Chapter 43 - Mad isn't the right word....

I Remember You

Jin Kyung’s POV:

Eagerly waiting for lunch, I went to the garden classroom to try and switch it on.

Finally getting it to power up after a few attempts, the first recording was playing and the song being sung was impressive.

Listening on, as they announced the next 3rd year student. I saw that they also put up the picture of the composer alongside the singer when being introduced. *I’m glad they give us some form of credit and recognition* I smiled as I ate my packed lunch.

“There you are noona!” Gong Chan came running in like the first time I met him. “We’ve been looking all over for you”

“Oh? Why?” I asked as I put down my chopsticks.

“Well because Jin Young said you suddenly disappeared once lunch started” He complained “I should call him and let him know that you’re here”

Looking behind him, I laughed at how he was out of breath and panting. “I don’t think that’s necessary Gong Chan. Look behind you” I pointed.

“Ah! Hyung! You’re here!” He smiled brightly to Jin Young.

“You run too fast” He gasped as he placed his hands on his knees.

“Ani, you’re the one that’s too slow” He huffed as he folded his arms.

“I came here to watch the recordings in peace” I explained myself to Jin Young “I’m sure the class is noisy like any other day right?” He nodded to my answer.

“I made the right choice coming here” I smiled to myself. “I wanted to analyse and see if I’d like to work with any of the people in the top three”

“Oh? You’re not working with Jin Young again for the next round?” Another voice popped up from the doorway.

Turning to see who it was, Baro and Shin Woo stood by the doorway with an armload of bread and other snacks.

“Nope” I said, popping the ‘p’. “I have a feeling that Jin Young wants to sing something with you guys as a group. Not to mention I think a few of his compositions are ready to be recorded and performed”

Looking at the screen and watching the recording, as the song ended “I think it’s a good stage for you to display your song writing abilities as well.” I focused at the screen and not at the guys.

-

Jin Young’s POV:

I couldn’t be more thankful for what Jin Kyung said as we ate lunch in silence. Her eyes never left the screen as her eyebrows furred together when she was deep in thought.

*I’ll finish refining the song that I wrote by tonight.* I thought as I took another bite. *If I want it to be perfect or enable us to get a good score for recording, we would need to start practicing soon. We don’t have as much time compared to the assignment.*

-

Jin Kyung’s POV:

*Hmm…these guys are good. But I don’t feel drawn to write anything for them. I feel like writing a sweet song next but those featured don’t seem to fit what I have in mind. I wonder if there’s a way to get hold of the recordings for all the five classes…* I wondered as we went back to class once the bell rang, signalling that lunch was over.

Classes passed by in a blur and as I was packing up, the class rep called my name. “Jin Kyung! There’s someone outside class asking for you”

“Oh?” I looked up in surprise. “This is rare…I wonder who it is” I said as I slung my bag over my shoulder and made my way out to see who it was.

“I’ll see you by the school gate Jin Young” I called out to him as he was talking to Shin Woo about something. Giving me a brief glance and smile, he nodded in acknowledgement before he resumed his conversation with Shin Woo.

Peering outside, I wondered who asked for me and I saw a sweet looking girl with cropped blonde hair.

“Hi” she waved meekly.

“Hi” I smiled back holding my hand out hoping that she’d shake my hand.

“Ah” She smiled embarrassedly as she shook my hand.

“Nice to meet you” I smiled back at her. “Is there any reason for wanting to talk to me?”

“N-ne, there is. I was wondering i-if you’d l-like to partner with me f-for the n-next song” she stuttered cutely.

“Um…do you have a copy of your recording for me to listen to or something?” I asked her before agreeing. I wanted to see what her style of work was; hopefully she isn’t expecting something similar to what I did for Jin Young.

“Yes, I do” She answered, rummaging through her bag. Handing me a CD, I accepted it with two hands as I put it into my bag.

“I’ll listen to it and tell you my answer tomorrow. Is that alright?” I asked politely hoping that I wouldn’t offend her for not accepting her offer straight away.

“Ne, its okay with me” She smiled.

Realising that I didn’t know her name or class, I stopped her as she was about to leave and asked “Umm…what’s your name? I’ll drop by your class tomorrow to let you know of my answer.”

“Ah, I’m sorry. Where’s my manners. I’m Kim So Yeong from Y3 – C1. I really hope that I’m able to work with you for this.” she gave me a hopeful smile before walking down the hallway.

*I hope so too* I thought as I checked the classroom to see if Jin Young was there.

Seeing no sign of him, I headed for the school gate like we said to. Reaching the gate but seeing no one, I took my phone out to give him a call or text.

[Sorry Jin Kyung, I won’t be able to walk home with you today…] I saw the text preview on my hand phone screen. […We had an idea for our second performance and we wanted to work on it straight away…Don’t be mad okay? I’ll go over to your place for dinner. I already told our moms. See you later~]

Blinking at the text, *I guess I'd better make my way home then...* I thought as I took out my headphones and listened to music while I walked to the bus stop, multi-tasking and answering his text [I’m not mad Jin Young ^_^ I’m glad that you guys have something to work on already. We need all the time we can get to prepare ourselves for the next recording. I’ll see you at dinner then]

Walking up to the steps of my house, it felt a little odd not having Jin Young by my side as I made my way home but I guess it works out for me too. I could get into work mode straight away with Jin Young not around making a mess out of my heart and mind.

Switching on my laptop, I put in the disc and listened to her recording, evaluating if it caught my attention enough with just her vocals.

Hearing the song out until it ended, I went on to watch the video of her recording. It started with the frame of a guy who I assume was her previous partner, switching on the recording mode.

Tapping my chin in thought *Well…she fits the style that I currently want to go. I hope that she isn’t expecting me to do something like ‘I remember’…*

With the song still in mind as I removed the disc from my laptop, I decided to create a sample for her to listen to if she wants to listen to me.

With my own inspiration in mind and with her gentle voice, I was glad that a tune came to mind.

The only thing left is that I hope that she would like it.

-

Jumping in shock when I felt a hand on my shoulder, I turned around to see who the culprit was.

Relaxing when I saw it was Jin Young. I pulled down my head phones and breathed deeply hoping to calm my palpitating heartbeat. “What the hell Jin Young! Are you trying to give me a heart attack?!”

Holding his hands up in a surrendering motion “I called your name over and over. You couldn’t hear me through your headphone” Jin Young explained himself.

Pressing my hand over my heart “Next time just flick the light switch on and off…My Omma finds it the easiest way to get my attention without scaring me too much”

“Ne, I will” Jin Young wrapped his arms around my shoulder. I could feel his breath on my neck and I felt my heart race for a completely different reason.

Kissing my cheek, it warmed my heart from the slight disappointment that I ignored when I saw his text earlier on in the day. I mean...I understand that he needs to work on his performance.

I know that not everything will always goes as planned and I felt that this wasn’t a big deal so I thought to ignore it...

*I shouldn't think too much about this. We can't always walk home together all the time...* I chided myself, trying to be mature in my thinking.

“You’re mad” Jin Young whispered into my ear.

After a short pause as I tried to find the word that I felt. “Ani…mad isn’t the word…” I shook my head, answering him truthfully.

“Then what’s the right word?” His arms went tighter around my shoulder.

“Disappointed?” I answered,deciding to tell him my thoughts. Not liking that we didn’t get to walk home together today…

Holding my head in my hands “Ah…I’ve totally become dependent on you” I complained.

“You just miss me that’s all” Jin Young answered pressing his lips to the back of my neck. I flushed red as I could his lips curved upwards into a smile. “Come on, save your work and we can go down for dinner” I smiled as he shook my shoulders lightly.

Getting up after I saved my work, I got up to head down like he said but Jin Young leaned against the door to stop me from leaving and pulled me into his arms.

"Aren't we going down for dinner?" I looked at him questioningly.

"We are" Nuzzling me as he bent his head down to my level, his hair tickled my skin and I felt my face heat up as the way he held me had so much contact. The way he had angled himself against the door made me lean all of me against him. "I just want some appetizers" He whispered into my ear.

I could feel my face was burning at his words.

His fingers slowly trailed down the sides of my body.  Teasing me, making me want more when I shouldn't...

Calling his name breathlessly as my heart rate doubled, I wanted to ask him to stop but somehow my voice wouldn't work the way I wanted it to.

Taking my lips with his, we went slow and gentle until my arms went around his neck to pull him in, deepening our kiss.

Feeling the sides of his lips tugging upwards. It feels embarrassing to want more of this but there was nothing I could do about it.

His arms wrap themselves around my hips, leaving no space between us not even for air. *How can his touch feel so good?* I wondered drunkenly.

Intoxicated by all of him, by the way how he would always start gentle and wait for me to warm up to him.

Pulling away for air, I rested my forehead at the crook of his neck, both our chest heaving for oxygen.

Remembering something, I thought that this would be the best time for a payback.

Tugging at the collar of his uniform, when it didn’t stretch as far as I wanted it to, I ed his first button and I instantly felt his hands clenching at my shirt.

"W-what -" He said sounding panicked. Pressing my lips to his collarbone, his breath got caught in his throat along with the rest of the sentence as I tried to do what he did to me that Friday night.

“Jin Kyung” He whispered my name breathlessly when I reached a certain spot at the base of his neck. Jin Young’s breathing was laboured as I felt his chest heaving against mine.

“Stop, Jin Kyung” He pleaded, his voice strained with something I couldn’t identify. “I-I’m at m-my l-limit J-Jin Ky-yung”

“You weren’t exactly listening to me when I said stop” I frowned as I paused, speaking into his neck as I simply left my lips pressing against his neck.

“I-I know” He shut his eyes as he breathed hard.

“So let me drive you insane like how you did to me that night” I said, moving on to the other side of his neck to return the favour.


Annyeong!!! :D

Back from work and I had planned to release this on Saturday but I guess I forgot XD So here it is~

I have to say, I started the chapter out innocently. Planned a simple kiss between them but somehow it became another mini torture session....

Jin Young and Jin Kyung please get mad at me >.<

Enjoy reading!

RINa14! I know you're reading this! Get well soon :D *And get enough rest too!