Jimmy's Plan?

Love at First Sight

On Wednesday, Jongup and the girls were already awake. Jongup and Gizelle were making pancakes for breakfast. Shannon was lying half asleep on the table; she couldn't sleep at all last night. Jongup turned to Shannon, "Shannon, could you go wake Zelo up? He wouldn't get up when I tried to wake him up." She silently got up and walked to Zelo's room. Shannon quietly opened the door and peeked in; Zelo was still asleep in his bed. She sighed and tiptoed to Zelo's bed. She stood there not knowing how to wake him up, since she felt awkward around him ever since Jenny came.

Shannon reached out her hand to tap Zelo on the shoulder, but stopped when he turned around, wide awake, facing her. Zelo was happy that Shannon came to wake him up, She still cares~ he thought. But then he remembered yesterday, when Jimmy was with her. Zelo was going to ask Shannon how she felt about Jimmy, but Jongup came in the room to get his backpack. "Oh? Zelo's awake. You should go get ready, Zelo, we already made breakfast."  Shannon stepped aside as Zelo got up to get ready and she quickly ran out the door. Zelo frowned, I guess there's going to be more awkwardness...

On their way to school, the girls kept talking to Jongup about how much they love Jenny, while Shannon and Zelo walked in the back. Zelo kept glancing over at her, and Shannon just kept her eyes on the ground, as if she wanted to look for a lucky penny all the way to school. Zelo opened his mouth to ask her about Jimmy, but he lost his trail of thought and decided not to. Every few seconds, Zelo would get the courage to talk to her about Jimmy, but he immediately loses it as he opens his mouth to speak.

When they were just a block away from the school gates, Zelo finally let out the words, "How do you feel about Jimmy?" Shannon looked at him in shock with the sudden question. Zelo just kept looking forward. Shannon thought, Is Jimmy's plan really working? What do I tell him though? I can't just spoil Jimmy's plan... but I can't hide it from Zelo... she kept trying to think of a response, but all she could say was, "Uhm..." Zelo was a bit disappointed with the response, but he continued, "Do you like Jimmy?" Shannon was mentally stabbing herself, Ahh, Zelo, why do you keep asking questions that I don't know how to respond to? "Uhm... not really..." she hesitated.

Zelo's mood brightened up, but he was confused, "Then... why..." he didn't know how to ask her to explain. Shannon knew what he was trying to ask, but she couldn't tell him about Jimmy's plan. They had already reached the school gates and she still didn't have a response. They silently walked down the hall towards their class when someone pulled Shannon to the side. Zelo turned and saw Jimmy embracing Shannon with a tight hug.

Jimmy whispered to Shannon, who was just standing there with her arms at her sides, "Don't just stand there. Make it realistic". Zelo scowled and walked away to class when he saw Shannon returned Jimmy's hug. Shannon frowned and pulled away, "Are you sure your plan will work?" Jimmy shrugged, "It works in the movies". Shannon facepalmed, "They're just movies, it's part of the script..." "Oh..." Jimmy rubbed the back of his head.

The bell rang and they walked to class. Zelo looked out the door, expecting to see the teacher walk in, Where's Shannon? The teacher's going to be really mad... he thought worriedly. He sighed in relief when he saw Shannon appear at the door. But then Jimmy showed up just behind her, which made Zelo frown, Why is he here? he thought bitterly, even though he knew Jimmy was also in their class. Shannon walked to her seat, but Jimmy stopped her and gave her a quick kiss on the cheek before running back to his seat. Shannon's face turned bright red as she sat down.

Sujin whispered to Boyan, "Shannon and Jimmy are together now? What happened to Zelo?" Boyan shrugged, "Not my problem. At least she's not with a B.A.P member anymore". Shannon's group was too busy talking about food to notice what happened. Mylinh turned and saw how red Shannon was. She pointed to her cheeks, "Shannon, are you okay? You look red..." Shannon nodded, "Oh! I'm fine. Don't worry about me~" Mylinh turned back to the others and Shannon covered her cheeks, Why am I blushing... It can't be Jimmy, it's just part of the plan... I can't fall for Jimmy now... At Jimmy's group, several of his friends had asked why he looks all red today. Jimmy put his head down on his desk, Ahh, it's just a fake relationship for the plan. I can't be falling for Shannon again... I need to stay strong for Jenny!

When lunch started, the girls waited for Jimmy to get Jenny, while Zelo and Jongup had already gone to the roof for lunch. Mylinh peeked out to the hallway and ran to Jenny screaming when she showed up. Jenny asked Shannon, "Where do Zelo and Jongup eat lunch? We should join them for lunch!" Shannon hesitated, "Uhm, well-" Han interrupted her, "They have lunch on the rooftop." Jenny turned towards the stairs, "Let's go, then!" The girls excitedly followed her. Shannon walked in the back because she didn't want Jenny or Jimmy to know where Jongup and Zelo have lunch, since it was their privacy.

Zelo and Jongup were eating their lunches when they heard footsteps going up the stairs. They looked at each other and took out their phones. "Gizelle didn't text me about eating lunch with us..." Jongup said. Zelo shrugged, "Neither did Shannon..." but he wouldn't expect her to text him, since she already has Jimmy. Jongup nervously glanced at the door, "What if people found out about us eating lunch up here?" Zelo covered his mouth with his hand, "Shh. Then we have to be cautious and hide first." They gathered their stuff and stood behind the door leading up to the rooftop. They were nervous when the doorknob turned and the door opened. They were sweating buckets, hoping the stranger, or strangers, won't see them.

They peeked over the door to see Fatima standing at the doorway looking out at the rooftop, "Strange, they always eat up here…" Jongup saw Gizelle and ran up to her and hugged her, "Gizelle! Oh! I was so worried that you guys were someone else. We didn't get a text from you or Shannon so we didn't expect to see you up here!" Zelo was expecting Shannon to come out through the door, but he was a bit disappointed to see Jimmy and Jenny show up at the door. What are they doing here? he didn't want to be rude so he didn't say anything. Mylinh pointed to Jenny, "Jenny unnie wanted to eat with Zelo and Jongup oppas so we went up here.” "Wow! For three years going to this school, I've never been up here before!" Jenny exclaimed as she looked around. Where's Shannon? Zelo asked himself.

Jimmy turned to take Shannon's hand and led her out to the rooftop. She didn't dare look at Zelo or Jongup, she thought they'd be upset that Jenny and Jimmy were there, but Jongup seemed fine with that, it was Zelo who she was worried about. Shannon sat down first to eat. Zelo was going to sit next to her, but Jimmy sat by her side. Zelo was going to sit on the other side next to Shannon instead, but Jenny pulled him over to sit next to her. Mylinh and the other girls sat around Jenny, which made Shannon feel really left out. Everyone sat in a circle, while Jimmy and Shannon sat outside of it.

Shannon wasn't in the mood to eat lunch, so she kept poking her food. Jimmy tried to lighten up her mood by poking her cheeks. Shannon gave him a look and went back to poking her food. Jimmy poked her cheeks again and she turned to him, "What?" "This is what your food feels when you poke it," Jimmy told her as he poked her again. Shannon pushed his hand away and poked him back, "And that's what I feel when you poke me" she laughed.

Jimmy started poking her sides to find out that she's ticklish, so he tickled her. Shannon laughed and tried to block him with her hands, "Ahh! Stop! I'm ticklish!" Jimmy smiled and continued to tickle her, "Not until you start eating~" Shannon couldn't stop laughing, "Ohmygosh okay I'll eat". Jimmy playfully patted her head, "Good girl~" Shannon smiled and ate her lunch. Zelo had seen everything; he was literally stabbing his food before violently chewing them. He had already stabbed Jimmy many times over and over in his head and even mentally pushed him off the building several times.

They finished their lunch early. There was still half an hour left of lunch, so the group started walking back to class. Jenny walked with Zelo in front with the girls surrounding Jenny, Jongup walked with Gizelle following after them, Shannon and Jimmy walked in the back. When they got to class, Jenny asked Zelo, “Where do you sit?” Zelo pointed to his seat as he went over to sit down. Jenny sat in the desk next to him, which was also Shannon’s seat. Mylinh, Fatima, and Han went to their seats and started talking to Jenny. Gizelle went with Jongup to his class.

Shannon frowned when she saw Jenny sitting in her seat. She stood awkwardly at the doorway. She was going to take a seat near the door when Jimmy grabbed her hand and led her to the back of the room where he sits. Zelo scowled at him, he was going to try to talk to Shannon when she sat down, Dammit Jimmy…

Jimmy whispered to Shannon, “Has Zelo tried to talk to you yet?” Shannon nodded and whispered back, “He tried to ask me if I liked you…” Jimmy glanced at Zelo, “The plan’s working… What did you tell him?” “I didn’t really say anything…” Shannon lied. Zelo was leaning on the back of his chair, trying to listen in to what Shannon and Jimmy were talking about. He couldn’t hear anything because they were whispering and the girls were talking loudly next to him.

“He really thinks that I like you,” Shannon whispered to Jimmy. Zelo didn’t know what they were talking about, but all he could make out was Shannon whispering, “I like you” to Jimmy. That was enough to make his heart shatter. Jimmy sighed, “Zelo seems to be affected, but I don’t know about Jenny…” Shannon stood up from the desk and went over to Jimmy to comfortingly give him a hug. She tried to cheer him up and encouraged him to never give up. Zelo glanced back and saw Shannon hugging Jimmy. He clenched his fist when he saw Jimmy wrap his arms around Shannon.

Shannon pulled away and sat back down on her seat. She looked at the clock, Still fifteen minutes left… her eyes fell on Zelo and saw that he was glancing back at them. Zelo instantly turned back to face the board as if nothing happened. Shannon panicked, Did he see me hug Jimmy? she hated herself for that, but she tried to make an excuse to herself, It’s still part of the plan… She started to have conflicted feelings, Ahh, what is this? I can’t be falling for Jimmy… she remembered when they ate lunch on the rooftop; Jimmy was playing with her to try to make her eat. It didn’t seem like it was part of the plan for Shannon. Does Jimmy really like me again…? She stared at the board deep in thought.

Jimmy got bored so he started randomly poking Shannon’s arm. Shannon gave him a look, but didn’t say anything and poked him in the cheek. Jimmy grabbed her hand so she couldn’t poke him and started tickling her. Shannon used her other hand to block, but Jimmy also grabbed her hand and continued to tickle her. She tried to escape Jimmy’s grip, but his grip was too strong.

Jimmy lightly pulled Shannon over to him and had her sit on his lap. He wrapped his arms around her and looked at her, “Doesn’t this seem familiar?” Shannon blushed and nodded, “The kiddy train at Poképark in Japan.” Jimmy smiled and pointed to his cheek, “I think you still owe me two kisses from that day~” Shannon laughed, “You still remember that?” Jimmy nodded, “I still remember that Fatima was going to kick me there… I hope she forgot about that…” Shannon tried to hold in her laugh, “I’m sure she still remembers.”  

Jimmy frowned, “I’m scared now… Help me, Shannon!” he said as he tightened his grip around her. Shannon pinched his cheek and teased, “How am I going to help?” Jimmy thought for a moment and pointed to his cheek, “Give me strength with kisses~” he said as he held out his cheek to Shannon. She gave him a kiss on both cheeks and joked, “I still think you’re too weak to stand against Fatima”. Jimmy laughed, “Then another kiss~” he said as he pointed to his lips. Shannon just stared at him, she didn’t know what to do, she had conflicted feelings between Zelo and Jimmy.

Jimmy pulled Shannon closer to him as he leaned in and planted a kiss on her lips. Shannon could feel her face turn red, Is this part of the plan? But Jenny isn’t looking… Zelo was doing his homework to get his mind off of things. He accidentally dropped his eraser, so he leaned down to pick it up. He looked to the back to see Jimmy kissing Shannon, who was sitting on his lap. Zelo completely froze. He saw how red Shannon was. His heart completely broke as he turned back to his paper.

Jenny looked over at Zelo, “Oh, do you need help with homework?” Zelo shook his head, “Uhm, no, Jenny noona, it’s alright. I can figure it out.” He said as he continued doing his work. Jenny kept looking at his paper and pointing at his mistakes, “Zelo-ah, you keep making mistakes. Are you sure you don’t need help? I can tutor you someday”. Zelo shook his head, “It’s alright, noona. I can do this on my own. And Jongup and I already have Shannon to tutor us twice a week.”

Jenny shrugged, “From the mistakes you’re making, it doesn’t seem like Shannon’s doing such a good job.” Zelo was mad at Jenny’s statement, Don’t blame Shannon for my mistakes! He thought angrily but tried to calm himself down. Jenny snapped her fingers, “That’s right. I’ll come over to tutor you and Jongup on the days before Shannon’s tutoring days. We’ll see who the better tutor is so you guys don’t make these kinds of mistakes,” she said pointing to another mistake on Zelo’s paper.

Mylinh and Fatima turned to Jenny, “Jenny unnie is going to come over for tutoring today?” Jenny looked at them, “Oh, today? So Shannon tutors them on Thursdays?” “And Tuesdays,” Gizelle told her. Jenny nodded, “So I’ll come over every Monday and Wednesday for tutoring.” Zelo didn’t like the idea, he was perfectly fine with Shannon tutoring them, but he’s not so sure since she has Jimmy now.

Jenny turned to Zelo, “Is that okay with you?” Zelo shrugged, “Yeah, it’s worth a try.” Han, Fatima, and Mylinh were excited, “YAY! Jenny unnie’s coming over after school!” The bell rang and everyone went back to their seats. Gizelle walked in from Jongup’s class and Mylinh was yelling out for her, “Gizelle! Gizelle! Jenny unnie is coming over after school!” Gizelle laughed, “Sounds fun!” Jenny said bye to the girls and patted Zelo’s head as she left to go to her class. Zelo fixed his hair and slumped into his chair, Why today… Zelo was going to do a surprise for Shannon to win her heart back from Jimmy.

Shannon walked back to her seat and sat down. Zelo glanced at her to see that her face was still red. She took out a book and opened it to a random page and tried to act as if nothing happened. Mylinh poked Shannon’s cheek, “Why are you so red? Did you get another bruise?” Shannon laughed, “Why would a bruise… Nevermind. It’s probably because from the school heating.” Mylinh shrugged and said, “Oh! Shannon! Jenny unnie is coming over after school today!” Shannon looked at her, “Really?” Mylinh nodded, “For Zelo and Jongup oppas’ tutoring”.

Shannon nodded, “Oh, okay. What should we have for dinner?” Fatima told her, “I want bibimbap! I’ve been craving for some bibimbap”. Shannon laughed, “Okay, I’ll go to the market after school to buy the food”. Mylinh raised her hand, “I wanna go with you!” Shannon shook her head, “You have homework to finish.” Mylinh pouted, “Fine”. Han patted Mylinh’s shoulder, “It’s alright, Jenny unnie is going to come over after school anyway.

People started coming back to class, so the girls sat back down and waited for the teacher to come. Shannon stared at the floor, Jenny’s going to come over for tutoring? But I’m already their tutor… she frowned as she continued to stare at the floor. She started spinning her pencil, even though she at it. She tried to figure out why Jenny would come over today, surely it wasn’t mainly to hang out with the girls. Her pencil flew out of her hand onto the floor next to Zelo’s seat. Shannon suddenly realized, Jenny’s coming for Zelo. She turned and leaned down to pick up her pencil. Zelo was also reaching out for her pencil when he saw that she was still staring at the floor when her pencil dropped.
Shannon wasn’t paying attention. A few seconds later, she noticed how close Zelo’s face was to hers. They were staring into each other’s eyes. Suddenly, Zelo looked away to pick up her pencil and held it out to Shannon. He saw her blush a bright shade of red. “Thank you…” she barely spoke as she took her pencil and sat back into her seat. Zelo was confused, Did she just blushed at me? He smiled a bit, Jimmy’s not the only one in her heart. On the other hand, Shannon was having conflicted feelings. I know I like Zelo, but Jimmy too? What am I going to do… The teacher walked in the class and started the lesson.

After school, Fatima made Zelo and Jongup wait for Jenny with the girls. Shannon was going to walk to the market, but Mylinh was holding her back, “Shannon! We need more pepero; Daehyun ate the last box yesterday.” Shannon nodded, “Can I go now?” Mylinh nodded, “Okay. WAIT! We also need more bananas for Han and Daehyun~ You know what I’m saying?~” Shannon laughed, “Okay.” She said as she started walking to the market. Mylinh stopped her again, “Oh! Oh! Also, Jongup and Gizelle wanted some more cheetos. Get the HOT Cheetos~” Shannon nodded, “Okay. Can I go now?” Mylinh thought for a moment, “Okay I think that’s it”. Shannon turned to walk to the market but Mylinh stopped her again, “Oh! Youngjae! He needed more ice cream~” Shannon rolled her eyes, “Okay, okay I got it. Is there anything else I need to get?” Mylinh turned to Fatima, “Fattyma! Do you want anything?” Fatima thought for a moment and shook her head, “Nope.” Mylinh turned to Shannon, “Okay, that’s it then. Now go, Shannon, go~”

Shannon nodded and started walking to the market. Someone placed a hand on her shoulder to stop her. Shannon turned, “What now, Mylinh?” she was surprised to see Zelo. “Oh, sorry… I thought you were-” “I’ll go to the market with you,” he simply said. Shannon was surprised by this. Part of her wanted him to come, but she knew he would try to question Jimmy when they’re alone, and she couldn’t risk spoiling Jimmy’s plan, so she shook her head, “It’s alright. You should go back with the others. Jenny’s coming over to tutor you and Jongup.”


Zelo tried to make an excuse, “But… she can tutor Jongup first, and then tutor me later.” Shannon refused again and insisted that he go back with the others, while Zelo kept making more excuses to come with her. After several minutes, Zelo just pulled Shannon close to him and kissed her. Almost instantly, Jenny appeared behind Zelo and pulled him away from Shannon, “Come on, Zelo, everyone’s waiting.” Shannon was still standing there, surprised by Zelo’s kiss.


Zelo and the others disappeared around the corner, so Shannon turned to walk to the market. All the way there, she couldn’t stop thinking about the kiss. He still cares… she thought. A smile appeared on her face as she shopped for food.