Chapter 9 - What do we do?

I Remember You

A/N: Please comment and tell me what you think :D Any mistakes let me know too :D!! Your comments really make my day!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Fixing my hair in my room's mirror. Yes. I'm vain sue me for caring how I look. I took out my notebook and started arranging the puzzle pieces that I had.

Finally done hours later, I looked through the lyrics again. Scanning and searching for anything else that I felt I could improve on. Stifling a yawn, I stretched my stiff back muscles from sitting down too long and checked my bedside clock.

Woah! It's already past 2 a.m.! I should get some sleep now.

Looking at my phone as I got into bed, I remembered my note with Jin Kyung and decided to drop a message.

A few second later, I heard my text ringtone.

Grabbing it from the bedside table I opened the text. < Cool, I'll bring my laptop and we'll work on it after class on Monday :) ...you're free after class right? >

Laughing out loud to myself. For some strange reason it felt like I could hear Jin Kyung talking to me in person as I read her text.

<Yeah, I'm free after class :) Remember to wear the scarf I passed you okay!>

<Ne, Omma~ I'll wear the scarf :) It is okay if I hold onto it though? Do you have another scarf to use? It's really cold out recently. Ommo, I feel bad now T_T...>

<Yah Jin Kyung ah! Relax!! Breathe! It's okay if you hold onto it. I have another one with me. Don't feel bad :) I just didn't want you to feel cold ;) *goosebumps aren't attractive you know> I texted back, unable to resist teasing her at the last bit.

<Meanie Jin Young! I do not have goosebumps that often. Okay...maybe I do since I'm always cold but still! You don't have to put it that way >.< Hmph. I might not bring my laptop to school now. Good night>

< I'm sorry Jin Kyung!! Please bring you music~ Please TwT I was wrong to make fun of you>

<Mehrong~ I'm just kidding :) I'm going to sleep now. Goodnight Jin Young >She texted back. Laughing as I shook my head, she certainly got me fooled.

<Good night Jin Kyung, see you at school on monday> I texted back. My heart ached slightly as a past image of my Jin Kyung flashed in my mind. We used to share beds when we were kids...we would always talk into the night until we were too tired and eventually fell asleep. A little older, I would always wait for her to fall asleep before I slept.

I wanted to look at her peaceful sleeping expression before I closed my eyes. I admit, I sound a little stalkerish there but she really is my everything. All my childhood memories were all with her. No one else.

In a way, we belonged to each other even without realising it...

Inhaling and exhaling deeply. I needed to clear my mind. At this rate...if I keep on reminescing about my Jin Kyung I wouldn't be able to sleep.

Monday

Waking up to my alarm clock ringing. I cursed myself for being such a light sleeper. *I’m definitely not a morning person* I groaned as I forced myself out of bed.

I always wondered how it would feel to just sleep through all the alarm clock ringings. But no, all it takes for me to wake up is a simple thrill noise and at most a few nudges to my shoulder.

Getting ready, I made sure to have my notebook in my bag as went through my morning routine. Walking down to the dining room, Omma had the usual breakfast spread of rice, soup and some side dishes on the table.

"Morning Omma" I said as I sat down.

"Aish, you youngsters these days. It's GOOD MORNING to you." Omma shook her head in mock dismay. "What happened to the 'good' Jin Young?"

Laughing "good is still asleep omma" I joked back as I took a bite from my rice. Giving up, Omma sat down and eat as she shook her head laughing softly to herself.

Finishing breakfast, I took my stuff and kissed my mom on the cheek as I headed out the door.

Wrapping my grey scarf around my neck, I could see my breath in white puffs before me. *Shouldn't it be spring soon? I hope it warms up sooner* I thought to myself. I hope that Jin Kyung wears the scarf today.

*************

"Morning Jin Young" I heard Jin Kyung's voice from beside me. I didn't have to see her to know it was her.

"Good morning Jin Kyung" I smiled to her, my heart secretly happy that she was wearing my scarf. The red fabric wrapped around her delicate neck and covering the bottom half of her face.

Seeing her in the morning really made my day. *The day I ask you if you're her...please be the Jin Kyung that I know...* I silently wished to myself.

If it's not her...I would really need to separate myself from her. I can't get close to her just because she reminds me of my first love...It's not fair to either one of us...

All throughout school, the only thing I could feel was how time passed so slowly. As I took down notes, answered questions and got called up to read. Everything went by as if in slow motion. I couldn't wait for school to end so that Jin Kyung and I could get things started.

*Finally* I thought to myself as the last bell rang, signalling the end of the school day. Everyone got up quickly to make plans to go out or to go home together.

"Where should we go to talk about the song?" Jin Kyung asked once the classroom was relatively empty.

"How about the classroom by the garden?" I recommended. That area of school is quite deserted and no one would be around to try and eavesdrop to steal our song.

"Lead the way then" She responded cutely.

Laughing, "You wouldn't want to say that to me out on the streets. I have a horrible sense of direction" I confessed as we walked down the hallways.

"Really?" Jin Kyung asked with an eyebrow raised.

"I'm serious" I smiled as I opened the door to the classroom.

"Alright let's get started" she smiled back as she took a seat and take out her lap top. "How about you sing to me what you planned for your lyrics?"

Nodding I proceeded to take out my notebook. Doing some vocal warm-ups as I flipped to the page. For some strange reason I felt more nervous than I should be. Is it because Jin Kyung is here? No, I shouldn't think about that. I should just sing to the best of my ability. Singing the first note, I felt a little shaky. I had written a ballad unknowingy, writing about how I remembered her, how my heart felt like it was dying without her.

"So what do you think?" I asked after singing, her eyes were closed as she swayed to my singing.

"Ommo, are you crying?" I said stunned when I saw her opening her eyes. They were misty and it looked as if tears was about to come running down her cheeks. "I'm sorry. I-I didn't mean to make you cry..." I said panicked and flustered.

"N-no, no it's okay" she smiled, causing the tears to fall anyway. "You sang with so much emotion it made me feel this way" Jin Kyung explained. Slapping my arm playfully "Be glad you're able to sing so well Jin Young-ah."

Wiping her tears, she passed me her headphones and plugged it into her laptop. Sniffling "Jin Young-ah it might not be what you expect...seeing that your song is a ballad. Don't turn it down immediately but just listen to the beats and tell me what your ears think"

I was really tempted to wipe the tears away with my thumb when I saw it gliding down her cheek. Taking her headphones, I wondered what she meant when she said it might not be what I expect...

Putting on the headphones, Jin Kyung looked at me and said "Let me know if you want it louder"

Nodding, I gave her thumbs up to signal I was ready.

The first thing I heard was a drum beat followed by electronic beats. Just going by my ears, the drum beat was catchy and coupled with the electronic beats. It felt like I was being led in by the music. It was infectious and fun...a big contrast to my own version.

What are we going to do?