Chapter 29 - Fear of falling?

I Remember You

“Let’s go on a date!” I smiled after our kiss ended.

“Omonah! Now?”  She replied back stunned.

“No not know Jin Kyung, on the coming Saturday” I answered. “I didn’t know you wanted to date me so badly though” teasing her just a little…I couldn’t help myself.

Lightly hitting me because she didn’t have a response for me, I caught her hand after letting myself get hit a few times and drew her closer.

Gently wrapping my arms around her, I had never felt so alive before…*I’m alive only when you’re around…for the first time, I really feel like I’m living life….Jagiya…If only you know how much you mean to me*

“I love you Jin Kyung” I whispered to her, my heart beating strongly in my chest.

Locking her arms around my waist, she whispered back “I-I love you Jin Young“ as she leaned her forehead against my chest. Looking down, I saw that her ears turned red. I’m guessing that her face is like a tomato now…

I wanted to be a good boyfriend and just let the moment happen but…I really want to see her face that’s as red as a tomato…

Pulling away, I held her chin with one hand before I gently caressed her cheeks. Repeating “I love you” over and over again.

“You’re so mean!” she suddenly yelled, turning around and covering her face.

“Wae?” I asked gently. “I’m confessing to you how much I really love you–”

“That’s the thing! Those three words are making my heart pound so fast and wildly in my ribcage, it almost feels as if I’m having a heart attack!”

Chuckling back, “what makes you think you’re the only one who feels that way?” I smiled as I took her hand and placed it over my heart, letting her feel how I felt right now. “The feeling is mutual”

Gently withdrawing her hand, she looked down shyly and murmured “It is but we still need to get home Mr. Mutual feelings” her ears were totally red as if they were on fire. I really hate it when she hides herself in embarrassment; I want to see her expression so much that it’s ridiculous.

But I know better than to force her to look at me; I don’t want her to remember me as a forceful person…

“Arrasso, Arrasso. We better get moving then” I said, running to the table to grab my bag and our scarves.

“Just a moment” I said, wrapping the warm fabric around her neck until I was satisfied. “There! Done” I smiled, feeling proud of my handiwork.

“Aigoo” Jin Kyung laughed. “Half my face is covered! How am I supposed to look at the ground?!”

“Don’t worry! I’ll catch you if you fall” I joked as I led the way.

“You’re seriously unbelievable Jin Young” she huffed as she walked ahead, furiously tugging her scarf lower.

“Wait Jin Kyung! There are stairs!!”

-

“I totally blame you for this” Jin Kyung faulted me as I carried her on my back to the bus stop.

“Ne, it’s my fault. I’m totally the one in the wrong.” I deadpanned.

“Yah! Be more sincere if you’re admitting you’re wrong” she lightly swatted my back.

“Yah! Treat me nicely before I drop you like a sack of potatoes!” I said back seriously, loosening my grip on her legs.

“Ah!! Andwae!! D-Don’t drop me!!” She yelled, wrapping her arms tighter around me.

I couldn’t hold it in anymore. I gently let Jin Kyung down and doubled over in laughter, she was just too fun to tease.

“You’re too mean! I really thought you’d drop me there!” she huffed as she hobbled down the path.

*Crap, I accidentally made her mad*I winced as I watched her hobble. She lightly sprained her ankle but the pain made it hard for her to walk on her own…

“Jagiya~” I cooed “Don’t be mad…” I pouted, hoping that it might work.

When she still hobbled on, I decided to take drastic measures.

“YAH!!! Jin Young! Let me down!! This is embarrassing!” Jin Kyung screamed in surprised as I carried her bridal style.

“Not until you forgive me” I said stubbornly.

“Not until you promise never to threaten to drop me like that.” She replied back, equally stubborn.

“You must tell me why afterwards.”

~Silence…

“Alright, I’m going to carry you like this all the way home” I said authoritatively as I walked past the bus stop.

“Mwoh?!! Are you nuts Jin Young! Our house is fifteen minutes way by bus! By foot is at least half an hour!” Jin Kyung struggled in my arms.

“Not until you forgive me and tell me the reason to the promise I’m going to make.” I said, stopping in my tracks.

Biting her lips, looking very hesitant “N-Ne…I forgive you and…I-I tell you why…”

Setting her down, I supported her as I walked her back to the bus stop.

“You see…when Yunha pushed me down the stairs…ever since then…” she paused as we sat down to wait for the bus. She scratched the back of her neck looking very uncomfortable.

“Ever since then… I have a fear of falling…every time I fall or get close to falling I remember how I fractured my wrist and how it shattered my dreams…”

Instantly, as if by reflex. I wrapped my arms around her; I could feel how tense her body was from the fear. Tucking her head under my chin “Jung mal mian hae Jin Kyung. I really am, I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to make you remember all those bad memories…” I murmured as I apologized, rubbing her arms.

Feeling her relax, we stayed like that with her in my arms. Listening to our own breathing until I saw the bus approaching. “The bus is coming Jagiya” I murmured against her ear.

“Ne” she whispered pulling away so that she could secure her arm around me for support while she hobbled to the ledge where we would board the bus.

“Bus driver ahjussi, could you wait for my girlfriend to sit down before moving off? She injured her ankle just now” I explained to the uncle as he was changing gears.

“Arrasso, go sit down already” he said as he looked into the mirrors checking the road.

“Aww yeobo, this kid so sweet” an elderly lady said to her husband as I walked past. “Ne, he is” he chuckled as he tapped his walking stick against the floor.

“Thank you Ahjussi” I called as I took my seat.

“Omonah, this is so embarrassing” Jin Kyung said as she covered her face.

Laughing at how cute she was “I’d do anything for my jagiya” I cooed by her ear, making it turn red within moments.


A/N: I really like writing sweet moments between them :)

too bad that good times don't last though. bumps are going to come their way :) i'm even considering on whether they should be with each other in the end...

Anyway, I decided not to be mean and post this chapter since I'm posting chapters of my other stories as well. Hope you enjoyed reading! you're comments are most welcomed :)

To Keroromyung: I'll try not to use 'omonah' so often but it's going to be tough cause I made it a characteristic that Jin Young remembers about Jin Kyung even when they were kids. *Reference Chapter 8; and no I didn't edit it recently XD* If he remembers her saying that word , it means its something like a trademark of hers. And for it to be a trademark, it implies that she must have said it often then. :)