Chapter 33 - Catching

I Remember You

Jin Kyung POV:

Walking along the park with our hands interlinked gave me a different feeling…

I can’t quite place it but it makes me feel like the sky is brighter and bluer today. As if everything was brighter.

*We can make up for our lost time like this* I smiled looking at him as we walked in step.

“Where are we going?” I asked when I realised we were heading off the path.

“Somewhere” He grinned back as Jin Young guided me past the trees.

“So secretive” I chuckled.

Walking in the woods for another five to ten minutes, we came to a clearing.

It was absolutely amazing; the buds were growing out of the branches. Signifying that spring is really here. Seeing it growing like this gave me a sense of hope. I smiled as I spun around looking at the really large clearing.

It’s as big as a soccer field!

“This place is beautiful” I breathed, as I imagined this place blooming with flowers once April came.

“Ne, it is” I heard Jin Young reply. But when I turned to look at him, he was looking at me instead of the place like I was.

Turning red instantly when I realised that Jin Young was referring to me, I suddenly felt self conscious of what I was wearing.

What Jin Young had picked out for me was not what I would have chosen for myself.

It was a sweet grey princess dress with white lace reaching to my knees. He also selected a pair of matching wedges to match it.

Photobucket

*How on earth did Jin Young found this dress and this pair of wedges!!!*I clearly remember that I hid this insane pair of heels and really girly girl dress in the corner of my wardrobe under piles of clothes.

Touching my bare upper arms, I really felt self conscious. I didn’t really like to expose my arms like this…

“You look really pretty today” Jin Young came up to me and whispered into my ear. Making the blood rushing to my cheeks faster.

Suddenly remembering what happened this morning.

“Yah!” I suddenly yelled surprising him as he jumped a little. “Don’t think that I forget about the note!!”

“What note?” Jin Young said innocently as he wrapped his arms around me.

“Don’t act like you don’t know!!!” I yelled out of embarrassment. “You actually went through my underwear!!”

“Ah that” Jin Young replied with a smile.

“How can you say that as if it’s the most normal thing ever!” I continued yelling at him as I pounded his chest.

“Wae Jagiya?” he tried saying cutely. “Isn’t it a matter of time?”

“Mwohya!!” I exclaimed. “W-ww-what are you saying!!? What makes you so sure!?”

“Your extremely fast heartbeat” he smiled as he tightened his arms around me. Making my body press against his. Leaning in for a kiss, I angrily turned my face to the side. Making him kiss my cheek instead.

“You’re angry” he pouted.

“Yes I am” I huffed, still looking to the side.

“I guess I’ll redeem myself with our lunch then” he said, abruptly letting go of me.

“Lunch?” I parroted. What’s out here in the park? Or rather, what’s out here in the middle of the forest?

“Yes lunch” Jin Young smiled as he walked to a tree and took a basket off a branch.

Opening it, he laid out a big picnic blanket and motioned for me to take a seat.

*I want to kill you so much right now Jung Jin Young! I swear you’re doing this on purpose!* He puts me in a dress and now he wants me to sit on the ground. IN A DRESS! Does he not know how short this dress is?!

Wait, of course he does. He’s the one who picked everything today…

Sighing, I slowly got to my knees and sat sideways, keeping my knees together as I sat down. *I feel like a freaking mermaid sitting like this*

Sending a glare his way, he simply smiled back and proceeded to empty the basket.

Opening the first container, I saw that it was Gimbap! *I really missed eating this when I was overseas…Even though Japanese sushi was similar, it felt so different from Kimbap…*

Following that, it was bulgogi!

My mouth watered when I caught a whiff of that delicious smelling meat.

*Home food was so hard to find in Europe*  I sighed as I saw Jin Young opening a container that held kimchijeon and the other holding tofu jeon. I really missed the food here too.

“How do you still remember my favourite foods?” he shrugged. I hate to admit it but I’m slightly moved by what he brought. I know that picnic dates are supposed to have cute sandwiches…coleslaw…cupcakes…the typical Hollywood stereotyped picnic food.

But seeing all my favourite food in front of me…

THAT really made me happy.

Taking up the chopsticks, Jin Young picked up the Gimbap and put it to my lips.

“Are you embarrassed of me feeding you?” Jin Young gave a sly smile. “You do know that there are only two of us here right?” he reasoned.

*Darn he’s right….* Hesitantly, I opened my mouth wanting to take a small bite but Jin Young swiftly put the gimbap in!

“Wah!” I yelped, my mouth full of that one slice. “You forgot Jin Kyung, you should eat it in one mouth so as to taste everything”

Puffing my cheeks, I continued chewing in silence. Enjoying the taste of it.

“Where did you get this?” I asked after swallowing. It tasted really good and I thought of buying it in the future.

Bursting out into laughter, Jin Young fell back onto the picnic blanket. “Y-you can’t g-get this an-anywhere.” I said in between laughs. “I made all of these myself”

“Chincha?!” My eyes went wide like goldfish. “You made all of these?”

Wow was all I could say…

The kimchijeon is sooo good! It’s unfair how good he cooks. “It’s really good…” I said as I bit on my chopstick. *How early did he wake up to prepare all these? And manage to rummage through my messy wardrobe to find what I’m wearing….I guess he really put in a lot of effort for today…* I thought feeling guilty.

“What’s wrong?” Jin Young asked, noticing my silence.

“Gomawo Jin Young…” I said quietly.

“What for?” he cocked his head to a side.

“For doing so much…I can’t imagine what time you had to wake up to do all this, prepare everything and still look through my clothes…”

Getting up from across the picnic blanket. Jin Young walked round over to where I was and encased me in his arms. “It’s our first date, I wanted it to be more special than anything” he said softly.

“It is…” my heart skipped wildly in my chest, “I would have never expected any of this Jin Young”

“That just means that my plan was a success” he gave me an eye smile. Rubbing my lips with his thumb “Let’s get eating, you’re so skinny! I’m worried that you might get blown away by the wind…”

Laughing “I’m skinny? I remember the other night it was my Omma telling you to gain weight” I nudged him.

Picking up a piece of bulgogi, I brought it to his mouth to feed him.

Finishing the food, we cleared the containers away and relaxed on the blanket as Jin Young played the guitar. *Can he get any sweeter?* I wondered as I enjoyed the strumming and light breeze that was blowing through the clearing.

“How did you manage to find this place Jin Young?” I wondered; this place just felt so unreal.

“I was looking for a shortcut to the path we were previously on but instead of finding the pavement, I found this clearing instead” he recalled, tapping his chin with his index finger.

“So you found this place by getting lost?” I chuckled slightly.

“I was wandering about! There’s a difference between being lost and wandering alright” He defended himself.

“Ne, I’m sure you were just wondering about” I laughed to myself as I shook my head.

“What’s with that tone of voice?” He gave me a look that made me feel like I’m in trouble and that I better run…

Run where?

I have no idea.

True enough, when I got to my feet Jin Young had is mischievous glint in his eyes.

“1…2…3!” he counted as he sprang at me on 3. Running away barefooted, I couldn’t care about how ticklish the grass was under my feet.

I know it’s childish to be running about like this but it really reminded me of us when we were really really young.

Flashback:

“Run! Jin Young’s the catcher!” The other kids from the playground squealed as we ran away from Jin Young after drawing straws. For some reason he always had the worst luck in these kinds of games, he always drew the shortest straw…

Running to hide as he counted to 20 since the space was small, we all hid in our hiding spots hoping that he wouldn’t come our way.

Seeing him move away from where I was at, I relaxed a little as squeals and surprised shouts erupted every few moments.

*Andwae Jin Young! Don’t come closer! I don’t want to run! Jebal, please turn away!*I prayed when I saw him approaching where I was hiding at.

Slowly creeping further away from him, I hoped that I wouldn’t be seen until I was a safe distance away.

While I was sure I wouldn’t be seen. I totally forgot about being heard as I stepped on a twig. Making it break into two with a loud snap.

Instantly knowing where I was at, I ran as fast as my little feet could bring me.

“Kya!!” I squealed when Jin Young caught me. We were all disappointed that Jin Young won again at tag.

“Aww, Jin Kyung. We all thought that you might help us win since you lasted the longest” one of the kids said.

“Mianhe” I breathed hard. “I’m not strong enough to run like Jin Young”

-

Breathing hard like then, I wondered if he was going to catch me.

“Caught you!” Jin Young laughed as his arms wrapped around me as we tumbled to the ground. Giving a surprised shout when he tackled me to the ground, we rolled to a stop soon after.

We were both breathing hard from the exercise we got as we gave each other goofy grins. *I have a feeling we were both remembering the same memory*

“I could hold you like this forever” He smiled, snuggling up to me.

*I could too*I hugged him back, wrapping my arms around him tight.


Annyeong! :D It's easter weekend and I about to go to my granddad's place for his birthday~ *I think I'm going to be late but what the heck...Especially when you have a family like mine...*

I'll be really busy this weekend so I'm going to upload this eariler just in case I can't update over Sat/Sun :)

Why I called it catching? Well, where I'm from we've always called it catching instead of tag since to us we were running to catch people :) or it was ice & water :)

With love,

Violynn.

6/4/2012 :)