What to do without you?

Dating SHINee Jonghyun is a no-no

 

“Where is Jonghyun again?” Onew asked irritatingly while they are inside the waiting area. The staff already came in asking them to prepare because they will be performing in 5 minutes.

“He came out a while ago.” Key said while still fixing his hair, “Yah, noona. You didn’t fix it right here. It doesn’t suit me, you see.” He whined to the stylist.

“I’ll call Jonghyun for a while.” Onew was about to leave when Jonghyun came in.

“I’ll just call you, okay?” Jonghyun uttered to the girl he was with and they separated ways when he was about to enter the waiting room. “Annyong, see you soon Hanji-ah.” He waved goodbye to the girl.

“Hey, Kim Jonghyun, where did you go?” Onew asked him.

“Backstage hyung.” He smiled. “I just had a little chat with the other group’s members. Did you see Shim Hanji? She’s a member of a newbie girlgroup. 20 years old. I got her number.” He chuckled.

Minho looked at Jonghyun disgustingly. “You are not dealing with the things the right way. You’re making yourself miserable, hyung.” Minho uttered.

“Shut up. I hate people who meddle too much, so stop questioning me if you don’t want us to argue.” Jonghyun said and walked pass Minho.

It has been 2 weeks already since Choonhee left. No trace of misery can be seen on Jonghyun’s face. He seemed to be enjoying himself a lot while mingling to other people, especially with girls. But other members cannot unsee the truth behind Jonghyun’s smiles, smirks, and playful actions. They know he is just trying to conceal the pain that he feels deep within.

Jonghyun didn’t go home with the members that night. He told them that he will be attending a gathering and will have few glasses of drink with them before leaving.

“You’re old enough, so you can take care of yourself now.” The manager said when Jonghyun asked permission to leave. “Just please don’t start doing random things when you’re already drunk. I don’t want you to be on newspaper the next day with a photo of you lying beside a trash can on the street.”

“If hyung goes home really drunk later, I swear he will hear something from me again.” Minho clutched his fist as 3 of them entered the dorm while Onew left to go to his house. “He is a real bastard for giving up just like that.” He faced the other two members angrily. “Did he even try to search for Choonhee and talk to her personally? Why did he believe a simple phone conversation that much? Did he really think Choonhee would feel like that?” Minho threw himself on the couch. “He is so unreasonable. He is trying to show us he’s okay but that irritates me. For once, we all know he is badly damaged.”

“We should find Choonhee then and bring her to Jonghyun-hyung.” Taemin suggested.

“I won’t help someone who doesn’t want to help himself either. Choonhee is not like your phone that we can help in finding whenever lost.” Key uttered. “We even launched a campaign against finding your lost phone, because we want you to learn by yourself.” He added.

“Should we wait until he finally arrives?” Minho asked the other two. “Well if you don’t want to wait for him, just go to sleep already. I’ll just wait for him here.”

Taemin and Key just sat on the couch beside him. “Leaving both of you alone will not be a good idea.” Ket said.

“Somebody needs to be a referee if ever a fight arises.” Taemin said. They switched on the television and watched late night shows while waiting for Jonghyun.

3 hours later, Jonghyun finally arrived home. Of course, he’s drunken.

They all stood up when they heard a sound of a large falling object coming from the door. They rushed only to find that it was not an object. It’s Kim Jonghyun, the stupid human being.

“YAH. Kim Jonghyun.” Key helped him up and led him inside. Taemin helped as well, but Minho just looked at what is happening in front of him.

“You one miserable person.” Minho said in conviction. Taemin and Key looked at him worriedly, while Jonghyun stayed looking at the floor, smirking. “It’s funny how stupid you look just now.”

Jonghyun stood up, almost falling at first and held Minho in his collars. “Hey, is that how you talked to hyung, Minho-yah? Don’t scare me with your height. I can punch you anytime if I want to.” Jonghyun said angrily.

“I don’t even want to look at you as a hyung. You are stupid. BA-BO.” The other two members were shocked as Jonghyun’s fist landed on Minho’s face. He collapsed because of the force coming from Jonghyun, but stayed composed and helped himself up. Standing rightful again, it was Minho’s time to grab Jonghyun in one hand and punch him on the face.

“Yah! Yah! Yah!” Key shouted and he went in the center to stop the two of them. Meanwhile, Taemin quickly grabbed his phone to call Onew-hyung, the only one person who has the ability to lead the other four members.

“You are really stupid, Kim Jonghyun. You are not even trying to get Choonhee back! Stupid!” Minho shouted.

“You, babo! How can I ask a person to comeback if she said she’s tired and sick of me already?!” Jonghyun shouted back. “It’s not like you know the whole story, babo.”

“You’re just afraid to hear she doesn’t love you anymore.” Minho uttered. “You stopped fighting because you’re afraid to finally realize she has no love for you anymore. Did you even try contacting her again? Did you even try to ask anyone about her whereabouts? Did you even stop for a while to think if what she said on the phone is all true? YOU DID NOT. You didn’t because you’re afraid the results won’t go on your way. You are the one being selfish and self centered here. You are exactly how you act when we play videogames together. When you see unclear chance of winning, you throw the joystick and quit without seeing the final results. You are a coward, KIM JONGHYUN. A real coward.”

“Bull!” Jonghyun tried to stand up and was about to punch Minho again when Onew rushed inside and pulled Jonghyun’s sleeves. He fell to the couch and Onew pushed Minho from his chest.

“Kids, what is wrong with you seriously?” He’s not mad at all. Onew’s eyes were questioning instead of arguing. Out of all the 5 people in the room, only he was composed and calm. Minho and Jonghyun are angry, Key and Taemin looked scared.

“Minho-ah.” Onew looked at him. “As much as I know you have the best point, you must not talk to him like that. He is your hyung, someone who is older than you. You should give him respect all the time. Be it in the times that he is right, or even the times that he is committing mistakes.” Minho bowed his head and reflected on his wrong.

“But I won’t apologize, Onew hyung.” He said.

“I’m not asking you to apologize. I just want you to reflect on those things and try not to do it again, even with the other members.”

Minho nodded and Onew looked at Jonghyun this time. “And you, Kim Jonghyun.”

Jonghyun let out a loud “pfft”.

“Don’t hate me but I’m just telling the truth: It is really tiring dealing with you. I gave you options of what you should do but you didn’t follow any of it. Worse, you chose to do the thing that I really believe is the worst decision that you did in your life. I don’t care anymore if you continue living like that or what, but let me just say this: You can conceal the pain to everyone else, but not with us. We clearly see how you die inside, and we will never buy your fake smiles and pretentious friendliness.”

 

Onew looked at both members, and then he looked at the other two. “Help these two get rid of the bruises. If it’s possible, make it gone by tomorrow because we still have schedules.” Then he turned to the other 2 members, JongHo, again. “If I see other bruises aside from those by tomorrow morning, I swear you wouldn’t want to see Onew hyung get angry again.” He said in finality and left the members.



 

(A/N: Am I right to say Onew really has the right to fix things within members? Or am I just being biased that way? LOL... But seriously, Jonghyun and Minho freak me out... Waiting for your comments now. :D)