The Future Doesn't Seem So Bad

Still Alive

[Daesung’s POV]

I sat on the couch with my legs up against my chest. A blanket covering me and the TV on the news channel. I sighed as I looked upon the colorful box, not getting over the very short conversation I had with Seungri a few days earlier. I turned off the TV and got off the couch, letting the blanket fall on the ground. I walked to the bedroom and went in. Seunghyun was out with Jiyong and Seungri. I walked over to the computer and sat down in the chair.

I started to look up some things from the past. There were articles about Park being Michael’s protégé. There were articles about Michael’s death. There were stories on the internet about Park. She was a kindred person, she was very well liked and admired. Then things turned for the worst for her. She lost her family in a big accident and hasn’t been the same since.

Before I started to read another article the front door opened and someone walked in. I stood up from the computer and walked out into the living room. “Hyungs?” I called out walking over. Someone was in the kitchen. “Hello?” I walked into the kitchen and the person turned around. We both got startled. “Oh Monica it’s you”

“Daesung what are you doing here?” She asked.

I just looked at her. “I… live here… right” I said confused.

“Oh right” She laughed and walked past me.

“What are you doing here?” I asked her.

She turned around to look at me. “I’m here with Youngbae.” She smiled and turned back around and went back inside Youngbae’s room.

I watched her and then walked into the living room. I headed back to the bedroom but the front door opened and talking filled the room.

“Just shut up Seungri… Seriously!” Seunghyun muttered as he carried bags into the dorm. I turned around and walked over.

“Hyungggg!” I smiled.

Seunghyun looked at me. “Hey Dae… Be a doll and carry this into the room so I can smack this boy” He shoved the bags into my arms and he went over to Seungri and dragged him to his room. The whole time he was screaming for help.

“Jiyonggggggg help me!” He cried.

“You deserve it!” Jiyong laughed and turned to look at me. “Ah Daesung let me help you with that.” Jiyong grabbed some of the bags from me and walked towards the room with them. I stood there for a second before following him. We placed the bags down on the bed and I looked at Jiyong.

“What are in these?” I asked looking through them.

“Ah! No no no!” Jiyong said smacking my hand out of the way. “You can’t look in them!” He laughed.

“And why not?” I frowned.

“It’s your birthday gifts!” Jiyong smiled.

“Then why is it in the room where I sleep?” I asked.

That smiled Jiyong had on his face turned into a confused look then a frown. “!” He yelled and grabbed the bags and brought them to his room.

I smiled as I watched him leave with them. “Stupid” I laughed. I walked out of the room and bumped into Seunghyun. “Oh hey” I smiled. He was closing Seungri’s door.

“Hey” He smiled.

“What was wrong with Maknae?” I asked looking at Seungri’s door, listening to him cry.

“Oh?” Seunghyun looked at it also. “Nothing.” He turned back to face me and smile. “Nothing at all.” He kept smiling. “You don’t need to know why.”

I looked at him confused. “So there isn’t or there is something wrong?” I asked.

“Nope! Nothing wrong!” He smiled and walked into Jiyong’s room.

Well… Everyone is acting strange today… I shook my head and walked over to the living room again. I sat back down on the couch and turned the TV back on. I grabbed the blanket from off the floor and covered myself up with it. I didn’t realize it but I snoozed off once I was covered.

I woke up a few hours later, still sleeping on the couch, the TV still on. It was on the news channel, they were doing a report on the hospital incident. “This is the hospital where long time nurse Park Su-Min was killed at.” They showed the hospital. “She was involved in a violent crime against BIGBANG member Kang Daesung. If you remember earlier in the year, Stalker Michael Kim was shot and killed by police. He was the suspect who was wanted in the beating of Daesung a couple years earlier” I rubbed my eyes and turned off the TV. I slowly got off the bed and turned to face the kitchen. The others were sitting at the table eating dinner. I frowned and walked over.

“How come you guys didn’t wake me up?” I asked looking at them. They turned their heads to look at me.

“Sorry Daesung… We thought you needed sleep. So we just let you sleep” Youngbae said looking at me.

“Plus you need sleep. You looked terrible the past few days.” Seunghyun spoke up. I looked at him.

“But I also need to eat.” I frowned. I placed my hands on my stomach and looked at them. “My stomach is growling. I must eat now.” I muttered and pouted.

Seungri looked at me and then at Jiyong. “Then eat ye must” They said unison and it was silent for a few seconds before everyone started to erupt in laughter. I sat down next to Seunghyun who placed his arms around my shoulder and sang.

We all kept laughing. We seemed so happy, but yet… I felt like something was missing… something will happen? I dazed off and my mind went blank. I was just in my own world. Trying to figure out what this painful emptiness in my chest is… What is it?

A few moments later I snapped out of my trance and shook my head. I looked at everyone they were smiling and talking.

Maybe I’m just really exhausted still. I rubbed my head and stood up. Seunghyun looked at me. “Are you okay?” He whispered.

I nodded. “Neh… I’m just a little tired. I think I’m going to go rest.” I turned for the bedroom.

“But you just got up a few minutes ago?” Seungri said looking over at me. I stopped what I was doing and turned around.

I smiled. “You’re right I did didn’t I.” I laughed a little and sat back down in my chair next to Seunghyun. “After I eat I shall go sleep again.” I laughed once more. They all smiled and continued with their food.

I slowly picked up my utensil and started to eat. Looking around me… Just looking… Trying to figure out. Nothing I can find, maybe the Future isn’t going to be bad at all. Maybe I am just worried because of the last few years. Maybe I am just really nervous and excited at the same time for my wedding coming up.

The Future doesn’t seem so bad?