Happy Birthday To Me

Still Alive

[Daesung’s POV]

 

I looked at the roses that sat in the vase on the kitchen table. Some of the petals were falling off because I smacked Seunghyun with them earlier. I looked around the living room and there was little noise; the TV was on and the air conditioner was going.

 

Why is the air conditioner on? It’s nice outside. Just open the window. I turned back to face the table and watched the poker game unfold before me. I couldn’t tell who was winning… Youngbae or Seunghyun? Jiyong and Seungri both had quit earlier in the game.

 

I stood up and walked behind Seunghyun and saw his cards. Then I walked over behind Youngbae and looked at his cards. I walked back to my seat and sat down.

“Youngbae has a Royal Flush.” I said looking through my phone.

“DAMMIT!” Youngbae yelled and Seunghyun started to laugh.

“I WIN AGAIN!” Seunghyun yelled standing up. He start waving like a queen to everyone present in the room.

“I would have won if it wasn’t for your meddling fiancé.” Youngbae said referencing Scooby-Doo.

 I started to laugh. Seunghyun looked at me and smiled. “Well I love him.” He said softly. Then a few seconds later the living room light was dimmed and Seungri and Jiyong came out with a cake.

They started to sing Happy Birthday to me.

They sat the cake down on the table. I was so distracted by them that I didn’t notice Seunghyun get up and retreat to the bedroom.

I was smiling as they sung to me. I looked at the candles on the cake and closed my eyes when they finished.

I was supposed to make my wish now.

What do I want?

I want everything… I want my peace… I want BIGBANG to last forever… I want everything to be okay again… I want to be married to Seunghyun finally. When I open my eyes I want to see him smiling and kissing me. I want wish that there was nothing that can tear us apart… nothing.

I leaned forward and gently blew air from my mouth to put out the tiny fire on the wax sticks. When I opened my eyes they were clapping and cheering and I saw Seunghyun staring into my face and smiling.

He poked my nose and kissed my lips. I smiled in the kiss and laughed a little. He pulled away and handed me a little box.

“Happy Birthday.” He said softly. He moved away and I opened the little box. It was a bracelet. I looked at it and then back at him and smiled.

“Thank you so much baby” I said softly.

He smiled back and picked up a piece of cake that Seungri just finished cutting and smashed it in my face.

“omo!” I was surprised and stunned. My eyes were opened as wide as they could. I looked around for Seunghyun, but all I saw was him taking off running to the bedroom.

I stood up and grabbed another piece of cake that Seungri just sliced.

“Come on you guys…” He whined looking at me.

I held the cake and ran towards the room. I opened the door and ran in. Seunghyun screamed like a little girl and took off running back into the living room.

I threw the cake at him but he tripped and fell on the floor and it smashed into Seungri’s face.

I stopped running and looked at Seungri. Seunghyun looked up at him from the floor and started laughing.

Seungri gave Seunghyun a death glare and started throwing cake at him.

Seunghyun quickly got up and hid behind the couch. Watching it all, Youngbae and Jiyong both grabbed an untouched piece of cake and stood in the kitchen to eat it, while the rest of the cake was thrown around in the living room.

“MY EYES!” Seungri yelled. “I CAN’T SEE!” He ran around the living room.

“THAT’S BECAUSE YOU HAVE CAKE ON THEM YOU IDIOT!” Jiyong yelled from the kitchen.

“Jiyong! Help me!” He yelled.

“Save yourself.” He muttered and continued to eat his cake.

“I’M DYING!” Seungri yelled as he fell to the floor. “I… I… I think I’m allergic to what was in the cake!” Silence…

Jiyong choked on his cake and quickly placed the plate down on the counter and ran out to the living room. “RI!” He yelled and saw him on the floor.

I just stood there and laughed. Jiyong looked at me and I quickly stopped. Seunghyun pretended to be dead, hanging off the couch with cake all over him.

“Seungri!?!?” Jiyong kneeled down beside him. “Wake up!” He yelled and slapped Seungri.

Seungri, without Jiyong noticing, grabbed the mushed up cake on the floor next to him and smashed it into his face. Jiyong fell backwards.

I died laughing. Youngbae started laughing from the kitchen.

“That is so not funny.” Jiyong muttered and stood up. “You guys are so mean.” He pouted and walked away.

I watched him leave and then looked at Seunghyun. I walked over to the table and picked up some cake. I slowly walked over to Seunghyun but stopped when my body froze. The cake still in my hand. Everything before me flickered white real quickly and I saw an image of a man, all bloodied on the ground. Everything was back to normal and I quickly shook my head.

Seunghyun opened his eyes and looked at me. “You okay?”

I looked back at him. “Neh Hyung.” I walked back to the table and placed the cake back down on the plate. Youngbae looked at me.

“Are you sure you’re okay?” He asked me.

I looked at him. “yes… I just felt a little dizzy that’s it.” I smiled.