What do you take me for?

Dating SHINee Jonghyun is a no-no

 

“Shin Sekyung-ssi.” Jonghyun uttered without thinking twice when the MC asked if there is someone he currently likes and is willing to date after a month when SHINee’s dating ban has been lifted.

“Ohhhh~~” The fans and the MCs went wild with Jonghyun’s confession. Only the 4 members were reluctant to react positively. The camera even captured Key’s WTF look at Jonghyun.

“I heard she also said she likes you. So, is getting back together a possible thing to happen?” The MC followed up.

Jonghyun looked at the other members for help if he should answer it. Onew looked at him blankly, not even helping him answer the question.

“Everything in life is possible, I guess.” Jonghyun simply said. “I’ll go with the flow of life then.” He chuckled.

For the sake of being on screen, the other members gave a positive reaction towards Jonghyun and a little to Sekyung.

The sudden awkwardness among SHINee members can be traced once the recording is done. Key and Tae walking together, Minho and Onew walking together but are not talking, Jonghyun on their back walking alone with his eyes fixed on the phone.

“He did it again. So irritating.” Key said to Taemin. “Dragging along Shin Sekyung’s name this time. What if she believes it?”

“Follow what Onew hyung said. Let him do what he wants. After all, it will have a great effect on him and not to us, really.” Taemin shrugged his shoulder.

“And I also want to pull Choonhee’s hair when I see her. Seriously, how can she left just like that? She probably has good reasons why she did that, but damn sacrifices she just made things worse! She also needs some slap on the face, you know, at least to wake her up that not all dramas end well.” Key uttered with a diva tone.

“She’s a girl, hyung. You can’t slap her.” Taemin said.

“I’ll ask Nicole to do it for me, then. Or should I ask Krystal to do it? She deserves some slap.”

They were riding the van when Jonghyun’s phone rang. “Yeah?” It was a call from Shin Sekyung. “Right now? Araso~” He hanged up and turned to the driver. “Hyung, can you drive somewhere else? I’ll just meet someone.”

The driver and the other people didn’t say anything but just followed what he said. They dropped him off somewhere after a while.

“He really decided to go on with his own life.” Minho crossed his arms as he watched Jonghyun enter the coffee shop. “He doesn’t care about what the members can say anymore.”

“Let him be.” Onew said. “He won’t realize his fault if we pamper him or we continue nagging about what he is doing. One of the most painful things in life is realizing that you committed mistake by discovering it yourself. Let him be, although it doesn’t mean we will leave him. We are just here on his back. If he go to us crawling in sorrow and pain, we should accept him open arms and help him stand up again.” Onew put her palms on the back of his head and sat like a boss. “Why don’t we just enjoy the show he is creating in front of us? Imagine we are watching a drama featuring our Kim Jonghyun as the lead. It’s great, huh?”

The other members chuckled. “You are bad, hyung. Not because you deal with it nicely before means you can bully Jonghyun hyung just like that.” Key uttered while chuckling.

“At least I didn’t pretend I was okay then, unlike him who is being such a great actor in front of other people.”

****

“Why?” Jonghyun asked as both of them sat opposite each other in the coffee shop. “What do you want?”

“What am I to you seriously?” Sekyung asked with an eyebrow raised. “Am I some kind of girl that you can use to show to everybody you’re more than okay?” She started ing.

Jonghyun chuckled and looked away. “It surprises me how you talk just like the members. You seem to go along pretty well.”

“How dare you act this way when all that Choonhee did is to protect you?” Sekyung uttered.

Jonghyun looked at her. “Don’t talk as if you know everything.” He said.

“I might not know everything, Jonghyun, but I’m sure I know better than you do.” She replied, still an eyebrow raising. “I would have probably just stayed quiet if I saw you suffering, crying, and whining about her leaving you. But seeing you act like this, seriously Kim Jonghyun, you irritate the hell out of me!” She smacked the table angrily and looked at him. “And what the hell exactly, Jonghyunnie? You’re even using me now? What the hell!” She said, with almost smoking nose.

“Can I just leave now?” Jonghyun was irritated, too.

“I was the one who brought her to the bus station that day. She begged me to not say anything about where she was going or why she was doing that, but eventually, she left because she thought leaving can make your fans shut up.” She said.

Jonghyun was speechless.

“I was there and I even heard the fans threatening her. One of them said she’s gonna spill an acid to her face, the other even said she could just kill Choonhee to make her disappear.” Sekyung shook her head. “It wasn’t anybody’s fault anyways, but I hate how you dealt with things. You should’ve cleared everything. You should’ve viewed the situation into different perspective. Not because you got hurt means you’re the only one in pain. Little did you know, someone out there is hurting more than you are.”

 

Sekyung stood up to leave. “Please clear everything if they took a photo of us together. We’re not dating Kim Jonghyun. WE ARE NOT.” She sighed and took her bag. “I really hate to meddle with your life but I might as well tell you what I know so I won’t regret anything in the end. Song Choonhee went home to her parents in Busan. As to where exactly in there, I don’t know.” She said and immediately left.



 

(A/N: Sunday is home alone day~ Yeah, that's why I'm kind of focused in making updates~ :D Now Jonghyun, tell me, what will you do next? Tsk. Baabooo~)