Who’s prettier then?

Dating SHINee Jonghyun is a no-no

 

Jonghyun’s nightmare has come to reality. That afternoon, Choonhee was sitting on the couch, answering every call that she was receiving.

“Thank you for the offering sir. I’ll think about it.” She kept on uttering the same line to every person that was calling.

“Aigoo~ You might want to take your phone off, Choonhee-ah.” Soojin said and placed the glasses of juice on the center table at the living area. “You’ll be tired answering all the calls.”

“But they will just keep on calling until I answer it. I might as well talk to them.” She reasoned out.

“Have you accepted any offer?”

“I don’t know~ It will be too rude to just turn it down when I really feel overwhelmed of them calling to me. Like unnie, I know you feel this before, too. I feel so flattered right now.” She smiled.

Soojin held her hand and smiled. “I know that feeling. It’s when you suddenly felt like you just discovered something more beautiful in you. You’ll realize you are worth looking at, and somewhere along the line you can be proud of yourself physically, too. I never had any confidence before, but when I was called for a music video, and other endorsement suddenly flooded me out, I gained confidence. That’s when I learn I have all the reasons to make Onew proud of me.”

“It’s a great feeling, right, unnie?”

“Yes it is. It is very satisfying~” Soojin drank a little of her juice. “But sometimes we girls overthink too much.” She said. “I remember how I tried so much proving myself to Onew. I tried hard to make him proud of me, but I ended up making him feel bad. I realized that when a person won’t really love you unless he had accepted all the flaws and imperfections that you have.” She sighed. “He cannot not be proud of you if he really loves you.”

Choonhee looked at her unnie who was speaking seriously.

“If I am to give you an advice, it is to always consider Jonghyun’s feelings before deciding on something. It’s not necessary to ask him if he wants this or not. You can feel what he wants by merely looking at him, observing where or when he feels good about anything. The love both of you has for each other give you the connection. This connection allows you to communicate, without having to say the words out. Do you ever experience that moment when Jonghyun just looked at you, and suddenly you feel really really loved?”

She nodded. “Often times, when he’s being so silent.”

“That’s the connection. He doesn’t need to say it. Just one look and he can make you feel his love.” She chuckled. “You will never hurt each other’s feelings if both of you take some time to feel each other. You can be insensitive to everybody, but you can never do it to the person you really love.”  

****

“Unnie~ What do you mean 2 of my photoshoots are in the verge of being cancelled?” Shin Se Kyung uttered as her manager was talking. “You mean they are planning to withdraw the endorsement?”

“Have you heard the newbie model in the industry? They are actually paying attention to that newbie. I looked at her photos. She’s beautiful, though.” Her manager admitted.

“Why are they even refusing me for a newbie?” She let out a loud “pfft.”

“Because fresh faces are more preferred these days, darling.” She said. “Wait, should we change your image? What image should we portray now? How about boyish?”

“Aish, unnie! Stop it!” She said in annoyance. “Can I see that girl’s face? Let me know if she’s worth the attention she’s gaining.”

“Wait. I think I bought that photo magazine.” She searched her bag and found the magazine. “Here.”

Sekyung took the magazine and flipped over the pages. She was even surprised when she recognized the face. “This is Song Choonhee.” She uttered in conviction. Sekyung stood up and throw the magazine on the floor. She left without any warning. Her manager didn’t have any single idea of where she was going.

She went to the school but Choonhee wasn’t there. Using her skills as an actress, she successfully got her cellphone number from one of choonhee’s co-teachers.

“Hey, Song Choonhe. It’s me again.” Sekyung said as soon as she answered. “If you don’t meet me again then I’ll announce to everybody that you are Kim Jonghyun’s girlfriend.”

****

For the 2nd time, Choonhee found herself facing the same face. She smiled although she didn’t feel like doing so. It is the greatest way to hide her annoyance to the person opposite hers.

“I can’t believe you didn’t just steal Jonghyun away from me. You’re even stealing my work.” Sekyung said in a really pissed off manner. “What are you trying to prove, Choonhee?”

“I am not stealing anything from you, Shin Sekyung-ssi.” She corrected.

She mentioned the two endorsement that were about to cancel their deal with her company. Choonhee remembered that those labels called her already.

“Don’t worry. They won’t withdraw the deal with you.” She smiled.

“And how sure are you about that?”

“I rejected the offer.” She announced.

“What?! You rejected?” She’s not thankful about the news at all. It was rather a hit on her pride as a famous model and star. She couldn’t accept the fact that she’s going to continue that endorsement just because she refused to do it.

“I realized I don’t need to prove myself to other people. The only person that I want to please right now is Jonghyun. I remembered how he clearly told me that he will only be allowing me to do that certain photo magazine. After that is no more. I’m contented right now just being with him. I don’t need to be a star, or to be someone popular. Being number one in Jonghyun’s heart is what makes me really fulfilled.” She stood up and lent her hand to her while smiling genuinely. “I have to admit I got really irritated and pissed off to you. I even felt insecurities the moment you announced your interest to get him back. But I realize what is important in the end is who will Jonghyun choose. Not being sarcastic are hypocritical, I am really overwhelmed that someone like you actually paid interest to me.” She smiled and took her hand back when she realized Sekyung didn’t have any plan of shaking hands with her. “I just hope Sekyung-unnie will find someone that is really suited for her beauty. But I suggest you to keep smiling. It’s the greatest makeup a girl could wear to look pretty.” She started walking away when Sekyung called her out.

“Song Choonhee.” She stood up and looked at her. “I am finally getting why Jonghyun chose you over me.” She smiled. “But I suggest you to try modeling at times. You can project really well.”