How an Idol’s girlfriend feels

Dating SHINee Jonghyun is a no-no

 

(A/N: Early morning here in the Philippines. How's everybody? Here's another chapter~)



 

Jonghyun checked what time it is on his phone. It’s already 2 am in the morning and SHINee is still up doing a recording for some shows. They were in break. He rested his head and leaned in on his seat for a while and closed his eyes. They have been working the whole day and they couldn’t even get a proper rest yet, so they value the 30 minute break every now and then.

“Hyung, I feel like dying.” He turned to his side and saw his Onew hyung. He was also closing his eyes, probably resting, too.

“It will be over soon.” He said, not even looking at him. “Try not to feel exhausted. It will reflect on TV. Don’t worry, we will get to rest by 7 am later.”

“Hyung, 7 am is still 5 hours from now. I can’t even open my eyes already.”

“But the fact that we will be resting sooner or later, just hold on to that. We can do this, Jonghyun-ah~ We’ve been doing this for how many years already.”

As usual, the optimistic talk award goes to their leader, Lee Onew. He shook his head because he can’t be as optimistic as his hyung, “What even goes on your mind that you’re thinking very positive like.”

“The food that I’ll get to eat when I come home. Sooki’s smiles, hugs, and kisses when she sees me. Soojin’s nursing like care when she knows I’m exhausted.” He answered.

Right. Onew hyung’s family even gives him the inspiration to keep going. Jonghyun smiled to himself as he thinks of the possibility that he will be like his hyung, too, someday.

He went back to closing his eyes when a message was sent to his phone. He took a look at it and saw that it came from Choonhee. “Texting me at 2 am?” He was thinking why she’s even awake at that hour.

“I love you. :)”

He chuckled as he only read the 3 worded sentence on her message. She woke up 2 am in the morning just to tell him she loves him? He replied: “I love you more, but I really wonder why you are awake right now. You should sleep.”

Choonhee’s reply was received not long after he sent his message. “I tried, but I can’t put myself to sleep.”

Jonghyun checked the time and knew that they still have 15 minutes before the recording is resumed. He decided to call her and talk to her for a while.

“You should be sleeping.” He immediately said as soon as Choonhee answered his call.

“I can’t sleep. I really can’t sleep.” She said.

He doesn’t know why but an automatic smile appeared on his lips when he heard her voice. “Why?”

“Uh… Because I know you’re not sleeping, too?  How long do you still have to work before you can rest?”

“5 hours more.” He simply replied.

“Ohmy~” She exclaimed.

“And we only have 4 hours of sleep and then off to work again.”

“As much as I understand that idols really go through this kind of routine when promoting, I kinda hate the fact that you’re my boyfriend right now.” She said. “I don’t even have any single idea of how to ease your stress away. I’m sorry. I wish I could do anything.”

“Just speak.” He said and closed his eyes. “Or sing if you want.”

He was just joking but became really shocked when he heard her singing voice. It was angelic and heavenly. For him, it was the sweetest.

Choonhee sang the song Jonghyun wrote for that album. She can sing: That’s what he thought when he heard her reaching the notes properly. It isn’t the type that can compete with IU’s high notes. Comparing her voice to s’ range of voices. Hers is like Onew hyung’s calming voice that can calm your nerves down when you started hearing it. Though for him, it doesn’t sound like a lullaby because he didn’t feel asleep. It was that voice that relaxed his brain and body. Little by little, he started to gain enough energy for the next 12 hours.

“I hope you didn’t fall asleep.” Jonghyun opened his eyes when Choonhee stopped singing.

“I didn’t. Thank you. That was like an energy drink.”

She chuckled, “What energy drink are you talking about?”

The staff noona signaled them that they will continue with the recording in just a little bit.

“I need to go now.” He said to her. “But you, little girl who looks like 16, should go to sleep so you will grow. I promise I’ll take the most out of our resting time when I reached home. Sleepwell.”

“And you, old guy who acts like 16, should always remember that the little girl who looks like 16 loves you very very much. Take care, oppa. Saranghae~” She said and hanged up.

He looked at his phone one last time and smiled.

“LET’S GO!!” His scream almost made the other members jumped off of their seats in surprise.

****

It is hard being an idol’s girlfriend. Choonhee always thinks about Jonghyun not having proper rest. She wasn’t as caring as this when she was just a fan. Now she realized how being mutually attached to a person can change how she cares and concerns herself to him.

He just called her a while ago. It’s almost 3 am on the clock and she couldn’t sleep yet. She twitched and twitched but couldn’t really sleep.

She sat up and thought, “I should just make something for him.” He quickly got up and prepared something at the kitchen. Yes, she was busy making foods at around 3 am in the morning.

She fell asleep in the living area after getting the foods into the containers and putting it into the fridge for a while.

It was already 9 am when she woke up. It’s Saturday. No classes. She took a bath and fixed herself before going into the SHINee’s dorm.

She was on her way when Jonghyun texted her. “Got 3 hours of sleep. I still feel energetic.” She smiled at the thought of him texting her, but he’s already awake, though she knows 3 hours of sleep still is not enough.

“I’m in front of your door. Open it up.” Jonghyun was surprised to see her reply. He was about to make something in kitchen when he rushed to open the door for her.

“You’re here.” He said after he saw her.

“I made something for you to eat.” She looked at her. “But… are the members still sleeping? I only made this for you. I’ll cook something else for them but you should eat this first.” She said.

“They’re sleeping.” He smiled and took the foods on her hand.

Jonghyun can’t believe he was experiencing the same care he wanted to have when he saw Soojin caring for his hyung. He ate the foods hungrily as he looked at Choonhee’s back while she was cooking something for the other three members.

Choonhee approached her after she was finished. “You’ve eaten quite well.” She said as she realized the food she brought was already empty.

“You’re making me really happy.” He looked at her and gently pressed her hands. “Thank You.”

“I can only do this much.” She said.

“This is too much already.” He said.

Beyond Jonghyun’s thinking lies that he is slowly completing himself with him. He remembered what Onew hyung said… now only the hugs, smiles, and kisses from a child are missing.



 

(A/N: Out of home for a while. I will update once I get back~ Be safe everyone! Oh. And my poster request brigade is still on fire. LOL~)