Still Alive

Still Alive

I sat on the bathroom floor for what could have been hours. The tears kept falling down my cheeks. After a while they stopped. They were now dried streaks on my cheeks. My eyes were glossed over as I stared aimlessly at the bathtub. I was in my own little world. Until I was brought out of it by the sound of pounding.

 

"Daesung? Come on. Get out of there!" Seunghyun yelled. "Are you still alive? Please tell me you're okay. Don't hurt yourself." Seunghyun quickly said.

 

I blinked a few times to get rid of the blurriness of my eyes. I closed my eyes for a second before re-opening them. "Please leave me alone." I said softly.

 

"Oh thank god you're okay." Seunghyun sighed with relief. "Please baby... Open the door." He whispered through the door.

 

I shook my head. "I said leave me alone!" I yelled. That made Seunghyun jump. Youngbae and Jiyong heard it from the kitchen and Seungri from the living room

 

"D...Daesung..." He said softly. He looked at the ground and then up. "Fine." He backed from the door. "I guess this means the wedding is off... Again." He muttered and walked to his room.

 

Youngbae and Jiyong both looked at each other and frowned. Youngbae sighed and then shook his head.

 

I finally got up to leave the bathroom after another hour. I went to go to the room that Seunghyun and I shared... But I knew he was in there so I retreated to the next place that I felt was comfort... The room Youngbae and I shared. I quickly went there and closed the door, locking it.

 

Jiyong walked in through the front with Youngbae and Seungri. They were talking until Seunghyun opened the bedroom door and walked out. Youngbae smiled a bit.

 

"Has he come out yet?" Youngbae asked.

 

"Oh yeah... He's come out of the bathroom..." Seunghyun responded.

 

Jiyong sighed. "Thank god. I thought he was goi..."

 

"But he locked himself in your room." Seunghyun said cutting off Jiyong and pointing to Youngbae.

 

Youngbae frowned and shook his head. He put his bags down and walked over to his room and tried to open the door. When he realized it was locked he knocked on the door. "Dae? You okay in there? Can you unlock the door?"

 

I ignored him and continued to sit on the door, leaning against the bed.

 

Seunghyun goes to door to bang on it but gives up and shakes his head. "I'm going out for a bit." He muttered and grabbed the keys off the counter and headed out the door.

 

"Hyung..." Seungri said following him. Jiyong watched Seungri leave after him and goes to the door and knocks on it too.

 

"Hey Daesunggggg" Jiyong said smiling "are you okay in there?" He waits for a response but after a few minutes he sighs. He looks at Youngbae. "I guess you could sleep in my room until this whole thing blows over."

 

Youngbae sighed. "I want to sleep in my room. I want Daesung to come out and talk to us." He said towards the door.

 

I sat against the bed still and the tears started falling down again. "Please... Leave... Me alone." I said to myself.

 

Jiyong slowly moved from the door. "Come on... He doesn't want to be bothered." He said softly and walked back to the living room. Youngbae frowned again and followed Jiyong.

 

--Seunghyun--

 

Seunghyun drove for a while before pulling up to someone's house. He got out after turning the car off. He walked up to the door and knocked on it.

 

A few moment later a woman opens the door. "Hello? Oh.... It's you. What do you want. For the last time we're not going to that wedding" she said crossing her arms.

 

"The wedding is called off." Seunghyun muttered looking at her.

 

She shook her head and laughed a bit. "Did you guys finally realize that it was wrong for you both to get married?"

 

"He got into an accident last night. Someone died from it... Daesung locked himself in the room and won't talk to anybody." Seunghyun explained.

 

My mom just stared at him. She cleared . "I'm sorry to hear that." She muttered.

 

"Can you come to the dorm and try to talk to him... Please." Seunghyun said softly.

 

She shook her head. "No... I'm sorry but there is nothing I could do." She uncrossed her arms. "Now please leave. I have food in the oven." She shuts the door in his face.

 

"He still loves you!" Seunghyun yelled. "Maybe if you come and talked to him he might come out!" He turned and walked back down the steps and back to his car.

 

My mom watches him through the window and then once Seunghyun drove off she turns and goes to the kitchen. My dad comes out and goes over to her.

 

"Is everything okay?" He asked helping her take the pan out of the oven.

 

"Um... Yeah. Everything is fine." She said softly. "Seunghyun came over."

 

He crossed his his arms "really? What did he want."

 

"Me... To come over and talk to Daesung." She said softly. "He got into an accident last night... And.... He locked himself in his room."

 

--Dorm--

 

Days went by after Seunghyun went to see my mom. He didn't even tell anyone what he did. On the news it was talking about the accident. They were launching an investigation to see what caused the accident... And to see if my impact killed the motorcyclist.

 

I sat in my same clothes since coming home. I would fall asleep on the floor and move around a few feet before sitting back down on the ground. Still staring aimlessly into the wall, many thoughts going through my mind.

 

I heard the murmurs of the tv in the living room and looked towards the door. I took a deep breath and then looked back at the wall. Then suddenly there was a knock at the front door. Some talking. Then walking. Another knock. This time on the door of the room I was in.


"Daesung?" The woman said. "Brother?"