Us Against the World

Dating SHINee Jonghyun is a no-no

 

Jonghyun and Taemin were sleeping soundly when Jong’s phone rang. He was too lazy to get up but had to do it in case it’s Choonhee who was calling. He looked at his phone and went back to sleep when he saw Onew’s name on the screen. He just covered his ears with pillow so he won’t hear the ringing.

“Hyung~ Your phone.” Taemin said with a sleepy voice. He turned to the other direction. “Answer it now. It’s too loud I can’t sleep.” He whined.

“It’s just hyung~” Jonghyun said. “Bugging off when I want to sleep all day” He lazily turned to the side table and took his phone. “Hyung~ I’m still sleepy.~” He said after answering Onew’s call.

“Hey~ Why are you still sleeping? It’s already 10 am, pabo~ wake up.”

“It has been a long time since we last slept long enough. Please hyung, let me sleep.”

“Aren’t you going to pick Choonhee up? She’ll be out 2 hours from now.”

“She called and told me she’ll be late because it’s her class’ graduation tomorrow. We’ll just see each other later this afternoon.” He said.

“Get up. Fix yourself and let’s go.” Onew said with conviction. “Go somewhere with me.”

“Hey hyung~ Please. I told you I’m still sleeping.” He protested.

“Once I get there and you’re still on your bed, I’ll throw you to the bathroom. I’m not joking.” Onew said and quickly hanged up.

Since his phone was on the loudspeaker, Taemin was able to hear it. “Just get up, hyung. You don’t want Onew hyung to use his involuntary strength to you for the first time. Being thrown to the bathroom hurts a lot. Believe me, he did that to me a lot of times already.” He said while still closing his eyes.

Jonghyun couldn’t do anything but get up from his bed and take a bath. “Aish hyung… why me?!” He shouted while lazily going to the bathroom.

One hour after and Onew was already at the dorm.

“Hey, seriously, hyung. I haven’t eaten yet.” Jonghyun said. He was in the kitchen preparing for their breakfast because the other members were still fast asleep. “It’s rest day, thanks to Soojin, but please, can we enjoy this to the fullest?” He complained.

“I can enjoy this rest day to the fullest by staying at home, but I don’t think you have the right to enjoy resting.” Onew said seriously. Jonghyun looked at him weirdly. “I suggest you to eat fast because you don’t want to miss something really important.”

“Hey, hyung. You are making me nervous.” Jonghyun uttered.

****

“Why are we here? Did something happen to Choonhee?” Jonghyun asked when Onew stopped not far away from the school. “And why do we stop here?”

“Keep your eyes on that direction and don’t ever look away.” He said while looking at the front gate where people go out from the school.

“What’s wrong?” Jonghyun said but followed what his hyung has instructed. He looked at the gate.

Few minutes after and they saw Choonhee coming out. “Wait, I thought she’s going to be late?” Jonghyun frowned as she saw getting Choonhee getting out. “Hyung, is she cheating on me?”

Onew chuckled sarcastically, “It’s even worse than you can imagine.”

Choonhee successfully got out of the school. They saw her looking around before walking ahead. She was just few steps away from the gate when an egg was thrown at her back.

“!” Jonghyun shouted and was about to open the door when Onew stopped him.

“Stay still.” He said and put down the glass mirror beside Jonghyun.

“Hey !!” 5-6 girls immediately gathered around Choonhee. “Here’s for you!” They started pulling her hair while pouring flour all over her.

“BULL.” Jonghyun got really angry but Onew forced him to stay.

“Stop it Jonghyun. You’ll make things worse if you appear right in front of them!” Onew shouted.

“But she’s being bullied by those bull fans!” Jonghyun shouted back. “How can I stay still?!”

They were arguing when 2-3 huge men came and stopped the girls. “Hey! Do you want me to call the police?!” One of the men shouted and the fans quickly flew off running. One of them gave Choonhee a handkerchief to wipe her face and immediately covered her ripped clothes with blanket.

Jonghyun saw how badly hurt Choonhee was from a far. He wanted to rush on her side and tear the fangirls’ faces. They were looking at the scene when Onew’s phone rang.

“Mr. Lee, we just arrived on time. She’s on our hands now and we’ll bring her safe to your house.” It was one of the three men who came to help Choonhee.

“Thank you very much, sir.” He said and hanged up. He turned to Jonghyun who was looking sharply on an empty space. “That was the very thing that I want you know that’s why I brought you here.” He said seriously. “Soojin said that has been happening for days already, and Choonhee wasn’t telling you anything because she doesn’t want to worry you.”

“I want to kill those people.” Jonghyun uttered and let out another curse.

“You should act accordingly. Whatever you do will have a big effect on how people will treat Choonhee. Don’t let your angry drag Choonhee to the worse.” Onew suggested. “This hard, Jonghyun. This is very serious especially now that they are even attacking Choonhee. They have the courage to do that because they know Choonhee won’t complain and fight back. They have a power over her because she is a part of their fandom. If you don’t handle this accordingly, things will be worst and Choonhee will be the one greatly affected.” He gently patted Jonghyun’s arm. “If you need anything, Soojin and I are just here to help you. The other members are there for you, too.”

****

“I am going to be your cook for tonight.” Choonhee happily entered SHINee’s dorm.

“Yes! Cook a lot, Choonhee-ah!” Minho shouted with pure energy. He was playing video games with Taemin.

Jonghyun silently stood up and took the ingredients from her. She smiled and Jonghyun smiled back. Both of them went to the kitchen.

“Where’s Key?” She asked when she noticed Key wasn’t around.

“He is shopping alone.” He answered and sat on a seat in the dining table. He faced Choonhee who was currently preparing the ingredients.

Choonhee noticed after a while Jonghyun’s presence on her back. She looked at him and smiled, “Oppa~ you should do other things while I cook. Staying like this will just bore you.” She said.

“Seeing my future wife’s back as she cooks is never a boring sight.” Jonghyun uttered.

Choonhee blushed but pretended to snub Jonghyun. “How sure are you that I will be your wife?” She asked.

“I don’t know.” He said which made Choonhee looked at him. “What I’m sure about is… the only person that I want to marry is you. If it’s not you, then it cannot be anyone else, too.”

Choonhee flashed a smile and went back to cooking.

Jonghyun was staring at his girlfriend’s wife. She’s too beautiful, and he couldn’t accept the fact that he just saw how badly she was hurt just a while ago. He hated that sight. All he wants to see is Choonhee’s happy and beautiful smile. He stood up, walked towards Choonhee and hugged him tightly from her back. He placed his head on top of her shoulder, leaning closer that he almost buried his face on her neck.

“You’re acting weirdly.” Choonhee smiled and gently patted his head with her hand. “Is there anything wrong? Is something troubling you?”

“Shouldn’t I be the one asking you those things?” He said gently. “Choonhee-ah… why can’t you trust me these things? I need to know them, too. Don’t carry everything all by yourself.” He said. “I saw how they treated you just a while ago. I want to kill them all.” He said.

“Hey, oppa~” She tried to face him but Jonghyun stayed with the same position.

“I don’t want to see you cry, but I want to be there in the times that you need me the most. Let’s stay this way, and please tell me everything. I want to hear it.” Jonghyun begged.

That was the time when Choonhee started to cry hard. She broke down and cried hard, Jonghyun was the one capable enough to support her back so she won’t collapse. Jonghyun was crying, too, but he tried to stay composed because he’s giving all the time to Choonhee.

“I’m sorry, Choonhee. I am really sorry…” Jonghyun uttered repeatedly. “I promise this will be over soon. Please just hold on. I promise I won’t let this thing happen again.”

Minho and Taemin peeped in from the kitchen entrance and saw the two. They looked each other and felt sad, too. They knew something was up.

 

“Okay Taemin. I admit to be defeated. Now let’s turn that off and give the two some peace and silence.” Minho uttered and patted his dongsaeng.



 

(A/N: *sings* Us against the world... you and me against them now~~ LOL. I don't even know if that was the real lyrics. Anyways ~ Guys. I really appreciate your comments ! Whooo. Keep them coming!! Allow me to praise my work for just few seconds... This chapter is so sweett~ okay done. what about you?? :D)