Chapter 62 - Christmas Gift

I Remember You

What happened in the bathroom that night?

Nothing serious.

Let’s just say that I got my fair warning that night.

-

Soon, the weather got colder and the mercury dipped further.  

I began counting down the days to Christmas and for weeks I kept thinking about what gift I should get him. Racking my brain over and over for something that he did not have and would possibly need.

Telling So Yeong about my dilemma, without any hesitation she said one word with a very straight expression.

“Condoms”

Sputtering and coughing, I nearly died as I choked on my lunch when she said that. “Wait, I take that back…have a feeling that he might have those” So Yeong dismissed the thought as quickly as it came and tried to think of other ideas with me.

“It’s only two weeks before Christmas and I’m still clueless on what I should get him…Why must he have everything he need?!” I said exasperatedly.

“Don’t over think it Jin Kyung, I’m sure you’ll think of an idea soon” So Yeong patted my back.

With the bell ringing, signaling that lunch was over. We packed our things and went back to our respective classes.

Returning home on my own, Jin Young and the guys were busy with the music club at school while I preferred to write from home. I guess it because I don't need a big space like they do or fantastic room acoustics since I'm not singing like they are.

Leaving my keys on the counter near the door, I slipped off my shoes and head up to my bedroom.

Filled with thoughts on what to get Jin Young, my mind went blank no matter what I tried to think of. Remembering what So Yeong said, "maybe I really am over thinking things..." I told myself.

Deciding to pull out a random DVD from my movie stash to watch and distract my mind for awhile, it was a little dusty since I hadn't had the chance to open it ever since I came back to Korea and met Jin Young.

*Music and Lyrics...wow, it's been a few years since I last watched the movie*

"Jin Kyung~ didn't you hear me?" My Omma opened the door.

"Mwoh? I'm sorry, hear what?" I asked as I dabbed the side of my eyes with tissue while watching the movie.

"Aigoo, you're watching your movies again? No wonder you didn't hear me...you get even more absorbed into movies than when you do your homework" Omma nagged on but I couldn't really focus on her words.

Like a lightbulb going off in my head I finally thought of something to do for Jin Young! And I can't believe it came when I was watching a movie!

*So Yeong was right! I was overthinking things, the answer had been with me all the while* I thought excitedly.

"SOO JIN KYUNG!!!" My Omma yelled making me jump, lose balance, flail arms and fall to the ground. "I am telling you for the last time that dinner is ready!" She said angrily before huffing out of the room.

*Oops, did I accidentally ignore Omma? Aish, that's one of the things she hates most* I need to apologize to her later...or at least explain to her what's going on with me.

-

"So you see...I wasn't intending to ignore you Omma...I was just thinking really hard on what to give Jin Young for a Christmas present...and I didn't want to use Appa and your money on it" I explained, hoping that by using Jin Young's name she might be less angry at me.

"If you're thinking so hard about his gift, what about my gift?" She said all of a sudden.

"Your gift?" I repeated after her.

"Yes honey, have you thought of what to give me this Christmas?" My Omma quizzed me out of no-where.

"I am thinking about it too" I answered her.

"My gift is simply really" She smiled at me, making me highly suspicious whenever she gives me that kind of smile.

"What is it?" I asked since it didn't seem like she was going to tell me.

"I want you to give me a grandchild!" She said excitedly.

Turning red from sheer embarrassment "OMMA!! We're not even married and we're still students!!"

"So you're saying that once you graduate you can give me a bundle of grandchildren?" Her eyes lit up even more.

"That's not what I meant!" I face palmed.

"I get it honey" my Omma got up from her seat and came over to pat me on the shoulder. 

"You do?" I looked up at her.

"Yes" she gave me one of her eye smile "You're shy like your Appa was"

*Kill me right now* My look of hope turned into horror.

-

"Jin Young, could you believe what my Omma said?!" I complained to him was we were finally able to walk home together.

Laughing at my misery "actually I can Jin Kyung, it sounds exactly like what your Omma would say" he smiled while lightly swinging our hands back and forth.

"Come on, what's so bad about having my kids?" Jin Young pouted slightly.

"There's nothing bad about that! It's just how she's asking for it while we're still so young!" I ranted in frustration, not realising what I just said.

Stopping suddenly, I stumbled because of our linked hands and I found myself in Jin Young's embrace as he smiled brilliantly at me.

"What? Did I say something just now?" I looked at him in confusion.

"So you find nothing bad in having my kids in the future?" He lightly tapped the tip of my nose with his finger while his other hand held me securely against him.

Turning bright red in realization, I could only stare and blink at him because there was nothing that I could say to save myself. I would only be digging a deeper grave with whatever I said.

"Hmm? Jin Kyung?" He moved his finger from my nose to lightly tracing my lips while looking at me expectantly.

"I'll be taking your word on that" He leaned in until our lips were lightly touching. 

"W-wait...we're i-in a public place" I stammered as my heart began to beat wildly in my chest.

"Ssh...No one is going to see us" he whispered, his eyes looking into mine and hypnotizing me.

His warm breath tickled against mine and his lips were brushing against my own with each word he said, making me want them more.

Stretching upwards slightly to meet his lips, Jin Young's teasing drove me crazy. I felt the edges of his lips curve into a smile and I knew that he did this on purpose.

Biting his lower lip out of annoyance, I made use of his surprise to deepen the kiss until we both ran out of air and pulled apart. 

I pried Jin Young's arm off me and walked off pretending to be angry.

"Jin Kyung, don't be mad" I heard his hurried footsteps after me. 

Catching hold of my hand and stopping me, he stood in front of me looking sincerely apologetic.

Looking at his swollen lip which was my doing, I couldn't help but break out into a laugh.

"You had me really worried there!" Jin Young exclaimed after my nonstop laughter, realising that I was also joking around with him.

"Aish, you're becoming a prankster just like me" he hugged me and ruffled my hair.

"Jagiya, you have nothing planned on Christmas Eve right?" He asked once we reached in front of my house.

Shaking my head "I don't have any plans yet" I smiled.

"Good, because we're going to have a Christmas party" He winked at me before going off.

"Wait, we're what?!" I exclaimed

 

 


Annyeong!! 

Sorry for making you guys wait so long for a chapter ^_^ I was feeling down for awhile and it was kinda hard to write sweet things during that period.

This chapter is hot off the press and I'm sorry for any serious grammatical and/or spelling error because I'm typing the entire thing out on my phone.

I really love writing this story because of its mainly happy and teasing nature:) I was smiling myself silly the entire time as I wrote this chapter~ 

I hope you like this update and Happy Christmas Eve everyone :) I'm planning to rush out another chapter for double updates just for Christmas. I hope it won't take me too long to write :x

With Love, 

Violynn (24/12/2012 4:03 PM)