Chapter 21 - So much happened within the past 9 hours...

I Remember You

*Well this is awkward* I thought to myself as I stood in their doorway. Mrs. Soo was smiling from ear to ear and Jin Kyung was shyly looking away. She didn’t have the conventional pajamas and instead was wearing an oversized shirt that came to the middle of her thighs and hopefully wore shorts on the inside.

“Umm, where’s the guest room?” I asked Mrs. Soo.

“Mwoh? Guest room? Why are you going there?” she asked. “You’re staying in Jin Kyung’s room”

“Huh?!!!” She exclaimed. Clearly she wasn’t expecting this either.

“I figured you to might want to spend more time catching up with each other” she smiled. “So what better way to do that than to share the same room?” she clapped her hands happily as she walked away.

“Sorry about my Omma” Jin Kyung said shyly when her Omma was nowhere to be seen.

Shaking my head “My Omma has some part to play in this” I smiled. “She said they wouldn’t be surprised if we’re together” I repeated her words as I ran my hand through my hair.

“You don’t mind if I take a shower in your bathroom? My Omma kind of chased me out before I could do anything…” I sighed as we walked up the stairs.

“Ah, ne…I’m okay with it…” she answered, opening the door to her room and pointing me in the direction of the bathroom.

Setting my bag on her bathroom counter, the room was the same in my memories. The walls were the same white with dark marble counters, sand coloured tiles on the floor. An orange toothbrush stood in a cup by the sink along with the normal brushes, combs and skin care products. Something on her counter caught my attention.

Holding it up, it was a contact lens case. *Since when did Jin Kyung need glasses?* I wondered. Sighing, I guess there’s a lot for me to catch up with like Mrs. Soo said.

Taking off my clothes, I stepped into the bathtub being careful not to slip; I the shower and started bathing. Not needing to change the temperature cause Jin Kyung had already set hers to be just right.

Relaxing under the hot water, I tried to keep my mind straight when I saw the shampoo, conditioner and body foam that she used. Done with my shower, I wore a normal t-shirt with pyjamas bottoms. Looking around, I just couldn’t seem to find the hair dryer.

Stepping out as I towel dry my hair “Jin Kyung, where do you put your hair dryer?” She looked a little stunned at the sight of me.

“Uh-umm, I-I’ll bring it o-out for you.” She stammered, flying into the bathroom and opening a cupboard that missed my attention.

“Thanks” I smiled as she plugged it into the socket.

Photobucket

Drying my hair with a comb, I noticed that Jin Kyung stood by the door to the bathroom. Raising an eyebrow as I dry my hair “Jin Kyung, is watching me dry my hair that interesting?” I asked. Turning red, she let out a squeak as she ran off, clearly embarrassed that I caught her ogling at me.

Coming out of the bathroom with my bag, Jin Kyung ran on and closed the door. *What’s the rush* I wondered…Setting my bag by her study desk I sat down on the chair, taking a good look around her room.

Her walls were a soft cream colour; the bed was in white, pink and black patterns. Her shelves filled with music books, classics and CDs. Her wardrobe was white as well *She really does like white…* I thought. Looking at the wall in front of the desk, I saw old photos of us growing up from when we first met up to year 6 of elementary school…before she left…*We were always smiling in the photos* I smiled as I looked through the many photos.

Thinking about what happened today; I took out my notebook and started writing. *So much happened within the course of 9 hours, coming here in the afternoon, finding out it’s her, waiting outside her door for over an hour and confronting her. Forgiving each other and finding out about how Jin Kyung got injured…loving each other, our shared kisses, dinner, our Ommas pushing us together and now….me waiting in her room.*

A moment that kept lingering in my mind was when we went down the stairs…How fragile she looked when she saw the grand piano. They way she was so sad but tried to be strong…I could see how she was breaking inside as she held back her tears.

Penning down the words I said to her. It remained etched in my mind even though I thought about other stuff. *Cry when you want to…I’ll lend you my shoulder whenever you’re tired*

Just then, inspiration hit me!

I went on writing everything that popped into my mine. Not caring about flow or anything, I just wanted to get what was on my mind out. Finally done, I put down the pen to see Jin Kyung sitting on the bed reading a book. She looked really adorable with her black rimmed glasses.

Putting my notebook away, I went over to sit by Jin Kyung on her bed.

“Jin Kyung…” I called her name trying to get attention.

“Ne, Jin Young” she answered without moving her eyes away from the book.

“You do realise your Omma didn’t give me an extra pillow or duvet for me right?” I told her.

“Ah…She didn’t give you a – Mwoh! She didn’t?!” she suddenly closed her book shut and looked at me. “Aish! That Omma of mine! She can’t possibly mean that she wants us to share my bed right?!”

________________________________________________________________________________

Hi guys! :D Violynn here! Heehee, what did you guys think of the photo? I swooned the first time I saw it on tumblr >.< and my sister who was beside me went "Oh my...."  and the way she said it was soooo epic XD I couldn't stop laughing afterwards. It's guys like him that makes me wish I was born in korea so that it would be easier for me to support them as a k-BANA. oh well, a girl can dream~