I Guess I Need You Baby~

Still Alive

[Daesung’s POV]


 

They pushed me through the double doors, Seunghyun followed, holding onto my hand… Continuously apologizing. I wasn’t responding. My eyes were shut, I was still pale, my skin was still ice cold… I looked like I was dead.


 

“Please wake up.” He whispered as the doctors reached the OR. One of the doctors turned to Seunghyun and gently pushed him away and continued to wheel me into the room.


 

Seunghyun stood there and watched them transfering me to the OR table, the double doors closing… He couldn’t see fully anymore… unless it was through the small windows.


 

He collapsed to his knees and yelled out. It got people’s attention. They all turned around and looked at Seunghyun. He continued to scream. “Please don’t let him die!” He yelled and banged on the floor.


 

A few moments later Youngbae, Seungri and Jiyong ran around the corner after hearing Seunghyun’s screaming. Youngbae ran up to Seunghyun and pulled him to his feet. Seunghyun pulled away.


 

“LEAVE ME ALONE!” He yelled and picked up a chair. He threw it and almost hit a nurse. She quickly ducked and then ran away.


 

“Hyung!” Seungri yelled. “Getting angry won’t help Daesung!”


 

“Or getting a lawsuit!” Jiyong added to the rage.


 

Seunghyun looked at them. He shook his head as the tears fell down his cheeks. “I just want him to be okay.” He sobbed as he collapsed to the floor.


 

“We all do.” Youngbae said softly, placing a hand on his shoulder.


 

“You’re not the only one who loves him.” Seungri said walking over. “We all love him.” He added.


 

“He’ll be fine Seunghyun.” Jiyong bent down to face him.


 

Seunghyun looked up at Jiyong and then looked back down. Jiyong patted his back.


 

In the OR the doctors were trying to get me conscious again. I started to flat line and they pulled out the shock pads.


 

“CLEAR!” The doctor yelled and shocked me with the pads. My body just jolted but I didn’t open my eyes. “CLEAR!” he yelled again and shocked me once more.


 

In the waiting room, Seungri sat down on the bench next to Jiyong. Seungri was laying back on Jiyong’s lap. Jiyong leaned his head against the wall, closing his eyes, a few tears falling down his cheeks.


 

Seunghyun kept pacing back and forth down the hallway and Youngbae leaned against the wall. He was praying.


 

A few moments later CL, Bom, Minzy and Dara all ran down the hallway. “Oh my god how is he!?” CL yelled running over to Youngbae.


 

Youngbae opened his eyes and looked at her. He shook his head. “We don’t know… They’re still in there with him.”


 

“Is it looking good?!” Minzy quickly asked.


 

“No.” Youngbae choked. “It’s not. He has a head injury also.”


 

“What happened?” CL asked calmly.


 

“Seunghyun and Daesung got into an argument… Daesung left to the other room and I guess tried drowning himself.” Youngbae sighed.


 

Seunghyun stopped pacing around and stared at the OR door that Daesung was in. He didn’t want to look in the small window… He didn’t want to see him die… if he did.


 

Dara was over by Jiyong and Seungri trying to comfort them. Bom slowly walked over to Seunghyun and placed a hand on his shoulder. “You okay?” She asked softly.


 

He looked at her and then back at the door. “What did I do wrong?” he asked.


 

“Nothing. People get into arguments all the time.” Bom looked at the door to, then back at him.


 

“But I hurt him.” Seunghyun replied, still staring at the door.


 

Bom sighed. “When do you not hurt him…” Seunghyun looked at her. “When does he not hurt you…” She added.


 

“What are…” He looked confused.


 

“Both sides are at fault in an argument. It just takes a bigger person to admit that they were wrong.” Bom says softly.


 

“I started the argument… I’m such a monster.” He covered his face with his hands.


 

“No… it just makes you human.” She replied holding onto his arm. “You have to keep faith and believe that he will be okay… You can’t lose that hope… You can’t give up on Daesung.” She explained looking at him.


 

“I’m trying.” He said softly.


 

I’m trying.” I said in my mind. I felt the pressure on my chest and the electricity flowing through my body. I felt my heart start for a second before giving up. “Please… Don’t give up.” Another rush of electricity rushed through my body, hitting my brain… trying to jumpstart it. ‘Wake up, wake up’ it yells at me. More electricity attacks my eyes… Trying to peel them open. They’re stuck together like glue.


 

No more electricity? Have you given up? I can hear yelling, it’s screeching and it’s hurting my ears. Please make it stop.


 

The flat line gotten louder and louder. The doctors sighed and placed down the shock pads. He looked at the nurse and then back at me. “Time?” He asked.


 

“8:26 PM. May 11th 2011.” The nurse quietly said.


 

The doctor moved away from the table and slowly walked out of the OR. CL and the other girls were sitting down on the bend across from Seungri and Jiyong. Youngbae was praying again and Seunghyun was looking at the ground.


 

When the doctor walked out of the room, it seemed like the whole world stopped for a while. Everything was silent, no noise. Seunghyun snapped out of his daze and looked up.


 

“How is he?! Is Daesung okay?!” Seunghyun quickly asked. Youngbae opened his eyes and looked over. The other 6 looked over also.


 

The doctor sighed and looked at the ground. “By the time you found Daesung… the damage was too far beyond saving. He swallowed large amount of water and held his breath far too long. The submerging didn’t help with the wound on his head, as it made it bleed even faster.” The doctor tried explaining.


 

“Just tell me he’s okay.” Seunghyun asked quietly.


 

The doctor looked up at Seunghyun and placed a hand on his shoulder. He had this sad look on his face. “I’m sorry. He was dead when you found him. We couldn’t bring him back.”


 

Seunghyun’s eyes widen. “No… DEAR GOD NO!” He yelled. “He can’t be dead!” He cried out.


 

The doctor looked at Seunghyun and sighed. “I’m sorry.” He turned around to go back into OR.


 

“Bring him back please!” Seunghyun yelled grabbing onto his arm. “BRING MY DAESUNG BACK!” He kept yelling. The doctor looked frightened.


 

“I’m sorry but I can’t. He’s gone.” The doctor tried to explain.


 

“No he’s not!” Seunghyun yelled. Youngbae ran over and pulled Seunghyun away from the doctor.


 

“Seunghyun stop!” Youngbae yelled. The doctor went back into the OR.


 

“Bring him back… please.” Seunghyun choked. “Please.”


 

Seungri was crying, Jiyong was hugging him, crying also. The girls hugged each other as they started to cry as well.


 

Seunghyun just stood there and dropped to his knees. “Please come back Daesung!” Seunghyun yelled at the top of his lungs. “I’m sorry! I’M SORRY!”


 

Youngbae let go of Seunghyun when he dropped to the floor. He then walked to the OR and walked in. I was just laid on the cold table. A white blanket covering my face. Youngbae slowly walked over. His legs trembling. He got to my side and slowly pulled the blanket off of my face. “Why… You’re so stupid Daesung…” Youngbae muttered. “Why are you so ing selfish!” He yelled staring at my dead body.


 

It was like he was expecting a response from me because he was just staring at me.


 

“Why won’t you answer me!” He yelled.


 

Because I’m dead.


 

“Please wake up….” He added.


 

I can’t.


 

“Do you realize how much pain and suffering is going on out there because of this! WHY WEREN’T YOU THINKING ABOUT US!” Youngbae cried.


 

I’m sorry. I wish I could wake up… I wish I could go back in time and stop myself… I wish I could go back in time and tell Seunghyun I am excited for the wedding. I am stupid… I hate myself… I really do…

I let you all down….

I’m sorry.


 

Youngbae fell to his knees and covered his face with his hands. He kept crying and crying.


 

My blank mind went back to the others in the waiting room… Wishing I would come back… Hoping and praying I would walk out through those doors. Seunghyun was on the floor, leaned against the wall… He was crying… but his expression on his face was blank.


 

I may have made it rain, please forgive me.

My weakness caused you pain…

At night I pray that soon your face would fade away.


“CLEAR” someone yelled as electricity rushed through my body. It slammed against my brain, sending thoughts everywhere, telling me to wake up. “CLEAR” More electricity ran through my veins making my body jolt up. “CLEAR!” One final rush of electricity goes through my body… hitting my heart, telling my heart to not lose faith, keep pumping… and hitting my eyes, peeling them open as my body jolted up once more.