looked down to the ground. The atmosphere was becoming a bit awkward, but I don't know if they felt the awkwardness. 
 
"Oppa, are you making lunch now?" I asked Woohyun as he nodded. "Can I help you out today then?"
 
"Of course you can," he replied with a smile and looked at Myungsoo. "Would you like to join us?"
 
"No, I have work to do. I only dropped by to see Haneul," Myungsoo said and stood up. He then looked at me and patted my head. "I'm going now, I'll see you another day."
 
I nodded and watched him leave my room with Woohyun following behind him. 
 
Myungsoo's POV~
 
I walked down the stairs when someone grabbed my wrist. I looked up and saw Woohyun staring at me. 
 
"What?" I asked as he let go. 
 
"How's abeoji?" he asked, cautiously looking around to see if anyone was near. 
 
"He's getting better thanks to you and your watch," I said with a faint smile. "He wanted me to tell you 'thanks,' but I never saw you to tell you."
 
"I know, I was out of town," he simply said and we stood in silence for awhile. 
 
"I also want to thank you for the Christmas gift," I softly said, a bit embarrassed. "I've been using the camera a lot and it takes great pictures."
 
"It's not the camera, but the photographer that takes those great pictures," he said with a smile as I just nodded. "But I'm glad you like it."
 
"I'm sorry I didn't get you anything," I said, rubbing the back of my neck. He chuckled and patted my back. 
 
"Seeing the person you are now is probably the best gift of all," he said with a teasing tone. "I'm glad you're not the cold Myungsoo I grew up with."
 
"Somewhat I am too, but he's still lingering," I said and looked at my watch to see that I really do need to head to work. "I have to get going. It was nice to see you again."
 
"Same here-"
 
"Oppa~!" Haneul's voice was heard. She skipped down the stairs when she saw me. "Oh, Myungsoo, you haven't left yet?"
 
"I was just about to," I said as she smiled. 
 
"Would you like me to walk you out?" she asked, but I declined. I walked to the door as they both just stood there, watching me. I bowed to them and walked out of the house and to my car. I sat in my car, just thinking.
 
"How nice would it be to have her call me oppa, just once?" I wondered and started up the engine, driving off. 
 
Woohyun's POV~
 
"What should we make today?" I asked while putting on a red checkered apron. 
 
"I don't know, anything's fine," Haneul replied and sat by the counter. "Oh~ how about pasta?"
 
"Pasta?" I asked as she nodded. "That sounds good. You'll be helping me, right?"
 
"I don't know, we'll see," she giggled and ate the chips from the counter. "Oppa, when will Sungsoo come back?"
 
"He said in a few weeks, but I don't know how long a few weeks is," I answered while boiling water into a silver pot. "Why? Do you miss his cooking?"
 
"Just a bit, but I like oppa's cooking better," she said with a smile. I chuckled and grabbed the ribbon pastas from the pantry. 
 
"Haneul, can you cut some vegetables for me?" I asked as she nodded. She got up from her seat and grabbed an apron, wrapping it around her petite body. She began washing the vegetables and soon began cutting it while I started with the sauce. 
 
After a few minutes of cooking, I noticed her hair was getting in the way of her face. I softly snickered and watched her brush her hair back with the back of her hand. 
 
"Should I tie your hair for you?" I asked, walking up to her. She shook her head and grabbed her hair binder, but I took it from her. 
 
"Oppa-"
 
"Turn your head," I said cutting her off and made her face forward. I bit onto the hair binder while I bundled up her hair into a ponytail. I held the hair in one hand while I grabbed the hair binder from my mouth, tying it around her hair.
 
"There, it's pretty," I said and patted her head. She smiled up at me and continued to stir the sauce so that it wouldn't stick in the pot.
 
"Oppa~!" I heard Minah's high pitch voice shout from the house. The kitchen door flung open and Minah ran up to me, hugging my leg. "Oppa, guess what I got today when I went shopping with umma!"
 
"What did you get?" I asked, kneeling down to eye level.
 
"You're supposed to guess," she pouted as I chuckled and tapped my chin.
 
"Hmmm, I'm going to guess a new pink dress?" I asked and she just blinked at me, amazed.
 
"Uwah~ how'd you know?!" she asked with a round eyes.
 
"I know you very well Minah," I said and kissed her forehead. "Did you buy anything for oppa?"
 
"Of course I did~! I bought oppa and unnie rings!" she said and pulled out two plastic rings, the rings you'd find on top of cupcakes. She grabbed my hand and placed them in my palms, then leaned into my ear whispering, "Oppa, you have to give her the ring like Prince's do; by kneeling on one knee."
 
I snickered and looked at her saying, "That's proposing then."
 
"Proposing? What's that?" she asked, blankly staring at me.
 
"It's when a man asks a women he loves to be her wife," I said as she looked at me then to Haneul, who was too busy cooking to hear our conversations.
 
"Even better," Minah said with a bright smile, but I shook my head.
 
"Remember that she's getting to married to Myungsoo," I reminded her, but she didn't seem to care. "I can't ask a married woman to be mine-"
 
"But you can't let the woman you love get away," she said as I placed my hand on her tiny shoulder.
 
"That's true," I said with a smile. "What should I do then to stop her from marrying him, Godmother?"
 
Her eyes brightened and she, without any hesitation, said, "Propose to her."
 
I quietly laughed and looked at the plastic rings in my hand. Propose to her? I must be crazy to do that.
 
"Minah," Mrs. Park said coming into the kitchen, then looked surprised when she entered. "Oh, Woohyun, are you teaching Haneul to cook?"
 
"Somewhat," I said and looked up to Haneul, who made a face. "But she can already cook without me helping or even teaching her."
 
"I hope so," Mrs. Park laughed and looked at Minah. "C'mon Minah, you said you wanted to try your new dress on right?"
 
"Oh~ that's right!" she said and walked up to her mother then looked at me with a wink, mouthing, "Propose to her."
 
I just nodded and she left with her mother, leaving Haneul and I alone. I walked up to Haneul and looked over her shoulder to see how she was doing.
 
"You can stop stirring now, it's fine," I said as she stopped and set the spoon aside. I turned off the stove and grabbed the plates and silverware to set up the table.
 
"What were you and Minah whispering about over there?" she asked while taking off her apron.
 
"We just talked about Princesses," I simply said as I put the ribbon pasta in 5 plates, covering it with the sauce.
 
"That's all you two ever talk about," she giggled and helped me carry the plates out to the dining table. I called for Mrs. Park and Minah to join us for dinner while Mr. Park was out working overtime. We are dinner silently, but it was a comfortable silence. After dinner, Haneul and I both washed the dishes while Mrs. Park was putting Minah to sleep. 
 
"Dinner was really good oppa," Haneul said, rinsing the dishes. 
 
"Maybe it's because you were making it with me," I snickered and washed the last bowl. I took off the pink rubber gloves and waited for Haneul to finish up. 
 
"Oppa, you don't have to wait up for me to finish up. You can go to sleep first," she said as I softly smiled at her. 
 
"I'll wait for you because I have something I want to give you," I said and leaned against the counter. 
 
Once she finished up, we both headed up the stairs and stopped in front I her room. 
 
"You said you wanted to give me something right? What is it?" she asked as I grabbed the rings in my pant pockets. 
 
"Minah bought us a gift," I said and held out the rings in front of her. "Would you like the pink one?"
 
She looked at me then smiled with a nod. I grabbed the pink plastic ring and grabbed her right hand, sliding the ring onto her finger. 
 
"It fits you perfectly," I said and smiled at her. 
 
"Minah really bought these rings?" she asked as I nodded. "Why?"
 
"I don't know why myself, but I got one too," I said and slid the blue plastic ring onto my ring finger. "Almost as if she wanted us to be a married couple."
 
Haneul just stared at me, then the corner of her lips curled up. 
 
"Married couple? Sometimes I wonder if we really can become a couple," she said with a soft voice and opened her bedroom door. "Goodnight oppa."
 
"Goodnight," I said and watched her close the door. As soon as she did, I went into my room and brushed my fingers over the ring, then my bracelet. 
 
"I, too, wonder if we really can become a 'married' couple," I whispered.