Smile Again

Still Alive

After a few moments of staring at the tub and the knife in my hand… I took a few steps towards the tub but then I dropped the knife onto the ground and walked out of the bathroom. I went back into the bedroom and closed the door behind me, locking it. I went back to the bed and sat down on the ground and leaned against it.

 

After a few minutes I got up and paced back and forth around the room until it was just passed 5am. I started slowing down as I got tired and fell asleep on the bed. to my side, the tears were falling down my cheeks. The moonlight from the window was coming through and lighting up my face. I closed my eyes to avoid the light and to be in the darkness.

 

Maybe tonight I will find out what happened to the Prince and the girl. I want to know. I want to know what happened. What will happen with my life. What will happen with me… Will it be the same as the Prince? I want to know. Let me dream… Please.

 

A few weeks have passed since then. I never dreamt of anything. I would go to sleep… All black… nothing… no dreams. It was sad. I’m starting to lose hope. I’m starting to not care anymore. The words still hurt me.

 

Am I stupid? Am I a murderer?

 

“Daesung? We have some food for you… Please open the door…” Youngbae said softly.

 

I looked over from the window. I then turned away from the door to look back out the window. Not even answering him.

 

He sighed and sets the tray down on the floor next to the room. “It’s by the door if you want it okay?” He then said softly. He goes back to the dining room and sits down.

 

Weeks just passing by.

Nothing going on.

Nothing to my caring.

Nothing for me to care about.

 

I hear on the tv that was on in the living room, that Jiyong was involved in a scandal… But he couldn’t have done it on purpose… It’s not in him to… do that.

 

Weeks passing by more. They would all leave and do things as a group. Hearing that non of them wanted to do it without me. They had no choice. They had to go.

 

As for me… I spent my time, just sitting and thinking.

laying down and sleeping… dreaming.

 

wishing I could turn back time..

but I can’t.

 

I’m sorry for everything that i’ve done.

I’m sorry for how I feel.

----------------------------------

“I am sorry for my feelings… I have been hurt too many times before and I..”

 

“Just stop.” The prince said walking up to Mina. “Don’t you ever… apologize for how you feel.” He gently holds onto her arms. Mina looks down and then back up at him.

 

“There is nothing good with me. I am not good. You are a prince and I am a nobody… Just a common girl.” She whispered staring into his eyes.

 

The prince just looks back at her. He moves one of his hands to gently place on his cheeks. Tears started forming in her eyes, when they had no more room, they fell down her cheeks. He gently wiped them away with his thumb.

 

“You may just be a common girl to everyone else… But I see something special in you. You are beautiful… I can see that you are kind… Your soul is beautiful. I love your smile. It’s what attracted me to you in the beginning.. Seeing your precious smile…”

 

She shook her head slowly “But everyone else was smiling too… what made mine so special.”

 

“I could see the pain and the hurt in your smile. Despite being torn apart on the inside you continue to smile. You smile no matter what the situation is.” He explained. “I am sorry if this reason is not good for you. I am sorry that I am no good for you.” He slowly moved his hands away from her.

 

“But you are.” She said quickly grabbing onto his shirt. “You are good for me. I am sorry.”

 

He looked at her when she grabbed onto his shirt. He moved his hands and looked away.

 

“Can I please have a hug. Am I worthy of a hug from the prince? Please… It’s what I need.” She whispered looking up at him.

 

He closed his eyes and then slowly wrapped his arms around her to hug her close. “You’re worthy of it all.” He whispered into her ear.

 

-----------------------------------

“Daesung.” Someone said knocking at the door. “It’s me… I was wondering if you could open the door… So we could talk.”

 

I kept my head buried in my knees as I sat against the corner of the room. I shook my head and didn’t say a word.

 

“Please… It’s what I want.” He whispered and knocked again.

 

I slowly lifted up my head and looked towards the door. I slowly stood up and walked over quietly, so they would not know that I am acknowledging them. I gently press my ear against the door. It’s Seunghyun, I can tell by his breathing and the concern in his voice.

 

“Please.” He repeated.

 

I blinked slowly and moved back from the door a bit. I stared at the door knob and reached for it. I gripped onto the silver knob and carefully unlocked it with my other hand. Seunghyun kept his head rested on the door. I slowly turned the knob until the door popped and then pulled at it until it slowly opened to just a crack.

 

Seunghyun looked up at me. I kept my eyes on him. “Daesungiee… Can… Can I come in?”

 

I kept my eyes on him and it slowly traveled down until I was looking at the floor. I slowly backed up so he could enter the room. I turned my back towards him and took a few steps towards the window. Seunghyun made his way into the room and closed the door behind him. Takes a few steps towards me. I kept my back towards him.

 

“Daesung… It’s okay.” He whispered.

 

I shook my head. “No… not it’s not.” I whispered back. “I am in hell because of this.”

 

“No you are not… This was a mistake.. What happened was an accident. You didn’t mean to do that. You didn’t see him.” He quickly said with a soft voice.

 

I hugged my arms close to me, not turning around. I looked at the ground. “I’m a murderer…” I finally whispered. “They think i’m a murderer… I killed him.”

 

“You are not a murderer!” Seunghyun yelled. “Don’t listen to them! They are all kinds of wrong!! They don’t know what they were even talking about! It’s not true Daesung! You didn’t do it. You are a good person.”

 

“I thought about ending my life again.” I said brokenly as if I was going to cry. “It was on my mind several times. I had several opportunities to do it.” Seunghyun just stood there. He slowly took a few steps towards me. “I understand why all these celebrities end up doing it when hits them.” the tears started falling down my cheeks. “I wanted to do it so I didn’t have to think about all those horrible words they were saying about me! I wanted to! But then I thought about… How selfish it would be to leave you all. I’m hurt to a point I am lower than dirt. I am not worthy of anything.” I said quietly. Seunghyun slowly wrapped his arms around my waist to give me a back hug. I quickly gripped onto his arm when he did. “I didn’t want you guys to feel that way too.” I cried. Seunghyun held me close and swayed side to side slowly. I kept crying being collapsing to the ground, Seunghyun followed to his knees. He kept his arms around me.

 

“I’m here babe.” He whispered. “You are worthy of everything.. Don’t you dare say that you aren’t. You are worthy of all the love that is given to you.” He whispered into my ear.

 

I shook my head as he kept hugging me. “I’m not know. I am not.”


“You are. Please believe me…” He quickly said. “Don’t believe the harsh words.. It doesn’t matter what they think. We know it’s not true. Our true fans know it’s not true. If you would just open your eyes and look around… You have so many supporters. That guys family forgives you… Don’t you remember that?? Why can’t you focus on the positive and not the negative… It’s not doing you any good! I miss my fiance. I miss my Daesung! Please come back. Please smile again. I miss your smiles. I miss being happy.” He whispered as the tears now fell down his cheeks. “Please smile again.”