Chapter 56 - Composers & Songwriters wanted?

I Remember You

Jin Kyung's POV:

“So you went out on a date with Jin Young” So Yeong said after I answered her question about what I did over the weekend during lunch.

“Ne, we went out on a date and he bought a few stuff for me” I said awkwardly, still not getting used to the feeling of being pampered on.

“Ahhh, I’m so envious” So Yeong pouted “I want to go on a date with my boyfriend as well”

“I think he will soon enough” I patted her on the back, knowing that it’d be hard for them since the preparation for debuting was so exhausting.

“Enough with my sob story” So Yeong waved her hands in the air as if to shoo the thought cloud away. “What did Jin Young buy for you?” her eyes brightened suddenly.

“He bought me a couple of dresses, some accessories and a pair of heels” I rubbed my neck awkwardly still. I simply couldn’t get used to feeling pampered on like this.

“Omonah! He bought you dresses?!” So Yeong squealed suddenly.

“Yes. He did…why?” I asked confusedly “Is it a big deal that he gets me dresses?”

“Do you know what the saying is when a guy buys you a dress?” She suddenly whispered.

“What?” I answered flatly, not particularly interested in unfounded sayings.

Whispering into my ear, I immediately stumbled back red faced.

“W-what? W-where on e-earth d-did you h-hear that s-saying?!” I stuttered embarrassedly.

Shrugging, “I that you weren’t bothered by unfounded sayings?” So Yeong replied.

“I’m disturbed by that unfounded saying” I winced at the thought. It sounded like what Jin Young would do but I’m sure that he wouldn’t force me if I didn’t want it.

“It’s up to you whether you want to believe it or not.” She gave me a brief glance.

-

On the way home, I saw a flyer from the music club that piqued my interest.

“Composers & Song writers wanted! Create and have the opportunity to showcase your works at other school performances and at our own independent events!”

*This is rather tempting.* I thought as I took a snapshot of it with my phone.

Heading to the room stated on the paper. Everyone was in discussions and cheerful banter, not minding my presence until a student noticed that I was simply standing there.

“Hi!” He gave me a friendly greeting. “Are you looking for someone?”

“Actually I’m here because of the flyer you guys posted” I showed him the photo I took on my phone.

“I told you someone will notice the flier Jae Hwa!” He suddenly shouted across the room.

A guy with ridiculously bright red hair looked up and rolled his eyes at the person I was talking to.

“Alright, you win Se Hong” the red head excused himself from the discussion table he was at and came over. “So who’s the person who saw – Holy Crap!” he suddenly exclaimed when he laid eyes on me.

My eyes widening in surprise “Yah Jae Hwa! Don’t scare her off when she just got here!” he guy next to me elbowed the red head.

“I’m sorry for my rudeness” He gave a slight bow, not removing his eyes from me. “As you’ve heard, I’m Jae Hwa”

“And I’m his friend Se Hong” He held out his hand for a handshake. Taking his hand I introduced myself and they both exchanged glances while looking like they were trying to hold their laughter in.

“We know who you are Jin Kyung-ssi” Jae Hwa smiled.

“Who in this club wouldn’t of you Jin Kyung-ssi” Se Hong continued on his friend’s sentence. "You're the new transfer girl that got both her songs in for our school's showcase!"

“I didn’t know that I was this famous” I shrunk a little at the attention I seemed to be gaining.

“Before I forget, I’m the current president of the club” Jae Hwa pointed to himself “And Se Hong is my vice president and secretary”

Nodding and not saying anything. “See! I’m telling you that no one believes you because of your ridiculous red hair” Se Hong complained.

“Don’t be dissing the hair! I’m still managing all the logistic and event matters well enough!” Jae Hwa said and got the final word.

“Sorry about that” he suddenly apologised to me.

“It’s okay.” I shook my head in response.

“How it goes is that composers and song writers can choose for an upcoming event to write for and our advisers will review the song and the club students will do anonymous voting. The advisers have a bigger say in it so either create a song that fits the event or have the song to be so good that it will overthrow the advisor’s opinion” Jae Hwa explained how things went in the club.

“So are you interested in joining an event?” Se Hong’s curiosity shone from his eyes.

“I’m afraid not, I’ll write songs but I’ll decide at the last minute I think…I don’t want to be stifled by the restrictions.” I declined. “Will that mean I’m not in the club?”

“I’ll put your name in” Jae Hwa smiled. “There are a few others like you and their songs still get picked here and there”

“Thank you Jae Hwa-ssi” I gave him a smile as I got ready to leave.

“Would you like the list of upcoming events?” Se Hong asked. “It never hurts to know what’s the upcoming events” He added on just as I was about to turn the idea down.

“I guess it wouldn’t” I answered after a little consideration.

“Can I have you number? I’ll text you the list of events coming up” Jae Hwa asked casually.

“It’s okay” I shook my head and gestured politely. “I’ll be back tomorrow. You can print a copy for me or something.”

Checking the classroom clock on the wall behind them “I need to go. I’ve stayed on longer than I’ve intended to” I bowed slightly and headed out the door.

Taking out my Dr. Dre headphones, I headed home.

I couldn’t help shake my head at what just happened *Who asks for someone’s phone number within minutes of meeting each other? I’m friendly but not that friendly* I rolled my eyes. *Jae Hwa is certainly an interesting character*

Humming the tune of the song that’s playing, I waited for the bus.

-

Jin Young’s POV:

“Aish!! What were you doing asking for her phone number?!!” Se Hong whacked his best friend’s arm in frustration. “You don’t ask for things like that within minutes of introducing each other!!!*

“What! Is it wrong to ask for her number?!” He bickered back.

“The way you asked her YES!!! You pabo!” Se Hong pinched the bridge of his nose trying to contain outrage for his friend’s idiocy.

*Did you sense what he was trying to do Jin Kyung?* I wondered, smiling to myself as our group was gathered at the other end of the room. *Was that why you said you’d come back tomorrow instead of giving your number to him?*

“Earth to Jin Young!” Shin Woo waved his hand in front of me. “Are you there?”

Blinking at his hand “Yes, I’m here. Sorry, I was lost in thought for a moment” I apologized.

“We were talking about the choreography for this” Gong Chan pointed to the lyrics and talked about the concept that it could have.

Going home in the evening after much lengthy discussions “I’m home” I called as I opened the door.

“Welcome home Jin Young” I heard my Omma’s voice along with Jin Kyung’s from the kitchen.

“Go wash up and get ready for dinner” My Omma smiled as she began to set the table. “We’re almost done preparing the dishes.”

“Is Jin Kyung cooking again today?” I asked.

“Yes she is” My omma smiled gleefully “It took a few tries but she gets the hang of things quite quickly.”

Setting down all the utensils, Omma scooted over to my side and nudged me lightly. “You know…She’d make a really good wife Jin Young. Do tell me that you’re intending to marry her in the future”

“You’ll find out when it happens” I give her a wink as I headed upstairs to my room.


Annyeong!!! Lovely Subcribers and readers!!

I've finally hit the 200 mark!!

So to celebrate this moment I've decided to upload this chapter now, hot off the press :)

This is kind of a filler chapter to help bridge things in the future :)

I didn't proof read cause I'm too tired right now >.<

Thank you for liking the story so much!

with love,

Violynn

2012/09/02 4:34am