The day he met that woman again.

Dating SHINee Jonghyun is a no-no

 

“Auntie… are you awake now?” Choonhee opened her eyes as she heard Sooki’s voice from outside. She stretched her body and recalled last night’s events.

Yeah… I almost forgot I am in Lee’s house. She slept really comfortably last night that she almost forgot it was a different room and bed. She sat down and smiled.

“Auntie~~” Sooki called again. She checked herself in the mirror and opened the door.

“Good morning Sooki!” She said as she opened the door.

“Good morning auntie! The breakfast is ready! Umma said we won’t eat until you come down! Let’s go!” She said happily.

“Oh sure baby. Auntie will just brush her teeth in a short while. Okay? I’ll make it really really fast!” She ran outside to brush her teeth really really fast. She was prepared in just a minute. She was still wearing her pajamas when she came down with Sooki. But she regretted it. She regretted not changing clothes when she realized all the members were gathered in the dining area and was only waiting for her.

“Finally she came down! I’m really hungry!” Minho sighed in relief when he saw Sooki and Choonhee coming down from the stairs together.

“Pssst!” Jonghyun called Minho’s attention. “You’re too noisy, pabo.” He said.

“Choonhee is such a fashionista.” Key uttered and he and Taemin laughed. “I didn’t know she’s addicted to tweety as much as Onew hyung is addicted to chicken.”

Choonhee was wearing a pajama pants with patterned Tweety faces and an oversized tshirt with a big tweety image on the front.

She bit her lips when she realized she was displaying her lame fashion orientation to the trend setters of Korea. She almost wanted to cover herself and be buried on the ground right when she saw all eyes fixed on her.

“She’s cute.” Jonghyun uttered and looked at Taemin beside him. “Hey, move to the other chair. Choonhee will sit there.” Taemin shrugged his shoulder and stood up without complaining.

She sat beside Jonghyun in embarrassment. “I look like a mess.” She whispered.

“I like that I’m seeing how you actually look when you just got up from bed.” He took her plate and put varieties of food there for her to eat. “Your messy updo hair, your bare face with no trace of makeup, even powder, your oversized tshirt, and your cute pants… those make me even excited to be your husband in the near future.” He smiled. “Eat all of these.” He placed her plate back in front of her.

****

Jonghyun excused himself for a while during the break of recording because he was going to give a call to Choonhee. He ended up the conversation with her after 5 minutes and was about to go back when someone very familiar crossed ways with him.

“Jonghyun-ah.” Shin Sekyung smiled widely after seeing Jonghyun.

To give respect to a person, Jonghyun smiled back and greeted her, “Annyonghasaeyo, Shin Se Kyun-ssi.” It was rather a formal greeting.

“How are you?”

“I’m good. Better than ever.” He simply said. “You see, I’m sorry but I have to go now. It’s nice seeing you again.” He half smiled and was about to leave when Sekyung suddenly took hold of his hand.

“Jonghyun-ah, let’s talk for a while.” She said.

Jonghyun looked at her, down to her hands that are holding his. He slowly slid his hands off but Sekyung initiated to take it back to her grip.

“Have you seen the interview?” She said with uncertainty on his face.

“I didn’t.” He replied. “But I somehow know what it was all about.”

“All I said there are true.” Sekyung admitted and walked even closer to Jonghyun. “I know it is weird to ask you for getting back together because we never really got together but I don’t know… I can’t seem to get you out of my head these days. This is embarrassing of me confessing first but… can we try it this time for real?”

“Eh?!” He wasn’t surprise but he wasn’t even amused of what she said.

“This is shocking but… I really want to at least know how it feels to be your real girlfriend. At first I thought I can let it pass when people tell me how lucky I am to have you, but as time passes by and I see you on television. I started wondering if we could ever be together.”

“Are you trying to use the news before to get me?” It was kind of rude, but he didn’t like the idea that Sekyung was making nonsensical news by herself. “That issue made you even more popular. Do you have anything you want again so you’re doing this?”

“No, Jonghyun.” Sekyung denied. “I am really doing this because… because… because I like you.” She sighed and smiled at him. “Don’t you like me, too?”

“No.” Jonghyun answered in a very straightforward way.

“If it’s about the SHINee dating ban… I swear I’m willing to make the relationship secret. I’ll keep this to myself until you decide to reveal it yourself.”

“I’m sorry.” Jonghyun really took off his hand from her grip this time. “But I’m not really interested.” He smiled at her, “Now if you may please excuse me.”

“Is it because of that girl? You and she are probably dating.” Sekyung.

“So what?”

“Why don’t you choose properly Jonghyun?”

“In my eyes, Song Choonhee is the prettiest, iest, smartest, kindest, sweetest and all the most. You can’t argue back anymore.” He said and left without waiting for what she got to say.

“That girl.” Sekyung whispered to herself and left in a bad mood.