Chapter 54

Who Says Cinderella Can't Become a Princess...or Should I Say a Prince?

3rd Person POV~

Haneul didn't like it how her parents practically begged Myungsoo to marry her. She didn't think they would nor did Myungsoo. 
 
"Why didn't you just tell them you don't like me?" Haneul asked as she and Myungsoo was on their way to look for a wedding dress with Woohyun driving them. 
 
"Now why would I make such a lie?" he asked, staring out the window. "It's not like they'd care anyways and I didn't want to make it worse by saying I dislike you."
 
Haneul sighed and looked out the window while Woohyun looked at her through the rear view mirror wanting to say something, but he didn't know what. 
 
They then arrived at the shop and got off, heading in to meet their parents. Woohyun pulled back on his mask since his stepmother didn't know about him working with the Park family and he didn't want her to know, especially when he knew she'll make a scene if she saw him. 
 
"Haneul, come here and pick your dress. I've picked some out as well," Mrs. Park said dragging Haneul with her to the dressing room. 
 
"We'll be back boys," Mrs. Nam chimed and followed behind while the men sat down. 
 
"Woohyun, are you sick again?" Mr. Park asked pointing at the mask. "If you were sick, you didn't have to drive Myungsoo and Haneul here."
 
"It's fine it's just a little cold," Woohyun said. He turned to his father and leaned in to whisper in his ear, "Why did you come? You should be resting."
 
"I've gotten better Woohyun and I can't miss out on this; it's just as important as the wedding," Mr. Nam whispered back with a smile. Myungsoo just stared at the floor, bored, when Haneul came out in a Cinderella-like dress; puffy and strapless. Woohyun and Myungsoo were mesmerized by it. 
 
"How does she look? Like a princess right?" Mrs. Park asked with a bright smile. 
 
"It looks beautiful," Mr. Park said. "Myungsoo, what do you think?"
 
He just stared at Haneul and looked away. 
 
"It's hideous," he said as they all gasped. Haneul glared at him along with Woohyun. "Go find something better."
 
"Myungsoo-ah-"
 
"I have things to do today, so hurry up and find something better," Myungsoo ordered, shooing the women away as the men just stared at him. 
 
"Aren't you being a bit too harsh?" Mr. Nam asked, but Myungsoo didn't care, or at least he tried to show like he didn't. 
 
"Do you really think the dress is hideous?" Woohyun asked, taking his mask slightly off to show a grin. "Or are you just saying it?"
 
"Of course it looks good on her, I'm only saying it so that they get the idea that I don't want to marry her," he whispered and Haneul came out with a slim dress that showed her curves, making both jaws drop. 
 
"Yah, where do you think you're going with a dress like that? It's almost as if you're going to a night club in white," Myungsoo said as both their parents glared at him, even Woohyun. "Hurry up and get into something else!"
 
Haneul huffed out a sigh and stomped away as Myungsoo felt bad for saying all of those things. One dress after another, Myungsoo mad negative comments. 
 
"That dress makes you look fat."
 
"What are you a table cloth?"
 
"I can't get marry to that."
 
"You look like a flamingo."
 
"Why don't you just pick a dress for me?!" Haneul shouted at him, surprising everyone. Myungsoo smirked and got up, heading to the back room where the dresses were. He randomly picked one and handed it to her. 
 
"Fine then, wear this one," he said as she widened her eyes. 
 
"This is too short! If I was to bend over people would see something they wouldn't want to see!" she yelled, hitting him with the dress. "This is too revealing too! Aish, you useless man!"
 
Myungsoo smirked and turned to their parents.
 
"See, this is why I can't marry her," he said and looked at Haneul. "She has bad manners and is short tempered."
 
"You do too," Haneul mumbled and crossed her arms. "We really aren't suited to marry each other."
 
"She also thinks like me too so please reconsider this marriage," Myungsoo said, hoping they would.
 
"I'm sorry, but we've already made our final decision and you two are going to get married," Mr. Park said and looked at Haneul. "Haneul, you're beautiful in every dress you wear. Just pick the one you like best and we'll get that one."
 
Haneul looked at Myungsoo to say something, but he didn't know what else to say. Woohyun just sat there to think of something to say to make them change their minds.
 
"Haneul, go and choose your dress," Mr. Park said and she stomped away with her mother and Mrs. Nam following behind. He then looked at Myungsoo, making him swallow hard. "Myungsoo, I know it's wrong to have you two marry like this without even loving each other, but this is for our businesses. It's selfish I know that, but what else can we do?"
 
"What else? Not have us marry," Myungsoo said and looked away from Mr. Park's gaze. "I don't hate Haneul or anything, but I can't marry her."
 
"You'll regret it if you don't," Mr. Park said and they all silently waited for Haneul to pick her dress.
 
She really didn't want to pick one out, so she had her mother pick one. She just stared at the dresses when the worker had her try it on so they could measure it out to her size.
 
"Miss, what's wrong? You don't look happy wearing the dress," the worker said while wrapping the measuring tap around Haneul's waist as they were alone in the fitting room.
 
"Oh, you can tell that I'm bothered?" she asked as the worker chuckled.
 
"You're the first woman I've seen have such a gloomy face one. Every bride I work with, they're all excited and talk non-stop about their wedding and dating life, but you...you're quiet and so I know something's wrong," she said looking at Haneul. "Perhaps, this was an arranged marriage?"
 
"Oh, how'd you know?" Haneul asked, shocked.
 
"Isn't that the only reason why a bride is this bothered? Unless your fiance is cheating on you, but you're just denying the fact that he is," she said with a smile. "But it doesn't seem so."
 
Haneul looked at herself in the mirror with the dress on and couldn't bring a smile onto her face.
 
"No matter how hard I try and the man I'm supposed to marry try, we still can't get to our parents," Haneul softly said, brushing her fingers along the lace of the dress. The worker just smiled and finished up measuring.
 
"Who knows, things might change," she said and patted Haneul's back. "I've finished measuring you. Next week, come back to try on the dress again."
 
Haneul nodded and took off the dress. She changed into her clothes and walked out to her parents.
 
"Did it go well?" her mother asked as she nodded. "That's good."
 
Haneul faintly smiled and looked at Myungsoo, then to Woohyun. They then spent the rest of the day picking the wedding cake and invitations, ending it with picking wedding rings.
 
Haneul and Myungsoo ended it early, leaving with Woohyun back home.
 
"Today was really tiring," Myungsoo said rubbing his temples. "I was about to lose my patients with the invitations."
 
"I was about to go crazy with your negative comments when I was trying on the dresses," Haneul said and glared at Myungsoo.
 
"I'm sorry okay? I only said those things so that they might rethink about me marrying you. I thought they would think I'd continue to treat you badly," Myungsoo said with a sigh. "You looked good in every dress though, even hyung loved seeing you."
 
"Me?" Woohyun scoffed. "Seeing her wear a wedding dress was painful because she wasn't getting married to me."
 
Haneul softly smiled and soon they got home. Myungsoo had left in the car he left at the Park house and headed to work, leaving Haneul and Woohyun alone at home.
 
"Oppa, what am I supposed to do? Umma and appa won't listen to a thing I have to say, they don't even listen to Myungsoo," Haneul said, sitting on the couch in the living room.
 
"That's because they want to see their daughter get married; it's an exciting feeling for them," he said kneeling down in front of her. He caressed her face and gently kissed forhead. "On your wedding day, should I cause a scene?"
 
"Eh?"
 
Woohyun smiled and shook his head and said,  "I'd never do something like that, but I'll think of something to stop this marriage. Just you wait."
 
Haneul smiled and nodded while Woohyun embraced her in his arms. Even if your parents want you to marry, I don't and I'll do whatever I can to make you mine; even if I have to beg on my knees.