Impact

Still Alive

Our wedding was in 2 weeks from that night. I was getting excited, I was nervous, I felt sick… Maybe it was the butterflies talking to me. I couldn’t stop smiling. I happy… My life was on track. I didn’t have any more thoughts about… hurting myself. Why should I? My life was perfect. Seunghyun was in it. That’s all I needed. It was just perfect. Nothing I… felt… could change that feeling in me.

It was a couple of days before our wedding. I woke up, laying on my side, facing Seunghyun. He was still sleeping. He smiling, he looked so cute. I wonder what he was thinking about. Our wedding? Was he happy? Was he excited? Nervous, sick…

I placed my hand on his cheek and smiled bigger. I moved closer to him and kissed his smiling lips. He opened his eyes and pulled away laughing a bit. “What are you doing?” He asked.

“Being too excited.” I couldn’t contain all the happiness in me.

“Oh really? The boy can’t wait to be married to me can he?” Seunghyun laughed.

I laughed too and buried my face in his chest. He instantly wrapped his arms around me and held me close to him.

“I’m excited too” He whispered and then kissed the top of my head. “It’s going to be wonderful to be married to you.”

“I can’t wait.” I responded with a whisper.

---

“So this is the only shade of blue that you have?” Youngbae asked as he looked at the fabric a guy laid out.

“Yes sir.”The guy responded. “We have many other shades of blue. The pictures are in my book. We can order it but won’t come in for a few weeks.”

Youngbae crossed his arms and took a deep breath. He shook his head. “No… The wedding is June 1st… Uhhh… We’ll just go with that blue then.” Youngbae said uncrossing his arms. “How about Pink? Can I see the pink too?”

The guy nodded and went to his car to grab the pink fabrics. Youngbae stood there waiting for the guy. Jiyong and Seungri walks in with Minzy holding some boxes. “Hey hyung.” Seungri said placing the box down on the table. Jiyong and Minzy placed theirs on top of the table too.

“Oh, you’re back.” Youngbae said turning to them. “Did you get the stuff?” He asked.

Jiyong nodded. “Neh.” He turned and opened one of the boxes. “We got the silverware and napkins in this box.” Jiyong said pulling out a fork. He then walked over to the next box and opened it. “In this box is the glasses and plates for the wedding party.” Jiyong pulled out a cup.

“Oh that’s cute. It has an angel on it.” Youngbae said taking the glass from Jiyong and looking at it.

“Oh yeah, that one is Daesung’s.” Jiyong said taking the glass back and placing it carefully back into the box.

“We’re still looking for the other stuff for the guests.” Seungri moving on to the third box. “But we did find table decorations that we found cute.” He pulled out glasses with pink and blue candles in them. “Minzy thought it was cute and that we should use these.”

Minzy looked at Youngbae. “We can also find some white roses or something and put them in vases around the candles on each table.”

Youngbae nods. “Okay go and do that.”

“What are you doing right now?” Jiyong asked.

“Well, I’m picking out the fabric for the table cloths. They don’t have the blue on hand that Daesung likes. If we ordered the right shade, it won’t be here for a couple of weeks.” Youngbae explained.

“yeah…” Seungri shook his head. “The wedding is in 2 days.”

“That’s what I said.” Youngbae said turning around and picking up the blue fabric. “So we’re going to use this blue.” He shows them the fabric.

“It’s a pretty blue.” Minzy says touching it.

“Yeah it is… but It’s not the shade that Dae wants.” Youngbae said placing the fabric on the table.

“I don’t think he would really care Hyung.” Seungri said softly.

Youngbae looked at Seungri and shrugged. “Let’s hope they have the right pink.” He looks at Jiyong. “Have you called the caterer yet? How about the baker for the cake?”

“Ahhh no… Bom and Dara were going to take care of that… And Chaerin said she was going to take care of the decorations. She said she already called people to come here tomorrow to start the decorating.” Jiyong explained as he taped up the boxes.

“Okay. Monica and I will be checking out the place again today for the ceremony. Going to see if they already started the decorating.” Youngbae said leaning against the table.

“Aren’t they having it at the beach?” Minzy asked.

Youngbae shook his head. “Aniyo… It’s supposed to rain that day. So we’re changing it to be inside. The people we hired are supposedly really good at what they do.” Youngbae sighed.

“Okay here is the pink colors that we have” The guy said walking in with a couple of pink fabrics.

Youngbae looks at him and then at the other three. “Take these boxes and put them over there and then go back to the dorm and finish wrapping the gifts in my room. I think we have everything else taken care of.” Youngbae brought his left hand up to his face and bit on one of the nails. He stopped and looked at the three again. “How about the house that they bought? Is everything already ordered and set for delivery?” Youngbae asked.

“Neh.” Seungri said. “Um Top Hyun actually called them. It’s his gift to Daesung.”

Youngbae looks at the floor and then up at Jiyong. “Okay… Just go finish the presents then.”

Jiyong nods and walks out with Minzy and Seungri. Youngbae turns back around to face the guy. He shows Youngae a pink that was called ‘Rose Quartz’. “This one is one of our popular colors of Pink.

Youngbae throws his arms in the air and smiles. “It’s perfect!”

---

Seunghyun and I finally got out of bed. He went to the kitchen to make some food, while I headed to the bathroom to shower. I turned the water on and let it hit my face. I closed my eyes and felt the water pour onto my face. I was dreaming about my future with Seunghyun. I dreamed about adopting kids and starting a family… I wanted my dreams to come true.

I opened my eyes when I heard the bathroom door open. I moved my face from the water. “Hello?” I called out. There was no answer. “Hello?” I called out again. I slowly moved my hand towards the shower curtain to move it. Suddenly it rips open and Seunghyun pops out at me.

“BOO!” He yells.

“Oh my god!” I yelled and threw the bar of soap at him. “Don’t freaking do that!” I yelled at him.

He laughed and bent down to pick up the bar of soap. He placed it in the sink, still laughing. “I’m sorry bae… I just had too.” Seunghyun smiled.

I pointed towards the door. “Get out.” I muttered.

“Awe come on Dae…” Seunghyun laughed again.

“Hyung… it’s not funny… I was really scared.” I said softly.

Seunghyun shook his head and walked towards me. “I’m sorry?”

“You’re walking the wrong way… The exit is that way.” I pointed again.

He took off his shower and placed a hand on my cheek. “What if I wanna join you?” He smiled as he kissed my lips.

As appetizing as that sounds… I just wanted to teach him a lesson on never doing that again. I pulled back from the kiss. “Mm.. No… Hyung.” I shook my head. “Besides…” I sniffed the air. “I smell something burning.”

“Oh !” Seunghyun yelled and ran out of the bathroom. I laughed and closed the shower curtain.

I continued my shower for a few more minutes before turning off the shower and grabbing my towel that was on the rack. I wrapped it around my waist and then got out of the tub. I slowly walked out of the bathroom so I wouldn’t slip on the water on the floor. I looked towards the kitchen and didn’t see Seunghyun. So I went to the bedroom but stopped at the door.

“Wait a second…” I muttered. “Seunghyun you’re not in there to scare me again are you?” I said poking my head in the room. I didn’t hear a response so I walked in the room and closed the door behind me.

Seunghyun jumped out from the closet and yelled again. “BOO!”

“OH MY FREAKING GOD!” I yelled turning around. “What don’t you understand when I said NOT to do that!”

Seunghyun laughed again. “I’m sorry! It’s just too… funny.” Seunghyun smiled and kissed the top of my head.

“That’s it… You’re sleeping on the couch tonight and tomorrow night.” I muttered.

“Whatever.” Seunghyun laughed opening the bedroom door and walking out. He closed the door behind him.

I turned back around and smiled. “Stupid.” I said softly before finding clothes to change into. Once I was finished I walked out of the bedroom and to the kitchen. Seunghyun was actually there this time. I stood by the counter in the kitchen and crossed my arms.

He turned his head to look at me as he stirred something. “Yes?”

“Nothing.” I eyed him. “Just watching you… making sure you don’t try to scare me again.”

Seunghyun laughed. “Daesung… I’m not going to scare you anymore… I promise…”

I uncrossed my arms and smiled. “Really?” I said softly.

“For now.” Seunghyun said under his breath and I hit his arm. He started laughing.

“You’re such a jerk” I walked out of the kitchen and sat on the couch. He watched me walk away and shook his head, going back to cooking.

A little bit later Seunghyun finished the cooking and put the food onto two plates and brought it over to the couch. He looked at me. I looked up at him and he smiled. “I’m sorry.”

I just stared at him before my angry face turned into a face that couldn’t contain a smile anymore. I laughed. “I forgive you…” I said softly.

“Really?” He said handing me my plate.

“For now.” I said under my breath.

Seunghyun opened his mouth but closed it and sat down. “I deserved that one.” He laughed.

“You sure did.” I smiled.

We sat there eating and watching TV. Seunghyun got pissed off at the show we were watching and threw the pillow at the TV. I laughed as I ate my food, just watching him get so into the show. When I finished I placed my plate on top of his on the coffee table. I shifted my position and laid my head down on his lap. I let out yawn before staring at the TV.

Seunghyun played with my hair which made me close my eyes. Before you know it I was passed out. Seunghyun, however was still awake. He was awake when the others walked through the door. He turned his head to look over.

“Oh hey guys.” Seunghyun said to them before looking back at the TV.

“Hey, where’s Dae?” Jiyong asked walking past.

“Sleeping on my lap.” He responded not looking over.

“Okay… Don’t mind us.” Jiyong said heading to Seunghyun’s room.

“Where did you guys go?” Seunghyun asked turning off the TV.

“Just out?” Jiyong answered going into Youngbae’s room. Seungri and Minzy both followed him.

“Hey… Are you supposed to be in there?” Seunghyun then asked, slowly moving my head from his lap and gently laying it down on the couch. I moved and laid on my side.

“Maybe.” Seungri muttered closing the door. Seunghyun walked over and opened Youngbae’s door, but Seungri quickly pushed him out and closed it. “You can’t come in!” He then yelled locking the door.

“Why not?” Seunghyun asked confused.

“Can’t tell you.” Jiyong then said.

“Minzy… why can’t I come in?” Seunghyun sighed.

“Sorry oppa.” Minzy said softly, sitting on the bed.

“Guys if it has something to do with the wedding, I know everything about it.” Seunghyun tried turning the knob.

“Then what are we doing?” Jiyong asked.

Seunghun muttered, “I dunno.”

“See… You don’t know everything.” Seungri responded.

“Bunch of jerks.” muttered Seunghyun. He turned and walked back to the couch. He grabbed the blanket from the other chair and covered me up with it. He then looked at his phone. “Hey guys, I have to go meet up with somebody, can you do me a favor and keep an eye on Daesung?”

“Yes!” Seungri yelled from the room.

“Thanks…” Seunghyun went back to his room and grabbed his jacket. He then left the dorm.

“What did he say?” Jiyong asked.

“I dunno.” Seungri muttered, tapeing stuff.

I woke up a few hours later and looked around. I remembered I was in the living room. I got off the couch and stood up. “Hyung?” I called out walking to the bedroom. “Are you here? Please don’t scare me again…” I said softly. I walked into the room and over to the nightstand. I pick up my phone and see that I have a missed call from Seunghyun. I called him back.

Dialing, Seunghyun-MyLove.

“Hey babe.” Seunghyun answered.

“Where are you?” I asked.

“I had to meet up with some people, I won’t be back until late tonight. Aren’t the others there?” He asked.

“No? I’m here alone… I just woke up.” I yawned.

“What the hell…” Seunghun muttered. “I asked them to stay there and keep an eye on you.”

“It’s fine hyung… I can take care of myself for the time being.” I said softly. “Besides… I need to go out and get a few things for Wednesday.” I sat down on the bed, balancing the phone between my shoulder and ear as I put on socks.

“What are you doing?” Seunghyun asked.

“What are you doing?” I asked him.

“It has something to do with the wedding Dae.” He responded.

“Same here.” I said standing up.

Seunghyun sighed. “You don’t trust me do you?”

“I didn’t say that Hyung.” I said softly.

“No, but your tone does… Look… I’m not with a girl… I just can’t tell you what I’m doing, it’s a surprise.” He sighed.

“Okay… I believe you Seunghyun.” I grabbed my car keys from the dresser and headed to the door. I bent down and put on my shoes.

“I have to go Dae… I love you.” He said softly.

“Love you too.” I responded before hanging up. I opened the door and walked out. It was about 930 at night. I drove for a while before making it to my destination. I slowly got out of the car and walked up the steps. I took a deep breath before knocking on the door.

A few moments later someone answers. I looked at the older woman and she looks back at me. Her postures changes to standing a little more straight. “Daesung.” She mutters.

“Mother.” I said softly. “May I come in?” I asked.

She just stood there. “What do you want..” She looked uninterested in anything I had to say.

“Why are you being so cruel to me?” I asked. “I’ve done nothing wrong here.”

“No of course not.” She quickly responded.

“Then why are you treating me this way. I am your son.” I then said looking at her.

“were” She softly said.

“What?” I looked confused.

“I said were… you were our son.” She muttered. She goes to close the door, but I put my foot in the way. She looked down and then up at me. “What do you want?”

“I want you to accept me mother…” I looked her in the eyes. “Why can’t you just be happy for me…”

“We were at first Daesung.” She looked away from me.

“What has changed?” I asked. “Nothing has changed.”

“We don’t like you being with that man… or any man for that matter… You are a boy Daesung… meant to like girls… not other boys…” She looked at me again.

“Why do you care who I like.” I shook my head.

“Please leave.” She muttered.

“Mother… don’t be like this.” I said softly. “Please… I love you… You’re still my mom.” My foot was still in the doorway, preventing her from closing the door.

“Leave.” She said softly.

“So there is nothing that I can do?” I asked.

“Leave him… find a girlfriend?” She didn’t look at me.

“I can’t do that mother.” I sighed.

“Then go.” She said again.

I just looked at her and slowly moved my foot from the door. She quickly closed the door and locked it. I looked at the floor before knocking on the door. “Eomma… Please… I’m sorry! Why can’t you just accept who I have become.. I never hated you or dad… I have always been there for you… Why can’t you be there for me…” I said softly. I looked at the door before slowly turning away. I walked back to my car and got inside. I stared at the steering wheel before turning the car on.

I took one last look at the house before driving away. My mother looks out the window as I drove away. I looked at the time and it was nearly 11 PM. I sighed and pulled up at a little store that was still opened. I got out of the car and walked inside. The guy was cashing someone out at the register and didn’t look up. I walked to where the flowers were and picked out a red rose. I walked down the liquor aisle to get to the register, but stopped to look at all the bottles.

The thing with my mom a little bit ago, got stuff running through my head. What was more important… My happiness or their happiness. My own family with Seunghyun or my family with my parents. I bent down and picked up a bottle and looked at it. I looked at the guy who finished checking out the customer. He waved to him before cleaning the counter. I placed the rose down on the shelf and pulled out my phone and texted Seunghyun.

To: Seunghyun, MyLove.

    I love you.
    +May 30th 1130PM

I waited for a few minutes, looking at the other bottles. I went to pick up another bottle but my phone beeped. I pulled out my phone and it was a message from Seunghyun.

From: Seunghyun, MyLove.

    I love you too Bae…
    Is everything okay?
    +May 30th 1136PM

I bit my lips and texted him back.

To: Seunghyun, MyLove.

    Neh… I just miss you.
    Are you at home?
    +May 30th 1137PM

I looked at the bottle and carried it around with me, forgetting about the rose on the shelf. I looked around just to look around. I didn’t need anything specific. I came here for a flower and I was tempted to leave with a bottle.

Drinking never solves any problems though… My phone beeped and I quickly pulled it back out. A few people walked into the store and were laughing loud.

From: Seunghyun, MyLove.

    Yeah, I’ve been home for an hour already.
    Sorry I didn’t tell you sooner…
    Where are you?
    +May 30th 1149PM

I just looked at the text. I went to put it back in my pocket without answering him but it beeped again and it was another message from him.

From: Seunghyun, MyLove.

    Are you sure you’re okay?
    Did something happen?
    Please tell me.
    +May 30th 1150PM

I shook my head and quickly typed back. Before I could send it he sent, yet again another message.

From: Seunghyun, MyLove.

    I know something is wrong Daesung..
    I can just tell… I sense it.
    My TOP-hyung senses are tingling.
    But look… Whatever is wrong,
    don’t think about doing anything that
    you’ll regret. Just think about our
    wedding… It’s so soon.(:
    I love you baby, come home soon.
    +May 30th 1153PM

I took a deep breath as I deleted what I had type. I typed a different message. I stared at it for a few minutes before finally sending it.

To: Seunghyun, MyLove.

    Okay… I love you too. I’ll be home
    soon.
    +May 30th 1157PM

I stood there for a moment, several things went through my mind before I headed back to my car. I got inside and gently laid the rose down on the seat next to me. I pulled out of the little store and started driving home. The time I left the store it was just passed midnight.

It was about an and a half drive back home, since my parents lived so far away. It was a waste of a trip but… I at least attempted to repair the broken relationship… But… I guess that wasn’t happening. I didn’t even notice that thinking about this, I was actually pressing my foot on the gas peddle more. I was way above the speed limit more than halfway home. When I got off the interstate and turned down a street I was following behind a taxi. I still above the speed limit.

I wasn’t paying attention to what I was doing, my eyes were just on the road and then suddenly the taxi swerved out of the way and then back into the lane. I never had a chance to see why the taxi swerved. I felt the car run over something.

“What the hell?” I quickly said. I looked in the rearview and then in front of me again. The taxi was stopped and I wasn’t. I quickly slammed on my breaks which made a screeching noise, I turned my wheel to miss the taxi but the front of my car slammed into the back corner of the taxi. I jolted when the car made impact and the airbags deployed. I looked up and rubbed my head and then leaned back in my seat.