The Accident

Love at First Sight

In the morning, Shannon came out to see Zelo already awake, sitting at the table, just staring at his breakfast. "What are you doing up so early? It's only 6:30 am," she asked. Zelo looked up, "What about you?" Shannon sat down next to him, "I couldn't sleep last night..." she told him. "Me neither..." he replied. "Was it because of... Himchan?" Shannon asked curiously, worried about Zelo and Himchan's friendship.

Zelo nodded, "It's not that I was jealous of him. I know Himchan hyung would never do that to me. But the reason why he did it is what bothered me. Why would Himchan try to hit on you... and... kiss you on the cheek?" Shannon shrugged, "There must be some explanation for his behavior... He just started acting weird since he got back from the cafe..."

Zelo glanced at the boys' room, "Do you think he met up with someone at the cafe? He looked a bit too excited when he was getting ready," he said suspiciously. "Whoever it is must be the reason why Himchan is acting this way," Shannon thought out loud. It better not be that devious Jimmy guy, Zelo thought. His hand clenched into a fist unconsciously.

Shannon saw this and put her hand over his fist, "You sure you're alright?" Zelo nodded and tried to calm himself down. Shannon pulled him into a hug, "Don't worry. This will all be over soon." Zelo softened up and put his arms around her. I will never lose to Jimmy, he thought.

Youngjae and Daehyun came out to get breakfast. They stopped when they saw Zelo and Shannon. Behind the kitchen counter, Jongup quickly pulled them down and hid behind the counter. Youngjae whispered, "You were spying on them this whole time?!" Jongup nodded and whispered back, "Seems to me that Himchan did something last night that made Shannon and Zelo anxious". Daehyun got curious, "I wonder what happened..."

Yongguk appeared behind them and whispered, "AYO WHADDUP GUYS! Spying on Zelo and Shannon, I see..." Jongup, Youngjae, and Daehyun jumped and held their hands to their chests, "Hyung! You scared us!" Youngjae whispered back. Yongguk shrugged, "I know what Himchan did". The other 3 boys leaned in, curious to know what happened. "Himchan............ KISSED ZELO," Yongguk whispered as he tried to hold in his laugh.

The three boys facepalmed at their leader. Jongup looked up to see Zelo looking over the counter at them, "Hyungs were eavesdropping?!?!" he asked. They abruptly stood up as Himchan came out to get breakfast. They all gave Himchan weird looks, Himchan looked up and was confused by this, "What? Did I do something?" he asked.  


Jongup, Daehyun, Youngjae and Yongguk went to get breakfast, saying random things, trying to change the subject. Youngjae screamed, "Yah! Where's my ice cream?" Jongup pointed at the empty box on the counter, "Hyung ate it all yesterday". Daehyun butted in, "SOMEONE GO BUY MORE ICE CREAM". Shannon volunteered, "I'll go~". "I'll go, too," Zelo added. Shannon refused, “No it’s okay. You should rest Jello-oppa.”

Himchan jumped and put an arm around Shannon and said, “Then I’ll go with you~~~~~ I knew you couldn’t resist me~” Shannon gave him a disgusted face, “uh no. I can go by myself.” Jongup started jumping around, “SHANNON! SHANNON! Can you buy me some candy?!” Daehyun joined in, “SHANNON! BUY US SOME CANDY!!” Shannon laughed and said, “Okay I’ll get you some candy.” She said goodbye to everyone as she left for the market.  

At Jimmy’s hotel, Mylinh just woke up craving ice cream.  “Jimmy! Can you please go buy me some ice cream?” she turned to him and asked.  Jimmy sighed and got up from his chair. “Anything for you~” he said. “Do you want to come?” “Nope!” Mylinh beamed and went back to sleep.  Lazy , Jimmy thought as he started heading towards the door.  

Shannon was at the market deciding which flavor to buy.  Hmmmm what kind of icecream would they like? she thought to herself as she stared at the 3847872483738724 flavors of ice cream on the shelves. Ahhhh there’s so many to choose from! She then decided to grab the chocolate ice cream.  Youngjae is always singing that stupid choco ice cream song. she laughed at the thought of Youngjae’s song.

She saw the green tea ice cream and turned to grab it, Youngjae also likes green tea ice cream.... That fatty needs to find something else to eat or he’s gonna get a permanent brain freeze. she thought. Someone else’s hand also grabbed the green tea ice cream. Shannon looked up to see Jimmy.

He smiled and waved at her, “Hiya~ It must be fate that we meet here again~” Shannon tried not to make eye contact with him.  She quickly grabbed all the ice cream and ran to the cashier to pay for her items.  Jimmy quickly grabbed the strawberry ice cream and ran after her.  

Shannon noticed that Jimmy was following her. “OH MY GOD. JUST LEAVE ME ALONE. You’re such a stalker!” she screamed as she paid for her items and ran out the door.  Jimmy paid for his ice cream and ran after her.  When he got outside, he saw Shannon already running down the street like she was being chased by a murder or something.  

Shannon was running across the street without looking both ways.  Out of the corner of his eye, Jimmy noticed a bus going way too fast.  He yelled out, “GET OUT OF THE WAY!” Shannon turned to see the bus heading towards her, but she couldn’t move, she just stood there, frozen.

The bus driver slammed onto the brake but the bus was going too fast. Jimmy ran in just in time to push Shannon out of the way. He thought he would also make it, but he was hit by the bus as it went into a complete stop. Shannon sat there frozen on the sidewalk, looking at Jimmy’s body on the street.

She didn’t know what to do. She couldn’t cry, everything happened so fast. She was still shocked by what happened, so she couldn’t even get out her phone to call a hospital. All she could think was, Jimmy just saved me... after all I did to avoid him, he risked his life for me. He really does care for me..., she couldn’t believe that the more she thought of it, the more she fell for him. She felt tears swelling up in her eyes. Don’t cry, she thought to herself.

The passengers on the bus got off the bus to see what happened. Some people called the hospital. Shannon was going to stand up to walk over to Jimmy in the crowd of people. Suddenly, she heard someone screaming her name. “SHANNONNNNNNN!!!!” Zelo screamed as he ran out from the hotel. Shannon turned to him as he pulled her into a hug.

The rest were running behind him. They were all worried, Himchan asked, “Are you okay?!” Shannon barely nodded and looked towards where Jimmy was lying. “What happened?” Yongguk asked her. Shannon couldn’t speak, she was still overwhelmed by what had happened, she just looked down and tears started to fall. Soon, the ambulance comes to take Jimmy away.

B.A.P and the girls were on the van, on their way to the hospital. Zelo sat in the back with Shannon, calming her down, "Everything's going to be alright," he said. Shannon could barely speak, "It's all my fault..."
Tears started to swell up her eyes again. Zelo wiped her tears, "It's not your fault. Don't worry. Jimmy will be fine," he said as he let Shannon rest her head on his shoulder. She closed her eyes and went to sleep, trying to get some rest from everything that happened that day. Zelo watched Shannon sleep with worried eyes, "It hurts to see you like this...," he thought.


 


In Jimmy's hospital room, Shannon sat next to his bed, silently crying. Zelo stood beside her, and the others sat on chairs against the wall. Yongguk whispered to Himchan, "No matter how much trouble Jimmy caused in the past, I give him all my respect for risking his life to save Shannon". Himchan and the others nodded in agreement.

Zelo looked at Shannon, then at Jimmy, "I envy your bravery, and how much Shannon cares for you now...," he thought. Shannon sat there, silently scolding herself for letting all this happen, "I shoul've been more careful... This is all my fault... I'm sorry Jimmy..."

The room was dead silent, until suddenly, Jongup literally kicked the door open and yelled to them, "WHO WANTS SNACKS?" Daehyun and Youngjae both ran to get snacks, while the others laughed at Jongup's attempt at lightening the mood. Zelo also wanted some snacks, he hadn't had anything all day, but he didn't want to leave Shannon's side.

Jongup went up to them and offered some snacks, Zelo asked Shannon, "Do you want any to eat?" Shannon shook her head. Zelo sighed, "You should eat something, you haven't eaten anything all day, don't starve yourself," he told her. Shannon looked down for a moment and turned to the tray of snacks.

Zelo held up a bag of chocolate panda cookies, and asked her, "How about these?" Shannon loves chocolate panda cookies, and she was hungry too, so she slightly nodded as Zelo took out one to feed it to her. She slowly chewed on the cookie. The taste is very different, almost tasteless. She wasn't really in the mood to eat, and she continued to cry silently and hiccupped while eating, making it harder to enjoy her favorite cookie.


 


Shannon could not stop crying. THe rest just stood there awkwardly trying to comfort her. Zelo was holding her hand, Wow he really did just save Shannon’s life. He really does care for her. But why is she crying so much? Does she like him too? he thought.

Soon, everyone got really hungry and decided to go grab a bite in the hospital cafeteria. Zelo asked Shannon as he got up, “Shannon, do you want to come with us?” Shannon shook her head and the group left the room.
She looked at Jimmy lying unconscious on the bed. It should’ve been me, she thought as more tears ran down her face. She reached for his hand and thought to herself, He looks so cold. I can’t believe that he actually saved my life. Maybe he really does love me... But I was too stupid to realize it.

Zelo was out in the hallway walking with the group until he stopped, “Wait guys! I think I left my wallet back in there! Go on. I’ll meet you guys there”. He ran back towards the hospital room and stopped just outside the door because he heard Shannon talking. He peeked a little bit around the corner to see Shannon standing over Jimmy and holding his hand.

Shannon was crying so hard that her words came out all messed up. “I’m sorry, Jimmy! I’m sorry I didn’t realize it before. I’m sorry it took me so long to realize that you do love me. I’m sorry that I had to find out this way. And I don’t even know if you’re going to make it to hear this, but... I love you.” Shannon choked on her words, but without even thinking, she leaned over and kissed Jimmy.