Chapter 28 - Hellish methods

I Remember You

Standing out by the gates as usual, I waited for Jin Kyung to come out. “Good morning Jagiya” I greeted when I saw her step out the door, my lips naturally pulling up to form a smile.

“G-good morning Jin Young” she stuttered back with her cheeks turning rosy as she opened and closed the gate. *My yeojachingu is sooo cute* I cooed in my mind.

“Come on, let’s go” I held out my hand “We wouldn’t want to be late like yesterday.”

Instantly she took my hand and started walking, leading me down the path.

“Yesterday was embarrassing enough” She muttered. “What was that?” I asked, pretending that I didn’t catch what she said.

“Nothing” she quickly replied as her ears turned red and quickened her pace.

-

People students looked at us as we walked down the hallways. The air was filled with hushed murmurs and whispers. Jin Kyung had her head held low as she walked, I’m sure that she doesn’t know how to look at those who probably want to kill her right now for being the cause of my changed status.

I know it’s wrong of me but she looks so cute when she’s nervous. During our piano competition days, she was so confident, so sure and unafraid.

Seeing this different side of her made me want to protect her, not that I want her to be bullied but I want to be her support. Someone she can depend on…

*I must finish that song soon…I want B1A4 to sing it as a group on the welcome back celebrations*I determinedly thought to myself as I moved closer to her and interlaced my hand with hers, earning more whispers to erupt in outcry.

Jin Kyung looked up at me with surprise clear in her eyes, was she not expecting me to hold her hand? “Keep staring at me like that Jagiya and I’ll really be tempted to kiss you right here” I leaned in and whisper against her ear.

“Omo!” she blushed and leaned back, making me laugh. Which apparently caused more people to talk this time… Saying “Omonah, did Jin Young just laugh?” “Am I dreaming? Jin Young just laughed!” “This is my first time seeing him laugh!”

*Wow, was I that sad and depressed in their eyes?*I wondered as we walked up the stairs to our floor.

Getting to class early this time, we sat down and got ready for class.

“Morning Shin Woo” I tapped his arm as he snoozed on his table like always.

“Hmm” was all I got as he brushed me off. The must have had a busy night at the family café for him to be so tired…

“Is he very tired?” Jin Kyung asked as she noticed him sleeping.

“Yeah” I answered back, whispering to her that he helps out with his family’s café as in exchange for coming to this school. That’s the main reason why his actions are so slow in school; he needs to reserve that energy for when he works.

The door sliding open with Mrs. Choi walking in, the class immediately toned down and faced the front. Shin Woo noticed the atmosphere change and automatically woke up, rubbing his eyes and putting his glasses on.

“How are your items going along everybody? We’re less than a week away from recording it in the studio. Consultations are still available to those who wants our opinions, so far only a handful have asked us and I believe that their progress have been good.” Mrs. Choi said, holding eye contact with a few people in class including Jin Kyung? Mwoh? When did she talk to Mrs. Choi?

*Aish, this girl. Still doing things on her own as usual.*I chided in my mind. Making a mental note to ask her if she really did go for consultation without me after school.

Going to the garden classroom after class ended, I asked her once we were inside.

“Jin Kyung, did you go for consultation with Mrs. Choi?” “Oh? How did you know?” she answered looking surprised.

“I had a feeling when she looked at you as she said it.” I said folding my arms. “Oh” was all she said as her shoulders slumped.

“So what did she say?” I asked.

“I told you what she told me to tell you” Jin Kyung said. “You look mad…are you mad Jin Young?” she sighed.

“I’m not mad Jin Kyung…” I hugged her, showing that I’m really not mad. “We’re a team; I would have liked to be at that consultation too. We’re in this together…You don’t have to do all these by yourself. Also, I’m the one that is going on stage…I’ll be also in need of Mrs. Choi’s advice too.” I continued, giving her a little squeeze.

Nodding “Ne Jin Young, I understand…Do you still want a consultation? Mrs. Choi is still in school…”

*Jin Kyung was going easy on me*I thought as I sang according o Mrs. Choi’s amendments and hellish methods.

“YOUR MIND IS WANDERING! FOCUS JIN YOUNG! What is it you want to give to the audience?!” She reprimanded me, slamming a thick wooden ruler against the board.

It’s no longer allowed to hit students with it but still, the presence of that ruler is still very intimidating. Having been on the receiving end once when it was in use…

Giving it my all, I sang on giving what I wanted to the audience what I felt was my best performance.

The last note wavering in the air, Mrs. Choi smiled as she lightly applauded. “You’ve improved a lot in just a few hours.”

Smiling myself, I let out a relieved sigh. “But still! Don’t be satisfied with what it’s like now!” She suddenly frowned and yelled. “There’s still a long way to go if you want to make it to the top.” Proceeding to leave the classroom just like that, leaving a somewhat stunned Jin Kyung and me staring at her as she left.

She’s the first person we brought over to the garden classroom. Aside from Shin Woo and the rest of the gang…She didn’t seemed surprised at this place and how beautiful it looked like we were…

As we were about to leave, I stopped Jin Kyung from walking out the class.

“Mwoh? It’s getting late, shouldn’t we get going?” she stumbled into me as I blocked the doorway.

“Aren’t you forgetting something?” I asked her. Remembering how much I wanted to kiss her in front of everybody this morning.

“What did I forget?” she murmured as he opened her bag and rummaged through the contents.

*Aish! This girl…*

Holding her chin up, I kissed her chastely and pulled away after awhile only to be pulled back by the lapels of my school jacket.

Smiling into the kiss, I wonder when did my Jin Kyung become so daring…

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm back with an update! :D How has your week been? Even though work was tough today but meeting the group of friends whom I met at a concert really cheered me up :) They're really a bunch of nice and fun people <3

Anyone wants to guess what song Jin Young is composing? :D If anyone got it right, I'll give you guys the next chapter eariler ;)

I'll sacrifice sleep time and quickly finish up the chapter for that person who guessed it right :) I've subtly put hints in the story XD I wonder if you guys know what chapter it is :)