Don't You Believe Me?

Still Alive

[Daesung’s POV]

I opened my eyes to find that I was in a familiar place. I’ve been here too many times to forget. The smell is all too familiar; the sounds of the machines are all too familiar. The food is too familiar. The voices around me, too familiar.

I turned my head to the side; I had an oxygen mask on. I looked at the beeping machine and my heart rate on it. I looked to the other side and I saw Seunghyun with his eyes closed holding my hand. Where were the others? I looked up at the ceiling and then at the window and then to the door where my gaze was met with Jiyong’s and the others.

They all smiled at me.

“Good morning sleepy head!” Jiyong said walking over to me with a Doremon plushie. Seunghyun woke up to the sounds of Jiyong and looked at me.

“Are you okay Daesung?” He asked me worriedly. I nodded my head.

“How are you feeling?” Seungri then asked. I just looked at him and weakly lifted up my arm and gave him thumbs up.

Seunghyun smiled. “I was worried back there” He said looking at me.

I just gave him a look that said ‘What happened’

“We were walking out of the room when I noticed you weren’t walking with my anymore, I turned around and saw you falling on the ground” Seunghyun explained.

“We couldn’t get you to wake up, so I had Seungri call 119” Taeyang said looking at me.

I returned the look back to both of them. I turned my gaze back to the window and then at the ceiling again. I lifted my hand and made a gesture as if I was holding a pen and writing.

“Oh! Oh! He wants pen and paper!” Seungri yelled with excitement.

Jiyong smacked the back at Seungri’s head. “We can see that Pabo!” Jiyong yelled.

I couldn’t help but make a weak laugh at that. They all turned to me.

“At least he’s laughing again!” Seungri smiled.

Again, Jiyong smacked the back of his head.

Taeyang handed me a notepad and a pen.
Seunghyun helped me sit up and sat back down in the chair next to me bed.

I started to write,
I saw him again Hyung

Seunghyun looked at my message confused.
“What do you mean… By who?” He asked.

Michael… He’s the one that choked me back at the dorm’ I wrote back in response.

Seunghyun shook his head.
“It couldn’t be him Dae… Michael has been dead for months now” He said looking at me.

Why don’t you believe me?’ I asked him.

“Because he’s dead! Maybe you just…” Seunghyun stood there trying to think of something to say.

“You’re probably just exhausted from all the practices we’ve been having from the comeback stage.” Taeyang explained. I just looked at him.

Maybe ‘HE’ was right. I turned my gaze to the window again and stared at it. I looked back at the notepad in my hand and picked up the pen again.

'I think I am just going crazy then.'

The members just stood there and stared at me.

"Why would you say that Daesung?" Jiyong asked.

I looked at him and threw down my notepad and pen on the floor and took off my oxygen mask.
"Because you guys... Don't believe me! You... All... think that I am... Imagining things....! I am not!" I yelled or tried too. I was out of breath for most of the sentence and I could barely speak.

Seunghyun looked at me.
"Don't talk! Put that thing back on!" He said referring to my oxygen mask.

"NO!" I yelled and swung my legs to the side of the bed and tried to get off.

"Stay in bed!" Seunghyun yelled making me lay back down.

I squirmed to get out of his grasp but he was just too strong.
I slowly stopped because I started to cough.
He helped me sit up and gave me some water.

I just took the cup without saying thank you and drank what was in there.
I put my oxygen mask back on and laid back down on my side facing away from them.

I was mad.