Hospital Nightmare.

Still Alive

[Daesung’s POV]

I woke up and I was in a different room. I moved a little bit and even that was enough to send pain all throughout my body. I closed my eyes tight and bared the pain as I quickly sat up, something felt like it was ripping from my body.

I quickly got off the bed and the noises of the machines in the room were going off like crazy, few seconds later I could see shadows of people outside of the room walking towards the door. I looked around and saw another exit door and took that opportunity to get out. I ran down the hallway it was dark, barely lit. The lights were flickering on the ceiling and some doors hung off their hinges. I slowed down to a walk as I heard people around the corner. I quickly ducked behind a crate and waited for them to pass. Once gone I stood back up and started walking again.

“Where am I?” I said aloud to myself. I stopped walking once I reached the end of the hallway with a split direction.
“Should I go that way?” I looked to the right and started walking that way, but I heard more people and quickly darted off going the other way. There was people that way too. I stopped running and looked around for an exit. There was a door and I quickly went inside. I closed the door behind me and locked it.

I sighed with relief and turned around.

“What is this place?” I asked myself as I walked deeper into the small room. There was bloody equipment all over the place, bloody clothes, jewelry, shoes… Arms and legs in a trash can. There was a body on a small operating table a few feet away.

I thought I was going to throw up. I needed to get out of here, I turned around but was greeted by somebody.

“Hello… Daesung” My body tensed up as I saw her standing in front of me. The shadow covered her face, so all I could see was from the neck down.

“H…How do you know my name?” I asked her.

“Don’t you recognize my voice?” She asked.

“Ani” I shook my head and looked around for another way out besides that one door. How did she even get in here? I didn’t hear the door open.

“Such a shame. I knew you for a few years now.” She said as she turned and walked towards the window. “I took such good care of you” She added. The moonlight shown on her face, but not enough to where I could see it clearly.

“What do you mean you took care of me?” I asked.

“Did Youngbae tell you about Michael’s protégé?” She diverted my question.

I looked at her confused. “Michael’s what? Protégé?” I shook my head. “He didn’t tell me anything about it.” I said softly. “Please tell me who you are.”

“Michael’s protégé… You know how you’ve been seeing a lot of Michael lately… and no one is believing you” She said as she turned away from the window and walked across the other side of the room slowly. Over to a table filled with lab equipment; scaples, scissors, knives, etc.

I backed away from her. “How do you know that?”

“I told you. I’ve been taking care of you for a while now. Well… Not lately at least.” She laughed softly.

I was getting real confused with her. “Ugh, what do you mean by that? Can’t you tell me your name?? At least how do I know you?”

She shook her head and ran her finger along the knife on the table. “Michael’s has a protégé… Someone to… complete his work… An admirer. I guess you can call it a bit stalkerish… But I fell in love once I’ve encountered him for the first time. It was when I was little bit younger. Working at a restaurant. I witnessed him murdering one of my co-workers.” She started to explain as she picked up the knife. “Are you starting to understand who I am?” She smiled.

I looked at the ground, collecting everything she was saying, but nothing was coming to mind. It sounded familiar of who she was but… I just can’t think of the name.

“Are you saying you’re Michael’s protégé?” I asked.

She nodded. “I’ve come to finish what he couldn’t complete.”

“What… was that?” I looked at her frightened.

Am I in a dream?

I heard loud beeping noises all around me. It was loud, it sounded as if a machine was doing a warning call. Then I heard faint noises.

“To separate you and Seunghyun” She started walking over to me slowly. The knife still in her hand. “After I witnessed him murder my co-worker I fled from him… At first I was afraid of him… I thought I was going to die, but it was a thrill of the fear. I couldn’t let no body know about it. He found me.” She stopped walking. “He pointed his gun at me and said ‘If you tell anybody about what you saw I will find you and I WILL blow your brains out’ Funny isn’t it?” She laughed. “I told him that I wouldn’t, but I couldn’t help but tell him to help me.” She smiled again.

“What do you mean help you?” I backed up against the wall. The beeping noises were getting louder. I looked around. Where was it coming from?

“I wanted to be like him, I’ve always enjoyed horror movies and such… My favorite character was… always the bad guy.” She turned away from me and walked back to the window. “I had to act as if nothing had happened, so I got a different job… At a hospital.” She said as she looked out the window. It was pitch black outside. “He told me what you did to his sister. Drove her to insanity… Made her kill herself!” She yelled as she turned to face me. “I told him I would help him find you! And… And I did!! When you came in… because you caught phenomena… Or the time you got into the horrific car accident… or when Michael found you himself and beat the living out of you and brought you back to the hospital.” She walked towards me.

I looked around… all the information she was telling was trying to process into my head as fast as it could. Wait…

“I pretended to fall in love with a cop, after your boyfriend and the man I pretended to love killed Michael I was furious!” She yelled. “You killed the one man I loved!” Her face was starting to show in the light as she kept walking. “It was time that I finished his work now and I had to finish it for him! So I am causing you terror, I bumped into you at the diner, I caused the mayhem in the bathroom at the theater again, I took care of you while you were in the hospital! I married that cop and had a baby with him! I pretended to be one of your biggest fans! I pretended to befriend you all! I… Will… Finish his work.” She walked further and further to me. “Do you know who I am now?” She walked into the light and showed her face. “Hm?”

My eyes widen when I saw her. “I know who you are!?”

She clenched the knife in her hand and came after me, the beeping noises got louder and louder and louder. The voices and commotion wouldn’t stop.

“I will have my chance to kill you when they do surgery on you later!” She yelled as she swung at me with the knife and cut my side. I pushed her back and I back against the window. She stood up ran at me with the knife. I closed my eyes.

----

“What do you guys think you are doing here?” The doctor said as he and some nurses ran into the room.

Youngbae and Seunghyun turned to the doctor as the machines kept going off. There was blood coming from the corner of my mouth.

“We won’t let you do the surgery on him!” Youngbae yelled.

“You don’t have a say in this, His parent’s made up their minds. Now leave or we will have security walk you out” The doctor said walking over to me. Seunghyun blocked the doctor from getting near me.

“NO! You can’t have him! Please don’t let him die!” He yelled. The doctor saw the blood on me.

“Will you move out of my way?!” The doctor yelled. A few seconds later security ran into the room and grabbed Youngbae and Seunghyun and dragged them out. Park walked past the room and stopped when she saw us.

“Oh my god! What is happening?!” She yelled as she held her clip board.

“Park! Don’t let them do the surgery on Daesung! Please!” Seunghyun yelled. She looked at him.

“Seunghyun… Youngbae didn’t they tell you?” She looked at them.

“Tell us what?” Youngbae said looking at her, the security held them tightly.

“Daesung needs the surgery… or he will die.” She said looking at them.

“But there was the 50/50 percent chance of him dying from the surgery!” Seunghyun yelled.

Park nodded. “Neh, but at least with the surgery he’ll have a chance to at least try to survive and not die if he doesn’t get it.”

Seunghyun and Youngbae just stood there, the security started to drag them out again.

“Park! Wait! Park!” Seunghyun kept yelling.

Park turned around and hugged her clip board close to her. She smiled.