Awkward Turtle

Love at First Sight

Back at the hotel, no one spoke a word to neither Shannon nor Zelo. Shannon silently walked into the girls’ bedroom right when they got back and went to sleep. Zelo also went to the guys’ bedroom to sleep. The rest of the group sat in the living room, since it’s only 8pm, which is too early for them to sleep.
Jongup asked Yongguk, “Will they be alright? They haven’t said a word to each other all day…” Yongguk shook his head, “I don’t know. But I’m sure things will get better in a few days. Zelo seemed like he still has feelings for Shannon. We just need to give them some time”.

Daehyun stood up, “I’m hungry. I’m gonna find something to eat”. Youngjae followed him, “I want some ice cream”. Himchan stood up and asked Mylinh, “Do you want anything to eat before going back to your hotel room?” Mylinh instantly got up, “Yes!” and followed Himchan to the kitchen.
The group stayed up for a few hours to talk before going back to their rooms to sleep. The entire night, Zelo and Shannon couldn’t sleep; they couldn’t stop thinking about their break up. They were hoping that things won’t get awkward the next day.


Shannon woke up and went to make some food to bring in for Jimmy. She opened the cupboard to get some of Daehyun’s crackers, but to her dismay, he hid them all the way on the top shelf. Shannon sighed as she stood on her tippy toes and tried to reach up to the bag of crackers.

Suddenly, she saw an arm stretch over her and grabbed the bag of chips. She turned around and apologized, “I’m sorry, Daehyun! I just needed some of your crackers to make breakfast for Jimmy!” She was surprised when it was actually Zelo who got the crackers for her. Zelo didn’t say a word; he just took a few crackers, put one in his mouth, gave Shannon the bag, and walked towards the TV.

Shannon frowned, I guess things are going to be awkward now..., she thought. Zelo grabbed the remote and searched for a channel to watch, Good job, Zelo, now things are going to be awkward..., he scolded himself.

When the rest of the group woke up and got ready, they got on the van to go to the hospital. Shannon sat with Youngjae, and Zelo sat in the back by himself. Zelo couldn’t stop scolding himself for making things more awkward than it should be. He wanted to talk to Shannon, but he didn’t know what to say. He was too scared of making things awkward by avoiding eye contact, but it just makes things worse. On the other hand, Shannon hated herself for staying quiet from Zelo all morning.


When Shannon opened the door to Jimmy’s room, Jimmy sat up and greeted her, “Good morning, beautiful~”. Shannon knew Zelo was walking behind her, so she just looked down at Jimmy’s breakfast that she made. She walked over to Jimmy’s bed and set the tray on the table. “Mmm I love soup and crackers~” Jimmy exclaimed. Shannon smiled as she sat down on a chair and stared at the floor.

Jongup looked over at Zelo, who was just standing there with his hands behind his back, stealing glances at Shannon. He gave Zelo and nudge and gestured towards Shannon, telling Zelo to make conversation. Zelo shook his head and took a step back.

Mylinh ran into the room yelling to Shannon, “SHANNON! I GOT SNACKS!” and she sat down next to Shannon as they ate the chips. Jongup slapped Zelo behind the head for missing his chance. Himchan ran over to Mylinh and Shannon, “I WANT SOME TOO~,” and he flicked Zelo on the forehead as he went by.

Jimmy had just finished his food and motioned Shannon to come over to him. Shannon gave him a confused look as she walked over. Jimmy patted the side of the bed, telling her to sit down. Shannon cautiously sat down as Jimmy pulled her into a hug and thanked her for the food. Zelo scowled and turned towards the plain wall.

Jimmy pulled away and pinched her cheek, “I think I’ll even pretend to be sick so you can make me food~” Shannon rolled her eyes and chuckled. Mylinh suddenly remembered, “Yah! Jimmy! Where’s my ice cream?” Jimmy blinked at her, “Uhh, I don’t know...” Daehyun looked towards Shannon, “Yeah, where’s our ice cream?” Shannon laughed nervously and looked towards the bag of ice cream in the corner of the room, “Ehehe, I forgot they were there...”

Mylinh ran over to open the tubs of ice cream and frowned, “EW! THEY’RE ALL MELTED”, then pointed to Daehyun, “GO GET ME SOME ICE CREAM!! I’M STARVING HERE!” Shannon blinked at Mylinh, “But you just ate some chips...” Daehyun stood up, “YOUNGJAE, LET’S GO GET SOME MORE ICE CREAM,” he said as he dragged Youngjae out of the room.

Yongguk held Fatima’s hand and led her out the door, “We’re going to go grab a quick lunch. See you guys later,” he waved his hand as he left. Walking down the hallway, Fatima asked him, “Where are we going to eat?” Yongguk smirked, “I’ve heard of this fancy restaurant nearby. We can have a romantic lunch there~” he said with a wink.

Jimmy started playing with Shannon’s hair and smiled as he remembered that Zelo broke up with Shannon, which means he has a chance. Mylinh saw this and took this chance to get back with Himchan, “Yah! Jimmy! What do you think you’re doing? Flirting with another girl? WE’RE OVER!” she said and ran into Himchan’s arms.

Jimmy just stared at Mylinh, he’d forgotten that they were still “together” for his plan. He frowned when he remembered how happy he was when he was with Mylinh. Then, he put on a smile and put his arm around Shannon’s shoulders, Zelo flinched, “It’s alright, I have Shannon now,” he said as he playfully ruffled her hair. Shannon fixed her hair as she looked down at the floor, she felt awkward for Zelo to see all this.

Jongup noticed that Gizelle was feeling a little down because of what happened to Shannon.  So to lighten up the mood, he grabbed her hand and announced, “Gizelle-ah! Let’s go on a date!” Gizelle smiled and nodded. Himchan cut between the two lovebirds and said, “Sorry Jongup, but as a punishment for not calling Mylinh, you have to bring Jimmy lunch.” Gizelle frowned and turned to glare at Himchan, but Jongup’s smile didn’t fade away.  “Okay hyung~” he said as he ran off with Gizelle.

On their way towards the hospital gates, Jongup turned to Gizelle and asked, “Hmm what do you think Jimmy likes to eat?”  Gizelle shrugged, she was still mad about her date being ruined by Jimmy.  Jongup noticed that she was mad and held her hand.  “Don’t worry! We’ll still be able to have our date~” Jongup said happily.  Gizelle smiled followed Jongup into a fast food restaurant.  

Daehyun and Youngjae returned to the hospital room with bags of ice cream. Everyone looked up to see Daehyun finishing one of the ice cream tubs by himself. Mylinh and Himchan yelled, “YAH! GIVE US THE ICE CREAM BEFORE YOU EAT THEM ALL!” and ran towards the ice cream. Youngjae blocked them and held up his bag of ice cream, “Here. One for each person. Give one for Zelo, Shannon, and Han each too.”

Himchan handed a tub to Shannon. She reached up to get it, but Jimmy had already snatched it before her. He scooped out a spoonful of ice cream and held it out to Shannon, “Say ahh~~” Shannon gave Zelo a quick glance before opening to eat the ice cream. Zelo was literally stabbing his ice cream as Jimmy scooped out another spoonful of ice cream and ate some himself, Indirect kissing..., he thought.

Daehyun saw this and panicked, “No, Zelo! Don’t stab your food! If you don’t want any then give it to me~” Mylinh immediately turned around and yelled, “NO ZELO! GIVE IT TO ME!~” Daehyun and Mylinh started fighting over Zelo’s stabbed ice cream and Zelo just sat there, not knowing who to give the ice cream to. He wished he could just throw the ice cream out the window so Mylinh and Daehyun would stop fighting over it, but if he did, they would murder him.

Just then, Jongup and Gizelle returned with hamburgers. They placed the bags of hamburgers onto Jimmy’s bed and sat on opposite sides.  They began eating like they were all alone at a restaurant.  Daehyun and Mylinh stared at the hamburgers hungrily.  Daehyun then asked them, “Well? Did you get any hamburgers for us?” Jongup and Gizelle turned around and shushed him. “We’re on a date.” they explained.

Himchan was so angry, “YAH JONGUP! I told you to go buy lunch for Jimmy! Not to buy lunch for yourselves and eat it right in front of Jimmy!” Jongup corrected him, “We’re not eating it in front of Jimmy, we’re eating it on top of Jimmy.” He pointed to all the bags and wrappers that were spread out on Jimmy’s bed.  

Jimmy was sitting in bed trying not to move because they put their drinks on his thighs.  Gizelle smiled at Jimmy and said, “You make a lovely table~” Jongup reached over Jimmy to hold Gizelle’s hand. He giggled and said, “Gizelle-ah Isn’t this date so romantic?~” Gizelle nodded and said, “Yes! Wow Jongho oppa, you really know how to show a lady a good time!~”