Chapter 3

Who Says Cinderella Can't Become a Princess...or Should I Say a Prince?

3rd Person POV~

Haneul sat in the living room while sipping tea with Myungsoo and his mother. 
 
"So...do you want to tell me what's going on?" Haneul asked Mrs. Nam. "My parents never told me about marriage."
 
"We have decided to join all our share together," Mrs. Nam replied. "Since both households are the richest in Korea, why not have our children get married together and become bigger and better?"
 
"Why do we need to become bigger and better?" Myungsoo asked, not taking his eyes off Haneul. "We'll just become stingier and uglier."
 
"Myungsoo-ah," Mrs. Nam chimed, a bit too firm. "Lets not speak that way."
 
Woohyun had come back from the wine shop and saw Haneul in the living room. 
 
"Who's that?" he quietly asked when a lightbulb flashed in his head. "Ahh~ the girl I bumped into at the comic book store."
 
"Woohyun, would you like me to take those?" halmeoni asked him as he shook his head and went to put them away. Halmeoni and Woohyun sat in the kitchen, peeling oranges to eat when a question popped up in his head. 
 
"Can I ask you something halmeoni?" Woohyun asked as she nodded. "Why are you still working as a maid? You've been one ever since I was born. Even after eomoni died, you took care of me, why don't you retire?" 
 
"I can't. I need money to pay my husband's hospital bills," she answered as I nodded. 
 
"If only I was still abeoji's son, I'd give you money," he said, popping a piece of orange in his mouth. 
 
"You still are-"
 
"Nope. He doesn't see me as a son anymore, he only sees me as a maid. He even pays me for all the work that I do," he said looking down to the floor. Halmeoni didn't know how to answer back and stayed quiet. 
 
Myungsoo's POV~
 
After a long, what seemed like a never ending discussion, Haneul had left the place. 
 
"We'll be having a special party for the two of you," my mother said with a smile. I rolled my eyes and slouched in my seat. 
 
"But why me? Why do I have to get married? I'm not the oldest one here," I said. My mother gracefully sipped her tea and smiled. 
 
"You're the only one we could pass out wealth onto. You're the most responsible one," my mother replied. 
 
"There's also Woohyun," I stated. Her face darkened and an evil smile crept on her face. 
 
"Who?" she asked. 
 
"Nam. Woo. Hyun," I said, emphasizing his name. 
 
"I don't know anyone by that name," she said with a scoff and got up from her chair. "Just do as I say and marry the girl. Also, represent us well in front of her parents during the party."
 
"Whatever," I murmured and headed out the door when Woohyun stood in my way. "What do you want?"
 
"Uhm, I wanted to give you the change from buying the wine," he said, holding out a few bucks. I groaned and walked past him. 
 
"Keep it. You'll need it for personal use," I said and entered my black BMW 320i. 
 
Woohyun's POV~
 
I bowed to Myungsoo, well to his car, as it drove off. I sighed and turned back, entering the house to find something to do, or should I say, to clean. 
 
"Woohyun!" Madam shouted from what seemed like from her bedroom. I walked up the twirly stairs to her bedroom. 
 
"Yes Madam," I said walking in as she was trying on different diamond rings. 
 
"This week, we're going to be hosting a...a ball you can say and I'd like you to make orders for food and do the decorations," she said as I nodded. "There's a pen and paper by my mirror and whatever I say, you write down."
 
"Everything?" I asked as she turned to glare at me. 
 
"Now...what should we have that day?" she asked tapping her chin. 
 
"First off, what day will the party be held?" I asked, tapping the pen on the notepad. 
 
"Saturday, the 8th of May," she said. "Now for the food..."
 
She named all these food and I wrote then down as she said them. Then she went onto the decorations and all of that. My hand was getting really tired, almost like it was going to fall off anytime now. 
 
"...now onto my dress. I'd like it puffy and gold, with diamond beading..." she continued. She stopped talking after a while as I looked at her. 
 
"Is that it?" I asked, searching for an answer while she bit her nails. 
 
"Oh of course not. Lets not forget the drinks and my hair-do and of course my sons. We can't forget what they'll wear," she said and she continued with her never ending list of useless things. 
 
After an hour of discussing, she shooed me off. Once I got to the door though, she said something. "You will not show yourself during the event. Stay in your room and don't come out until everyone leaves, then you can start cleaning from there."
 
"Yes Madam," I said bowing and closed her door behind me, heading into the kitchen. I flopped into a chair and looked at the long list. "This week is going to be jammed pack..."
 
"Woohyun!!! Come help me with my project!!" I heard Sunjong shout. I groaned and pushed myself off the chair, heading up to his room.