Chapter 16 - The reason she left

I Remember You

A/N: I had meant to update chapter 15 eariler but due to exams I couldn't >.< so here you go a double update :D

Ooh!! Before I forget!! To subscribers current and new. thanks for subscribing!! :D Knowing that you like what I'm writing and even commenting back really makes my day :)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Flashback*

We were 12….And I was on my way to the waiting room downstairs, I ran through the music sheet in my mind as I smoothened out my dress. It was a pretty pink and white number that I liked.

I felt confident as usual, having done all that I could have. Practicing nights away and even forgetting to eat sometimes.

“Yah” a shrill voice interrupted my thoughts.

“You are Park…Yunha?” I replied politely oblivious to the girl’s rude way of calling people, “you’re taking part in the competition right?” I said giving her a smile, being the friendly person I was.

“I can’t believe how thick headed your mind is!” she screamed.

“W-what are you talking about?”

“I’ve told you so many times to stay away from Jin Young oppa but you don’t listen!”

Instantly remembering the threat and warning letters. “You’re the one sending those letters?” I answered, finally feeling worried.

“Yes you . We’re all fed up with you hogging all the limelight” Yunha said hatefully.

“We?” I repeated I could only see Yunha at the moment.

“The other girls Jin Kyung. I can’t believe that oppa likes someone as dumb as you.” She rolled her eyes.

“I need to go, Yunha. My turn is coming up soon” I said, trying to walk past her to get down the stairs.

“I’m not done with you yet!” She screamed, grabbing my wrist and giving it a hard yank. “Did you or did you not kiss him the day the two of you graduated from elementary school!

“Why does it matter to you” I winced as she gripped harder.

“I SAW THE TWO OF YOU KISS ON YOUR ELEMENTARY GRADUATION!!” she shrieked.

“Then why ask me if you saw us?” I whimpered, the pain getting unbearable.

“I’M WARNING YOU SOO JIN KYUNG! YOU BETTER STAY AWAY FROM HIM!” she screamed.

“Let go of me” I squirmed, struggling and trying to get out of her iron grip.

“Not until you promise us you'll stay away from him!!” she hissed as she yanked harder.

Surprised by the last yank, I lost my footing and sensing it. Yunha let go of me and I was instantly stumbling down the long flight of stairs. Hitting wrist first to the floor as my reflexes was too late.

*End of flashback*

“All I could feel was pain.” I said, as I held my left wrist. “I didn’t even know that I had out from the pain. I woke up to my mom crying asking me what happened.”

Sitting down on the bed, "I was so scared Jin Young, scared that more people like Yunha would find me and hurt me again... And all I could think of then was to get my hand healed at any cost...the pain was unbearable and Omma...She called appa and he recommended a world class medical centre in Europe.

Treatment needed to be quick and appa said that he would immediately arrange for all of us to be there...It was the first time I heard and saw my appa in years...He even rushed down to see us in Seoul's international airport where he would bring us to the medical centre..." I smiled briefly at the small joy that I had during that small amount of time.

"But still, it was no use...I cried when I found out my wrist was fractured and my nerves were affected in the fall…The doctor said that it was impossible to be a concert pianist even if I recovered.

My hands wouldn’t be able to handle the intensity and difficulty level the practice and song required.” Closing my eyes, recalling the doctor showing me the x-ray scan and how my hand looked on the inside...I fought back a sob trying really hard not to cry again.