Chapter 58 - How could I forget?

I Remember You

Jin Kyung’s POV:

Closing the door behind her, my Omma left her luggage by the doorway and came up to me for a hug.

Squeezing the air out of me “I missed you baby!” she cooed as she swung me left and right.

“Can’t breathe” I croaked after it seemed like she wasn’t letting me go.

Loosening her grip, “Aigoo, you don’t know how much I missed you” my Omma swung me left and right.

“I missed you too Omma” I smiled at how silly my Omma as acting. She left for US because she missed Appa but she’s back because she misses me?

“But I need to get going for school” I said quietly. “I’ll see you later when I get back alright?”

“Arrasso, I don’t pay for your education for you to skip it” She smiled.

Making our way to the bus stop, Jin Young’s hand interlaced with mine. “I’ll miss being able to see you first thing in the morning when I woke up”

Blushing slightly, I didn’t want to admit it either. I liked waking up and seeing his peaceful expression.

I hated him slightly for getting me used to sleeping next to him in bed, being able to wrap my arms around him and the warmth that emitted from him.

“I hate you” I muttered slightly.

Laughing in surprise “What? Why?” He asked.

“For getting me used to sharing the same bed with you” I looked at him spitefully.

“You’re going to miss it too?” He laughed at me as he pulled me into his arms.

“I never said that” I said flatly.

“Of course you didn’t” I could hear his light chuckles rumbling from his chest.

-

Going to the music club after class, I picked up the events calendar from Jae Hwa who thankfully did not ask about my phone number. I received a text not long after I left the club.

“Jin kyung, could you wait for me by the school entrance? We can go home together.  I’m in class packing up my things, I’ll be there in five minutes”

I smiled as I read the text.

Seeing his figure down the hallway in exactly five minutes later, I waved at him and he smiled widely as he waved back.

“Let’s go” He said as he rests his arm around my shoulder, guiding me as he pushed the door open.

Taking the usual route back, we were walking until Jin Young started laughing.

“What’s so funny?” I frowned at him.

“Jagiya, you do know that we just went past your house right?” He said after holding back his laughter.

Turning back, I face palmed when I saw that we were a few houses away from mine and a couple more to his home.

“Now I really know how much you’ll miss sleeping next to me if you can forget about your own home like that” his laughter came back.

Lowering my head in embarrassment, how could I forget about my house like that?!

“Jin Kyung” I heard him calling me.

Looking up, I felt his lips pressing against mine. Closing my eyes, I relaxed into his kisses as one arm went around me and pulled me closer while his other hand caressed my cheek.

With Jin Young pulling away, I felt disappointed that it ended so soon and I could only stare into his eyes while my heart was beating like a drum in my chest. *How does he manage to always make me feel like this with every kiss we share?* I wondered.

Holding my shoulders, Jin Young stretched slightly to kiss my forehead. Sliding his hands down my arms, he backtracked and led me back until we were by the gate of my home.

“We’re here” he said, looking as if he was trying hard not to laugh.

“ Ha ha ha, very funny” I rolled my eyes while taking out my keys to open the gate. “I’ll be back later to pick up my stuff.”

– Fast forward –

Seasons changing into autumn, I had managed to have a few of my songs selected and sung on events.

Meaning that there were a few more occasions where I had to go up on stage to introduce myself and explain my song.

Things had gotten so busy until I had forgotten something important.

Saturday

“Noona” I heard a cheerful voice waking me up from my sleep. *Noona?* I thought.

*But I don’t have a younger brother and I don’t know that many guys that actually call me Noona…* I thought groggily as I turned away from the source of the voice.

“Aish, wake up Noona please?” I hear the voice whine along with approaching footsteps followed by a hand on my shoulder shaking me and trying to wake me up.

“Who is it” my voice came up muffled as I spoke through my blanket.

“It’s me Gong Channie” the voice sounded even more cheerful.

Jumping awake “What the heck are you doing in my house and in my room?!” I pulled the covers over me.

“It’s part of Jin Young’s surprise for your birthday today!”

“It’s my birthday today?” I asked him.

“Noona! How could you forget the day that you’re born on?” Gong Chan exclaimed.

“I remember the date that I’m born on. I just don’t know when it is” I rubbed my eyes sleepily.

“Well it’s today!!” Gong Chan clapped. “And I need to help you in getting ready for what Jin Young has in store for you!!”

“What does he have in store for me?” I asked.

“It’s for me to know and you to find out later!” The cute as a puppy maknae gave me a wink. “Ah! And hyung said to wear the blue dress that he got you a few months back.”

Coming to a sudden stop by my bathroom door with an incredulous expression on “Are you serious? He wants me to wear that dress?”

“I’m just repeating what Hyung said Noona” Gong Chan said as he rocked back and forth on his feet.

“Fine” I huffed as I went to my wardrobe and dug out the hanger. It was easy to find because those were the only dresses hanging from the rack in my wardrobe.

“Hyung says not to forget the high heels” Gong Chan added.

“I’ll get it later Gong Chan, my shoes are all downstairs” I said from the bathroom. *I can’t believe that Jin Young is doing this to me on my birthday*

Showering, brushing my teeth and everything else including putting on makeup. I finally emerged from the bathroom.

“Wow Noona, you’re looking amazing! I can see why Jin Young Hyung told me that you must wear this before leaving the house” Gong Chan said wide eyed as he held out a stylish trench coat that would reach just above my knees.

Putting it on, I buttoned it up and head downstairs with Gong Chan following me.

At my dining table was my Omma with a wide grin on her face as she saw me coming up to the table.

“Read the card he has for you dear” She said as she took a bite of her breakfast.

Picking it up,

Morning Jagiya! I hope you weren’t too surprised with Channie waking you up. I need to attend to the surprise that I have in store for you. Channie will be with you as you leave your house to the next checkpoint where someone else will guide you to the next place :)

                                                                                                - Your loving boyfriend, Jin Young

“There’s going to be 5 checkpoints in total?!” I exclaimed.

“That’s correct” Gong Chan chirped as he snacked on a few stuff on the table.

Once we were done with breakfast, Gong Chan handed me a small shoulder bag that I never had. “This is my birthday gift to you Noona! All your stuff is already inside so you can’t reject it” He said mischievously.

“Aish, you’re getting just as sneaky as Jin Young” I shook my head at the questionable influence that Jin Young has over him.

Heading out with Gong Chan, he brought me down a route that was very familiar and we took a bus service that was really familiar as well…

“Gong Chan, are we going to school?” I asked him.

“I can’t answer anything related to where we’re going” He answered sing-songly.

Reaching the school gates, we showed our student pass and the security guard let us in. Stopping me at the school entrance, Gong Chan passed me an envelope. Opening it, the card inside read;

“Clue number one, you will find your first half of the clue to your next destination in the room that we go to almost every day.”

“The room that we always go to every day?” I thought out loud. “Our homeroom?” was my first answer.

“If you think that’s the place then you should go see if you’re correct” Gong Chan simply smiled at me.

Going there, I wondered where to look for my next clue. Looking at the empty room, I saw a piece of paper on Jin Young’s table.

Walking over, I saw that it was a handwritten letter from Jin Young.


Happy Chuseok everybody!!!!!

I'm so sorry for the incredibly slow updates and thank you soooooo much for being patient with me!!

i hope you enjoy this chapter even though its kinda brief, I needed to fast forward time and get the story moving.

To Koreans this day is Chuseok but to Chinese it's Zhong Qiu jie = Mid Autumn festival!!

Well, regardless of its name, I had soo much fun with my family today!! XD

Okay, enough of my boring author's note^^ Do leave your comments!! I love reading it and even though I'm unable to reply back at the current moment, I will when I can :)

With love,

Violynn 30/09/2012