Bibimbap

Love at First Sight

A few days later, the group got the news that Jimmy was going to be released from the hospital. Jimmy was still weak on his legs, so Shannon held his arm to support his walking.

Zelo was walking in the back eating chips with Daehyun. He saw this and he unintentionally crushed the bag of chips into crumbs. Daehyun took the bag of chips away from Zelo and ate all the crumbs.

Back in their hotel, Yongguk announced, “We should celebrate!”  Shannon nodded and said, “I will make him a nice lunch! I will make bibimbap! It’s his favorite~” Zelo glared at her.  Bibimbap is my favorite too..... Make some for me, Shannonnnnnn! he thought.

Daehyun got up, “I’ll go get the stuff to make bibimbap”. Mylinh stood up and glared at him, “I’m coming too. I’m keeping an eye on you. Better not eat the food before we get back like last time.” Daehyun innocently shrugged and said, “I don’t know what you’re talking about~~”.

Mylinh and Daehyun walked out the door. Youngjae yelled after them, “GET SOME CAKE WHILE YOU GUYS ARE AT IT”. Daehyun nodded as he closed the door behind him.

The rest of the group sat on the couch and watched TV while waiting for Daehyun and Mylinh to return.
Twenty minutes later, Mylinh and Daehyun returned with the food and many many many free samples from the store. Mylinh and Daehyun were frowning. Himchan went up to Mylinh and asked her, “JAGIYA~~~ What’s wrong?”

Mylinh explained, “They kicked us out of the store for taking too many free samples......” Daehyun turned to Mylinh and said, “The finger mustaches did not work at all!!!” Mylinh defended herself, “Hey hey! I thought it was a great idea! It worked the first 5 times though...” Everyone laughed. Himchan said, “You guys would do anything for food...”

Shannon ran up to them and took their bags, “Did you guys get all the stuff for the bibimbap?”  “YUP!” Mylinh said as she handed her the bag. 

Shannon took out a bunch of bananas from the bag and gave them a weird look, “Why did you guys buy bananas?” Mylinh turned to Daehyun, “Yea, why did you buy bananas?” Daehyun blinked at the bananas, “... Yea, why did I buy them?...”


Shannon shrugged it off and went to the kitchen to make the bibimbap. Mylinh, Daehyun, and Himchan went to sit on the couch and watched TV. Gizelle got up to go help Shannon prepare the food, but Jongup stopped her. He turned to Zelo and gave him a nudge. Zelo looked at Jongup, “What?” Jongup motioned towards Shannon in the kitchen, “Go help her make the food”.

Zelo shook his head, “But I’m a horrible cook!” Jongup gave Zelo another nudge but he wouldn’t move. So Jongup pushed Zelo off the couch and moved over so there’s no room left for him to sit. Zelo glared at him. Jongup nodded towards Shannon and gave Zelo an innocent smile. Zelo sighed and walked towards the kitchen.

Zelo rubbed his neck as he awkwardly asked, “Uhm do you need any help making that?” Shannon turned around, surprised, and looked around to find something for Zelo to do. She handed him a chopping board, a knife, and some ingredients, “Could you help me cut these up?” Zelo nodded as Shannon turned around to prepare the meat.

But I’m really bad at cutting food..., he thought to himself. Zelo started slicing the carrots. Shannon turned around and chuckled when she saw Zelo handling the carrots inexperiencedly. She went over to help Zelo; she held the knife and guided Zelo’s hand to slice the carrots properly.

Shannon looked up and saw Zelo blushing. She also blushed as she turned around and got back to preparing the meat as Zelo continued slicing and cutting the carrots and other vegetables in awkward silence.

Shannon and Zelo were busy making food in the kitchen while everyone else was watching tv, and Jimmy was sleeping on the bed. Soon, they got really bored because there was nothing left on tv to watch.


Jongup suddenly pitched in, “Hey guys! Look over there!~” he pointed to Shannon and Zelo happily preparing food in the kitchen. “Awww they would make a great married couple one day~” Yongguk said.

Everyone nodded and smiled at the couple, but Youngjae ruined the moment by blurting out, “But didn’t they already break up?!” Himchan elbowed him in the stomach. He turned to Mylinh and said, “Let’s help get their relationship going then!”

Everyone crowded around the counter and stared at Shannon and Zelo. They immediately felt the awkward tension between the couple. They were barely talking at all. Himchan took out his phone and put it on speaker. They began singing Warrior and everyone else joined in too. This eased up the awkward tension a little it.

When it was Himchan’s line in Warrior: (Bomb Bomb) 어두운 가면 속을 던져 Get it on! Mylinh and Himchan overemphasized the “GET IT ON!” Shannon and Zelo were startled by this and stared at the two of them. Mylinh and Himchan smiled back and hinted with their eyebrows.

Next to them, Fatima and Han were eating bananas in a nasty fashion. Yongguk and Daehyun were eating bananas too, but they choked when they saw what their girlfriends were doing.

Jongup told Zelo to get him a banana. Zelo turned and saw the bananas in the corner of the counter where Shannon was slicing the meat. Zelo reached from behind Shannon to get the bananas.

She looked up and held her breath when she saw how close Zelo's face was to hers. Zelo also held his breath when he realized that they were just inches away from each other.

Jongup chuckled. Shannon and Zelo remained there, frozen, and then a minute later, Shannon looked back down and continued to slice the meat as Zelo quickly grabbed the bananas for Jongup and went back to cutting. Jongup whispered something to Daehyun.

Then, Daehyun asked to pass him the water bottle. Both Shannon and Zelo reached out and grabbed the bottle, and Zelo's hand was placed over Shannon's. They both froze, Daehyun and Jongup chuckled as he saw them blushing a bright shade of red.
Shannon and Zelo both pulled away, then Zelo took the bottle and gave it to Daehyun. Once again, Shannon and Zelo went back to preparing the food without a word.


Shannon finished grilling the meat just as Zelo finished cutting the veggies. Shannon scooped rice into 12 bowls and placed the meat, veggies, and eggs over the rice. Zelo silently helped Shannon set up the table as the others came in.

Jimmy put an arm over Shannon's shoulders, "Wow!! My girlfriend must be the best chef in the world!~" he said as he gave her a peck on the cheek. Shannon froze at the word “girlfriend”, but she covered it by smiling and went to get water for the group. 

Zelo flinched at the word "girlfriend" and glared at Jimmy as he sat down. Zelo wanted Shannon to sit in the seat next to him, but Jimmy stole that seat, and Shannon sat between Jimmy and Youngjae instead.

Zelo frowned and stared at his bowl of bibimbap, This is the first time I prepared food with Shannon... and bibimbap is my favorite, he thought as he smiled. When the others started eating, Zelo smiled and tastefully ate his food.

He enjoyed every bite of it. Shannon saw this and smiled to herself, I'm glad Zelo's enjoying his favorite food that we prepared together, she thought. The others kept complimenting the food and told Shannon, "You should have Zelo help you prepare food more often~".

Shannon and Zelo blushed, but Jimmy cut in, "Ahh~ I'm so proud of my girlfriend~ She's so talented in cooking~" he said as he put an arm around Shannon.

Zelo wouldn't look up from his bowl of food and just continued eating, trying to pretend he didn't hear what Jimmy just said. Shannon frowned, she didn't want Zelo to be hurt by Jimmy's words, but at the same time, she didn't want to be rude to Jimmy, she really owes him a lot since his accident.