Do You Believe In Second Chances?

Still Alive

[Daesung’s POV]


 

Seunghyun and I decided to head to the movies after Youngbae’s birthday dinner. It was the same theater that… That I was attacked in… Mind you they had redone the males bathroom where it happened at… But something inside me felt weird when I thought about it.


 

I haven’t been here since then. At least that I can remember. I was a little hesitant to going in, but Seunghyun reassured me that nothing was wrong… and that he’s here… no one can get to me.


 

Seunghyun bought the tickets and we slowly walked inside the theater. We found seats in the way back. Not many people were here, A few teenagers, a couple of old couples… and then Seunghyun and I. I stared at the movie’s screen, not noticing Seunghyun saying that he’ll be right back. When I snapped out of my trance I looked to my side and didn’t see him anymore.


 

“Seunghyun?” I quickly said. I stood up and walked down the little steps. “Seunghyun?” I said again. I left the theater and walked down the hallway. “Where are you?” I didn’t see that he was at the concession stand. I walked to the bathroom and went inside. As soon as I went inside Seunghyun walked past the bathroom and back to our theater.


 

I looked in the bathroom and didn’t see him. I felt fear inside of me as I looked around at the bathroom. It didn’t look the same… but it just… Just standing in the same spot… It made my insides twist into a knot. I breathing quickened and I turned around to leave, but I bumped into somebody.


 

“Sorry about the wait Daesung… The line wasn’t long it was just that some kids were hassling the attendant.” Seunghyun said laughing as he sat down. He looked to where I should be sitting but I wasn’t there. “Daesung?” He looked around. “Where the hell did you go?” He muttered. He stood up and walked out, leaving the snacks in the seats. He walked down the hallway and past the concession stands. “Daesung???” He looked in the arcade, he looked outside, he checked other theaters. Seunghyun bit his lips as he stood there. He placed his hands on his hips. “Where could he have gone.” Seunghyun thought to himself.


 

I looked the guy in the eyes. I felt the knot in my stomach get tighter and tighter before I couldn’t keep my eyes open any longer. I fainted from fear. The guy looked at me and bent down.


 

Seunghyun walked in and saw the guy bending over me. “What the hell are you doing!” Seunghyun yelled walking over.


 

The guy stood up and looked at Seunghyun. “Nothing…I just walked in, he saw me and fainted.” He muttered and turned to leave.


 

Seunghyun watched him leave and then quickly bent down and touched my cheek. “Daesung wake up.” He said softly. “Wake up babe.” He gently tapped my cheeks. He stood up and the faucet of the water, he got his hands wet and walked back over to me and flicked the water at my face.


 

I scrunched my nose up and then finally opened my eyes. I looked around and once my vision cleared I saw Seunghyun. “Seunghyun!” I quickly sat up and hugged him. “Where did you go!” I started crying.


 

“I told you… where I was going…” Seunghyun said confused. “I went to the concession stand to get snacks.” Seunghyun said softly as he patted my back.


 

“You said you would always be here. I turned around and you were gone.” I quickly said.


 

Seunghyun sighed and pulled away from the hug and looked me in the eyes. “Daesung… I told you where I was going… Why didn’t you come there.”


 

“I didn’t hear you.” I said softly.


 

Shaking his head, he helped me stand back up. “It’s fine… Let’s just get back to the movie okay? I’m sure it’s already started.” I nodded my head and held onto his arm. I looked around as we left the bathroom and went back to the theater.


 

We left right after the movie was over. It was really late and I was falling asleep in the car as Seunghyun drove. He looked at me once in a while to make sure I was okay. I mean… I was… I just afraid… Afraid of the past coming back to haunt me… My fears coming to life again… How could I stop the nightmares from happening… It seems impossible.


 

----------

“My lord…” A maid says softly after knocking on the door and then opens the door.


 

“Yes how may I help you?” The Prince says turning away from the window to look at the old servant.


 

“There is someone here to see you.” She said softly.


 

The prince looked confused. “Who is it? Did they say who they were Mae?”


 

“No my lord.” The old woman said softly. “She is out by the front… Would you like for me to bring her here?”


 

“Her?” The prince had a surprised look on his face. “No… That won’t be necessary… I will be down in a moment.” The older lady nodded and left the room. The prince turned around to face the window again to think for a moment. “Has she come back?” He said underneath his breath.


 

“The prince will be down in a moment.” Mae said smiling at Mina.


 

Mina turns around and smiles. She nods her head. “Thank you.” Mina said softly.


 

“Would you like some tea?” Mae asks.


 

Mina shakes her head. “Thank you for the kind gesture… But no thank you. I just want to speak with the prince.”


 

Mae nods and walks into the kitchen. Mina turns back around to look at the paintings on the wall. “My Lady.” The Prince says softly as he walked down the stairs.


 

Mina quickly turns around to face the prince. “I am sorry… So sorry for my actions… I guess I do not know what I had in front of me was so special.”


 

The prince looks at the ground, he takes a deep breath. “You came… Is this all you were to do was apologize for your feelings.” He slowly looks up at her. “There is no need to apologize for what you feel. I understand your pain… I was once scared too.”


 

Mina takes a step towards the prince. “I came here to not only apologize for what I have done… but I wish to speak of something else.” She says softly. “May I… My Lord.”


 

“What shall it be Mina.” The prince responds.


 

“Do you believe in second chances?” Mina asks.


 

“I believe that once you lose the feeling the first time… There is nothing left to give.” The prince says softly. “I am sorry.”


 

Mina stands there for a moment. “No… It is I who is sorry… I shouldn’t have come. Excuse me.” She turned to walk away.


 

“I believe that everything happens for a reason… You can’t change what has already happened, but you change how you’ll deal with it again. When things happen and they are bad… Never give up on yourself because there are people there who’ll hold you.” The Prince explain. Mina stopped walking and turned back around to face the prince.


 

-----------------


 

“Daesung?” Seunghyun said softly tapping my shoulder.


 

“Mm?” I said opening my eyes. They were blurry so I rubbed them until my vision went clear.


 

“We’re home.” I slowly sat up and looked out the window. I slowly opened the door to get out. Seunghyun quickly got out of the car and went over to my side. He wrapped his arm around my waist and helped me up the steps.


 

“Was I sleeping the whole time?” I asked yawning.


 

Seunghyun laughed. “Dae… I honestly thought you were awake.” He laughs. “I was talking to you the whole ride home.”


 

I smiled and let out a soft laugh. I felt happy. I really did. In his arms I knew nothing would hurt me. Nothing would happen to me that would change me… Because he would be there always. I thought that in the beginning… Our love was impossible… at first I felt unsafe with him… I was hurt… but now… It’s different. I can feel it. Nothing… I mean nothing can bring down…



 

May 31st 2011…


Oh my God… what have I done.