Chapter 8 - Are you free after class?

I Remember You

A/N: Hey guys! Back with an update!! :D I was looking through my documents and stuff and I just realised that i uploaded the wrong version of chapter 7. Aish...I should stop having so many copies of the same chapters.

Anywho, this is chapter 7 & 8 together.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

During class, I passed Jin Kyung a note

<Jin Kyung-ah, are you free after class? :) >

Passing me back the paper it said  <Yes, why? ^_^ >

< I was thinking if we could do the assignment together ;) >

< Haha, thanks Jin Young but I already have a rough idea of what I want for the music >

Wow, she's fast! We only got the assignment yesterday and she already has something in mind. I was slightly bummed out that I wouldn't be able to hang out with her after class...

Writing her a reply  <Chincha? Woah, you're fast! What is it going to sound like? >

< It's a secret ;) For now don't worry about the music, just write what you want to write. In the future you might not get the chance to always sing what you write. If the agency feels that the song they're going to give you is better, you will be singing their song. Take this chance to polish your songwriting skills. We can always edit the music and lyrics afterwards :)>

My heart melted as I read through it again and again. What she said was true, in the future if I debut I might not necessarily get to sing what I write. She's doing this so that there is a higher chance of me singing what I write in the future...How thoughtful can she get? It made my heart ache as I remembered how my Jin Kyung is exactly like her.

< Wow, thanks Jin Kyung :) I think I have an idea of what to write....>

Smiling as she passed it back to me
< That's great! Drop me a message whenever you're done with the lyrics ^_^ I'll bring my laptop to school so we can see how to put the two together. Here's my number ;) Oh! And don't worry about texting me in the middle of the night, I won't mind :) >

After class everyone left the classroom and I made my way to the hallway with the view of the garden. Taking out my notebook and pencil, I rested against the windowsill and tried to recall what I had in mind when I was passing notes with Jin Kyung.

*What did I feel when I was writing to her?* One word popped into my mind.

Remember....

Writing down everything that came to me, memories, feelings....soon the pages were filled with my scribbles. Looking at the amount stuff I had, I have enough puzzle pieces to form a song. Smiling to myself, it seems like this spot gives me inspiration. Packing my stuff, I headed home.

 “Omma, I’m home” I called out when I reached home, it's a habit that I never managed to shake off from my Jin Kyung.

You see...We always did this whenever Jin Kyung got to my home earlier than I did, she would always come running to welcome me back with a hug and pester me to play with her. How she aways manages to get home faster than me is a mystery; her school was further away compared to mine.

Sighing, I really missed her enthusiastic welcome home.

“I’m in the kitchen Jin Young” my mom called out.

“What’s for dinner?” I asked as I gave my mom a brief hug. She didn’t really like being distracted from her cooking; always complaining that she was all sweaty and sticky from the heat. Not that I minded.

“Some soup and I’m going to roast some meat later to celebrate the new school year for you” she smiled.

“Assa! Komawo omma” I kissed my mom’s cheek, thankful for the love that she showered.

 “Yah! I’m cooking Jin Young! Cheeky rascal” she laughed. “Quickly go take a shower and so we can have dinner” she said, chasing me out. Heading to my room laughing, yeah, by most standards I've received a lot of love from from my mom. Some even say pampered. This was mostly because dad was mostly away for business, so I guess mom felt it was the only thing that she could do. It was the same case for Jin Kyung too, I suddenly remembered.

Taking a shower like my mom asked. I couldn't help but think about both Jin Kyungs and their similar traits.

*I really wonder if she’s my Jin Kyung…The way she always say ‘omo'. The way she blushes so easily when someone compliments her or when she's embarrassed. How thoughtful and caring she is...Her handwriting even looks similar to my Jin Kyung’s…Not to mention her birthday date…

But then…her eyes didn’t have such big green flecks in them. Sure back then they were small little flecks that only could be seen if someone stared long enough. Which only I did…*

During dinner, I wondered if I should tell omma about her as we talked casually. Deciding against it, I went up to my room wanting to play the guitar for a little while.

“Something happened?” Omma’s voice came from the doorway. *Nothing escapes her observant eyes* I thought to myself.

“You could say so…” I answered honestly, ruffling my hair. “Nothing important though…I’m just confused at the moment omma” explaining vaguely, not wanting to say much at the moment. Omma was devastated when she heard that Jin Kyung's family just upped and left. Our mothers very close and treated each other like they were like sisters...I wouldn't want to give her false hope about her good friend.

“I’m sure it will work out Jin Young” she came in and pat my head.

“Don’t you think I’m a little old for this? Omma” I laughed.

“Yah, you’re still my son so I’ll do this even when my all my hair turns white.” She teased ruffling my hair harder before she left the room.

"Omma!" I cried out jokingly. Looking at the mirror, omma really messed up my hair.