Chapter 13

Who Says Cinderella Can't Become a Princess...or Should I Say a Prince?

Woohyun's POV~

"Woohyun, you can stop working for the day. You have an appointment today at the hospital to check up on your health," Mr. Park said coming into the living room. 
 
"But I haven't finished though," I said, dusting the shelves. 
 
He chuckled and said, "It's fine. Leave it. This house is clean enough, so leave it. Your health is much more important anyways."
 
I nodded and set the feathered duster away, taking off my apron. 
 
"Since we're heading out, we'll buy you more clothes on the way," he said. 
 
"Appa~!" I heard Minah's voice shouting from the stairs. "Are you going shopping?!"
 
"Yes I am! I'm going with Woohyun, do you want to come?" Mr. Park asked her as we could hear her tiny footsteps run down the stairs. 
 
"I'm ready to go~" she said with a sweet smile and giggled. I chuckled and kneeled down to her level to fix her dress. 
 
"You like shopping, don't you?" I asked as she nodded. "Oppa will buy you something pretty then."
 
"Okay~!" she shouted and grabbed my hand. "But we have to take you to the hospital first."
 
"Of course," I said and picked her up. I heard footsteps coming down the steps and I looked up to see Haneul coming down after her nap. "Good afternoon Haneul-ssi."
 
"Oh, good afternoon Woohyun," she said with a sweet smile and tired eyes, which could barely open. "You can drop the formal speech too. Just call me Haneul, like how you call Luhan, Luhan."
 
"I heard my name!" Luhan shouted from the top of the stairs. "Are you guys talking behind my back?!"
 
"No oppa, we would never talk about you behind your back," she shouted and looked at me. "Are you going somewhere?"
 
"Yep, oppa, appa and I are going shopping, but before we do we're going to take Woohyun to the hospital," Minah said. Haneul looked at me, concerned. 
 
"Are you not feeling well?" she asked as I smiled. 
 
"I'm fine, it's just some check ups to see how I'm doing," I said, assuring her I was fine. She sighed of relief and smiled. 
 
"Would you like to join us?" Mr. Park asked. She scratched her head to think and looked up to see Luhan coming down. 
 
"I do. I'm in need of clean boxers," Luhan said as Minah giggled from the word "boxers."
 
"I need more clothes too and more lotion. I'll quickly wash up and get dressed," Haneul said and ran upstairs. 
 
"Hyung, do you need more boxers?" Luhan asked while poking my side. 
 
"W-what?!" I asked with wide eyes as he chuckled. "Uh, to be honest...I am in need of boxers...."
 
He laughed and took Minah from me. He kissed her cheek and smiled, then said, "This hyung is funny, isn't he? He gets embarrassed so quick."
 
"I like him though, he's cute," Minah said and smiled to me. 
 
"Hey, I'll be in the car waiting. I need to make private calls with Mr. Nam, so I'll be waiting," Mr. Park said and walked out the door. 
 
It wasn't long when Haneul came down the stairs with another floral summer dress. She looked beautiful. 
 
"Sorry I made you guys wait," she said with an apologetic smile. 
 
"It's fine, we're used to it. I don't know about hyung, but Minah and I are. Aren't we?" Luhan asked and pressed his nose against Minah's soft, chubby cheeks. Minah nodded and pointed at the door. 
 
"Lets get going so we could get to Woohyun oppa's appointment on time," Minah said in a demanding voice and so we headed out. 
 
After my appointment with the doctor and having the others wait in the car, we went shopping. Sitting in between Haneul and Minah, I could feel someone's eyes on me. I looked to my right and saw Haneul stare at me, then she turned away. 
 
"Is there something on my face?" I asked her as she shook her head. 
 
"I was just curious on what the doctor said about your health," she softly said, looking out the window at all the things that passed by. I smiled and looked down at her. 
 
"He said I'm perfect. I'm no longer sick," I said. "Thank you for concern Haneul-ssi."
 
"Didn't I tell you to call me Haneul?" she said with a shy smile. I quietly chuckled and ruffled her hair. 
 
Haneul's POV~
 
His touch gave me a funny feeling; it made my heart beat faster than usual. That was the first time I've ever felt like that too. Okay, I lied. I felt like that when I met that mysterious boy at the masquerade ball, but that doesn't count considering that I didn't fully see his face. 
 
"Appa, can we buy ice cream on the way?" Minah asked, leaning to face our father. He looked in the rear view mirror and I could see his eye smile. 
 
"Of course we can dear. Lets get some banana milk too," he said as Minah cheered. 
 
"Ouu~ lets buy some sweet bread~!" Luhan said from the passenger's seat. "The ones with the taro filling inside."
 
Our father chuckled and continued to concentrate on the road. 
 
"You guys eat and drink those stuff?" Woohyun asked as we all stared at him. 
 
"Of course we do. They're delicious," appa said with a smile. "Why? Did your previous household not drink or eat those things?"
 
I looked at Woohyun as he looked down to his hands, which laid on his lap. He then said, "They'd never go near those things. They don't like cheap food...."
 
Luhan and appa practically laughed. 
 
"Cheap food?!" Luhan laughed. "There's no such thing! Food is food!"
 
"That family was probably wealthy then, like us?" appa asked as Woohyun nodded. "And you thought that since we're rich, we don't enjoy those cheap food, am I right?"
 
"Yes sir," Woohyun softly said.
 
"We may be wealthy, but we're human too. Are we not allowed to eat and drink things that the wealthy wouldn't go near?" appa asked Woohyun, who was blushing from embarrassment. "To be honest, I find those cheap food, you speak of, tasty. It's a whole lot better than what the rich eat."
 
"I guess I was judging too early," Woohyun said. Luhan chuckled and turned around to look at him. 
 
"Hyung, have you ever tried eating the sweet bread with the taro filling?" Luhan asked. Woohyun shook his head. "How about banana milk then?!"
 
"Uhh...I did when I was younger, but I stopped ever since my mother-" Woohyun stopped talking and cleared his throat. "I grew tired of drinking banana milk."
 
Luhan cutely glared at Woohyun, then smiled. "Well, I guess you're going to have to love then again with us~! You don't know how delicious-"
 
In my head, Luhan's voice faded although his lips were still moving. I could only lay my eyes on Woohyun; his eyes showed sadness. I stretched my hand up to his forehead and placed the back of my hand on it. 
 
"Woohyun, are you not feeling well?" I asked as he jumped, startled. He looked at me and pulled my hand down. 
 
"I-I'm fine. I was just deep in my thoughts," he said with a soft smile and released my wrist. 
 
"What were you thinking about?" I asked, curious to why his face was so gloomy. 
 
"Haneul, don't you think that's a bit too personal?" appa asked as I cleared my throat. 
 
"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to-"
 
"It's fine. You were just worried about me, I understand," Woohyun said and smiled.