I Wanna Be Like You

Still Alive

[Daesung’s POV]


 

I rubbed my eyes as we all sat around the table. It’s been a few weeks since I dreamt that fairy tale dream. I wish I could know what would happen next. Though, I don’t think that will ever happen.


 

Everyone was chatting up a storm and eating. I was just sitting at the table not paying attention to anybody. Even though i’ve been getting more sleep these past few weeks. I… well… I still feel really tired.


 

The others say I look good… but I don’t feel good.


 

An hour passed before they finally noticed my mood and someone finally spoke up.


 

“Hey Daesung are you feeling okay?” Youngbae asked me.


 

I looked at him and nodded. “Neh. I feel fine. I’m just spacey I guess” I laughed.


 

They all smiled and continued to eat their food.

I stood up as Seunghyun was walking over.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and I looked him in the eye.


 

“Hey babe. Where you going?” He asked.


 

I looked at him and smiled. “I’m going to take a nap. I’m a little tired.”


 

“Really? You just woke up a few hours ago.” He placed his hand on my forehead. “You do feel a little warm. Hmm… Alright… go lay down on the bed and I’ll bring you some medicine.”


 

I smiled again and then moved away from him. I looked at the others and bowed a little. “Thank you for the meal.” I turned back around and walked back into the bedroom. I went over to the bed and laid down.


 

I tried closing my eyes again to sleep. I wasn’t really tired. I just wanted to be alone for some reason. Seunghyun came in a few minutes later with some medicine and water. He sat them on the nightstand next to me and quietly sat down on the bed. He ran his fingers through my head and then bent down to kiss my forehead.


 

I opened my eyes to look at him. I smiled. “Hey.”


 

“Hey. You okay?” He asked me.


 

I nodded “Neh.”


 

“Here… I got you your medicine.” He said turning to the nightstand and grabbing the pills and water. He turned back to face me. “I need you to take this and then get some rest. We have to be at the YG studio later”


 

I looked at him and nodded. “Okay.” I took the pills from him and popped the two in my mouth and took a big sip out of the water. I shook my head and scrunched up my face. Seunghyun looked at me and laughed. “Not funny.” I laughed.


 

“It is. Now get some sleep. I’ll be back in here for you in a few hours.” He smiled and turned around and walked out of the room. He closed the door behind him. I laid back down and stared at the ceiling.


 

Well okay… Let’s get back to this fairy tale.


 

I closed my eyes.


 

‘Moma, where are you now?’ Mina says walking into the house.


 

‘Oh Mina my daughter, come quick! Come quick and help me in the kitchen I am.’ Her mother calls from the kitchen.


 

Mina walks into the kitchen and places down her basket. ‘Mother… Whatever are you doing?’


 

‘I don’t know Minda… I am trying to make this cake that you make so great… but I can’t seem to get it right. It comes out… oh how do I say..’ Her mother thinks.


 

‘Flat… no taste… It’s very bitter.’ Mina’s little brother walks into the kitchen. He  grabs an apple and then walks out.


 

‘Listen here you punk.’ Mina’s mother calls after him.


 

He turns back around and faces his mother and Mina. ‘Mom it’s not coming out right because you’re making it and Mina is not. Besides… it’s apple pie, not cake.’ He turns back around.


 

Mina rolls her eyes and walks over to him grabbing the apple from his mouth. ‘Then we’ll be needing this.’ Mina smiles and walks back to the kitchen with the half eaten apple.


 

‘I just bit off of that yah!’ Her brother yells.


 

‘Then we’ll make sure it gets into your slice only.’ Mina laughs and resumes her position in the kitchen.


 

‘The prince came to town I heard.’ Mina’s mother asks as she and Mina cut up some apples.


 

‘Yes so i’ve heard as well.’ Mina mutters.


 

‘What has he got to say this time to us low peasants.’ Her mother jokes.


 

Mina laughs and looks at her mother, she holds up her knife and starts mocking the king. ‘I have come to find me a wife! Do I have any takers!’ Mina resumes laughing after the imitation.


 

Her mother joins in on the laughter.


 

Soon thereafter there was a knock on the door.

‘Hello is there anybody home?’ Someone calls from the other side.


 

‘Whoever could that be now?’ Mina’s mother says drying her hands and walking over to the front door.


 

‘Hello?’ the person at the door calls again.


 

‘I am coming! Hold your royal pants.’ Her mother mutters as she opens the front door.


 

‘Why yes.. I can hold my royal pants.’ The prince laughs.


 

‘Oh my… Mina…! Mina come quick!’ Her mother calls for her.


 

Mina quickly walks over. ‘Mother who is at...’ She looks up at the person at the door. ‘Oh… why is it you at the door of my house.’


 

‘I believe the house belongs to your mother here.’ The prince smiles.


 

‘And I believe I have a right to shut the door on your face… So if you don’t mind your highness… We’re baking pies.’ Mina mutters as she starts closing the door.


 

‘Oh but I love pies.’ The prince places his foot in the door to stop it from closing. ‘May I know what kind of pies you are baking?’


 

‘Oh sire… it is nothing that you will enjoy eating… it is filled with worms and dog food.’ She says with a straight face.


 

‘I trust that you are just joking with me when you say that.’ The prince smiles again. ‘May I come in?’


 

‘If you don’t mind my lord… I would like to have some quality time with my mother… alone.’ Mina glares at him.


 

‘Oh nonsense Mina! He is the Prince! He is always welcomed into our house. Come in your highness! Come in!’ My mom moves away from the door and he walks in. ‘you must excuse us for the mess. My sons haven’t finished cleaning the house yet.’


 

‘Right… Cause they’re off being boys, who have no time for cleaning but playing in the dirt and mud.’ Mina chimes in.


 

‘Mina would you mind getting some drinks for our royal guest.’ her mother says walking him to the living room. ‘My lord, please have a seat.’


 

‘Mother may I speak with you… In private...’ Mina mutters to her mom.


 

‘Oh I hope I am not disturbing anything.’ the Prince asks looking at them.


 

‘Oh not at all your royal sire.’ Mina’s mother says walking into the kitchen with Mina.


 

Mina’s little brother Jiyong walks down stairs and see the prince.

‘No way! The prince is in our house!’ He says running over.


 

The prince turns to him and smiles.

‘Hello boy, and you are?’


 

‘I’m Jiyong! Mina’s little brother. You know when I grow up I wanna be just like you’ Jiyong says looking at him.


 

‘Really now?’ The prince laughs.


 

‘So what are you doing here anyways?’ Jiyong asks.


 

‘Well…’ The prince starts.


 

I quickly opened my eyes to someone gently shaking my shoulder. I looked around the room and caught eyes with Seunghyun.


 

“We have to go Dae.” He says softly.


I just laid there for a few moments before looking at the ceiling again. “Okay.”

 

---------------------------------------

a/n

I will NOT be updating anymore until I get more comments. This is the reason why I haven't been updating... So please if you wanna see more updates... then if you READ the chapter, please ALSO COMMENT.

 

This is will save the story... and my sanity.

Thank you(;