C66: What should I do?

I Remember You

 

IMPORTANT: To the earlier readers of this story. This is the actual chapter 66.
 
Sorry for the mix up
 

Jin Kyung POV

"Is it possible for me to bring it back for my parents to see since I'm not of legal age?" I asked while looking at Mr. Kang and the talent scout.
 
"Yes, sure. We forgot about that minor aspect." The man took out his scheduler and flipped through its pages. "I'll be back here on next Thursday to hear your final response,
is that alright?" He looked at Mr Kang and me.
 
Nodding, I got up to my feet and shook his hand politely thanking him for his time.
 
Once the scout left. The smile on my face left as well.
 
"Why do you look so sad when you've just gotten an amazing opportunity for your future?" Mr. Kang asked.
 
"Is it that obvious?" I exhaled slowly, letting go of my pretense since he saw through me.
 
"I'm your teacher and I have 30years more experience than you do" he simply stated.
 
Looking at the floor "They'll be sending me overseas to study"
 
Mr. Kang cocked his head to the side, unable to understand my dilemma. "Isn't that an amazing opportunity?"
 
"What if I promised someone that I wouldn't leave Korea?"
 
Taken aback by what I said, he answered back "But this concerns your future, shouldn't that person understand?"
 
"That person is also my future...you see I left that person before and we suffered greatly during the time we were apart. If we were to go through it again I don't know what to do..." My voice wavered while my eyes were slowly welling up with tears that I was desperately trying to hold back.
 
I respected Mr. Kang a lot. As much as I do for Mrs. Choi, they were both sincere people who had given me so much help and guidance...I trusted them a little more than other teachers in the school. 
 
"I'm sorry that I can't answer for you Jin Kyung...I'm sad about your predicament as well." Mr. Kang patted me lightly on the shoulder. "I hope that person will be able to understand eventually."
 
Giving a small squeeze to my shoulder. "All the best in making your choice for next week" he started making his way to the teacher's office while I gripped the handle of my bag. Confused as to what I should do.
 
-
 
Reaching home, “Omma, I'm back” I called out. Checking the shoe rack to see if Jin Young was around, seeing the absence of it I went on saying “I have something important to talk about”
 
“What is it Jin Kyung” My Omma emerged from the kitchen with dinner in her hands.
 
Taking the plate from her hands and placing it safely on the table, I went on telling about the contract.
 
Pulling out the black folder for her to see. Omma put on her reading glasses and flipped through the pages, stopping exactly at the same page and paragraph as I did. Peering up at me through her glasses “Well... do you want to go?” 
 
“Yes I want to" I honestly spoke my mind. "But I promised Jin Young that I’d never leave him again. If I really go, I would be breaking my promise…” memories of that night I promised him kept repeating in my mind. I can't do this to him again could I?
 
“So if you hadn’t made that promise you’d go?” My Omma pointed out.
 
“Without a thought Omma, it’s a good opportunity. I get an education and a guaranteed job when I graduate” I explained, such perfect conditions rarely come by.
 
“I think…you should go for it” she said. The silence of our house amplifying her voice.
 
Looking at her in shock, I wasn’t expecting her to say what I couldn't.
 
“It’s your dream Jin Kyung. If Jin Young is chasing his then you should be able to take your chances as well. He should be able to understand.” The gentle gentle look in her eye and her steady voice making me cry. 
 
What she says brings out my worries and uncertainties to light. “What if he doesn’t omma? What if he breaks up with me because of I broke my promise?”
 
“I’m sure he won’t. He loves you a lot doesn’t he?” Her arms wraps around me in a warm comforting hug that she could manage.
 
Keeping it a secret for now, Omma video phoned Appa and wrote a letter for the talent scout. Stating that I was not of adult age and requires parental approval which will only be given if the two conditions stated were agreed to.
 
One —
 
The agreement and signage of the contract is not to be publicised and to be kept confidential to the Principal of the school, along with relevant teachers. Any breach of confidentiality would nullify the contract.
 
Two —
 
Publicity or any information regarding Jin Kyung joining the company can only be made public after she graduates from her further studies.
 
-
 
“Any particular reasons why you do not wish to publicise that you’ve managed to be hired even before graduating?” The talent scout asked.
 
Showing my heartfelt remorse, “I'm really sorry for the trouble I'm causing. They are mainly personal and I hope that these conditions are alright with you since I’m the only one on the losing end. I know that this school thrives on publicity but at the moment it is the last thing that I want. I hope you will understand.” I stood up from my seat and stepped aside bowing a full 90 degrees.
 
“We’ve heard your works and we are very intent on having you on the team with us. I agree to the conditions that your parents have stated.” He says.
 
“Please sign on the letter that my parent’s provided” I said respectfully held the paper out for him to take and took a stapler from my back.
 
 Taking the letter from him and stapling it to the back of the contract. I took a photo proof of the contract and handed it back to the talent scout.
 
“Pleasure doing business with you Jin Kyung, we look forward to the songs that you’ll create for us in the future” He smiled.
 
“Yes, I look forward to it too” I answer with a fake smile.
 
Watching him leave, a heavy sigh escape my lips as I leaned against the wall. 
 
How am I going to tell Jin Young that I agreed to the contract? Worst off, how am I going to tell him that I'll be leaving the country?
 

Okay, I have no idea how these deals work but I'm just trying to simulate it the best that I can XD 

To my earlier readers, I'm sorry for the mixup. >.<

With love,

Violynn (05/03/2013 ; 3:15pm)