Goose Chase

Still Alive

[Daesung’s POV]

I was searching through some paper work in mine and Seunghyun’s room. I looked at the clock and then rubbed my eyes. It was so late.

“You should go to bed Dae.” Seunghyun said softly as he walked in with some coffee.

I looked over at him and smiled. “I will in just a few minutes. I want to finish this up.” Seunghyun handed the cup to me and I gladly took it.

He sat down on the bed as I took a sip. “What… are you working on?” He asked me.

I placed the cup down and went back to looking through the papers. “Just some papers for our marriage license. It’s a lot to look through. It’s confusing also” I sighed and placed the papers back down.

Seunghyun stood back up and walked over to me. He started to rub my shoulders. “Let’s just go to bed. You can look through that stuff in the morning.”

“Ani Hyung… I want to get it done now.” I looked at him. He stopped rubbing my shoulders and sighed.

“Fine okay.” He backed off and walked into the living room. I went back to the paper work and filling it all out.

A few hours later it was 2 am and I somehow fell asleep with my head on the desk. Seunghyun came into the room and saw me. He shook his head.

“I told you to go to bed.” He sighed and went over to me. He gently picked me up and I moved a little. He laid me down on the bed and I rolled onto my side. He placed his hand onm my cheek and it. “Goodnight my baby”

Seunghyun walked out of the room and I opened my eyes for a few seconds before closing them and going to sleep.

When I opened my eyes again I was in a waiting room. There were other people with me. They were sitting down. I walked over to someone but they paid no attention to me. Then I heard the double doors behind me open and people rush in.

“We’re losing him doctor!” A woman said as they ran past. I turned my body as I watched them leave and then 4 other people running past me.

“Seunghyun?” I said to myself confused. I started walking after them but I felt a sharp pain in my head and I stopped walking. Then I heard voices around me.

“Murderer….”

“You’re a killer.”

“That poor guy… You killed him”

Killed who? Who are you talking about? What have I done? I didn’t kill anyone.

“How could you do such a thing?”

“How can the family forgive you so easily”

“You disgust me”

I’m sorry for what I have done? Please tell me what happened?

I turned around and I saw a guy all bloodied and looked wrangled up. He started walking towards me and then he just dropped to the ground. I quickly ran over to him but before I can reach him I heard yelling behind me. I turned around and nothing was there. I turned back to the guy on the ground but he wasn’t there anymore. Neither were the other people.

“What happened?”

“Murderer”

My eyes quickly opened up and I looked around the room without moving my head.

I slowly sat up and rubbed my forehead. I breathed in deeply and then slowly breathed out. “That was… some dream… But… It felt so real.” I said softly to myself. I swung my legs to the edge of the bed and slowly stood up. I walked to the door and then opened it. It was really quiet.

“Hello?” I scratched my head and continued down the hallway. There was a note on the table. I picked it up.

‘I love you and you love me. That’s why you should meet me at the café in Seoul city at 3’

I shook my head. “What the hell is this?” I laughed and then saw the rose on the table. “Hm?” I smiled as I picked up the rose and smelt it. I placed the rose down and walked to the bathroom and got ready.

I left the apartment and headed to the café. When I got there I looked around and didn’t see Seunghyun or any of the guys. I frowned and walked up to a waitress.

“Excuse me.” I tapped her on the shoulder. She turned around and smiled.

“You must be looking for this.” Without saying anything more she handed me a note and a rose and then walked away. I watched her leave and then opened the note.

‘at 330 the bells will ring, Oh hallelujah I can see. You are holding my hand tightly as I pulled you up. From the rocky rivers below the bridge, to the tree’s hovering over. Hanging on a branch is a string and at the end of the strand is the beginning of your ride.’

“None of this is making sense.” I sighed and stuffed the note in my pocket and held onto the rose. I walked out of the restaurant and down the sidewalk. “Now what did he mean by holding my hand and rocky rivers below the bridge.” I started to day dream and then sighed. “This is so confusing.” I frowned. “Wait…” I turned in another direction and started to quickly walk that way. I approached a bridge and looked around.

It was the bridge where I tried to jump off from. I saw the trees covering over the bridge but no string. I saw a little girl with a balloon standing next to her mother. No string hanging from a branch though.

I walked around on the bridge and when the girl moved I saw the string. Attached to the end of it was another note and a rose. I walked over and ripped off the note.

“Okay what crazy thing would this note say?” I sighed to myself and opened the note.

        ‘Okay okay this is where the adventure will start. I love you with all my heart, today is a special day and I will make you mine. Enough of this wild goose chase… Just go back to where you started from. You’ll see how much I love you and you love me… So I just wanted to tell you…’

“Whattttt??? That’s it? God dammit!” I yelled and grabbed the rose from the string started storming off. “This is pissing me off.” I muttered as I headed back to the dorm. I shook my head as I placed my hand on the door handle and walked in. Everything was the same. The first rose was on the table and I tossed the other 2 roses on it. I walked to the bedroom and went inside.

“Where the hell is he…” I muttered as I grabbed my phone and started to dial Seunghyun’s number. That’s when I saw another rose and a note. I picked up the rose and held onto it. I opened the note and read the short and quick message.

        ‘…Happy Birthday baby…’

My angry face went away and I kept re-reading the short sentence. Someone walked up behind me, I quickly turned around and looked him in the eyes. He was holding a bouquet of roses.

“Happy Birthday Daesung.” He smiled as he walked over to me.

“Oh Hyung.” I smiled and walked to me. He handed me the roses and I smelt them. “What can I say…” I said softly.

“Nothing just enjoy your day.” Seunghyun smiled and placed a hand on my cheek.

I smacked him with the roses. “Don’t you dare send me on another quest like that again!” I pouted. Seunghyun rubbed his head and started to laugh.

I couldn’t stay mad and laughed also.

“You’re lucky I love you” I smiled.