Chapter 26 - A really tasty apple

I Remember You

*Our weekend went by too fast* I thought to myself as I walked up to Jin Kyung house so that we could take the bus to school together.

“See you when I get back Omma” Jin Kyung suddenly opened the door and yelled back inside. “Omonah!” She said as she suddenly came to a stop. “Jin Young, you’re here…in front of my house…” she continued looking quite stunned to see me.

“Yes I am” I smiled “Did you forget that I’m only a few houses away?”

Linking my hand with hers “And that I’m your namjachingu?” I said staring into her eyes to purposefully make her feel awkward.

Blushing at my intense gaze “A-Ani, I d-didn’t forget about that” she stuttered.

“Good” I smiled, giving her a light peck on the cheek. “Come on, let’s go we don’t want to be late for the bus” I said as I tugged at her hand.

“N-Ne” she murmured looking a little dazed as she walked along with me.

                **************

“Run Jin Kyung! We’re going to be late!” I half-yelled while holding her hand as we ran down the hallway.

“I know! I don’t have legs as long as yours” she huffed as she tried hard to keep up with my pace.

Sliding the door open, it banged against the wall since I couldn’t control my strength. I tugged Jin Kyung in as we stood by the doorway to catch our breath.

After pulling her in, the class bell went off. “W-we made it in time!” I heaved for air as I rested my hand on the first desk, surprising the owner of it.

“Come on, let’s go to our seats” I tugged Jin Kyung further.

Seeing our joint hands, the class erupted in murmurs and whispers.

“Jin Young-ah…” she called my name softly, worry clear in her voice.

“Don’t worry about other people” I said, giving her a smile from my heart.

“Yes, you two lovebirds. But you still have to worry about me.” Mrs. Choi’s voice interrupted our moment as everyone laughed. “Now would the two of you take your seats?”

“Omo, I’ve never seen Jin Young smile like that before”

“Wah I can’t believe that Jin Kyung is not single anymore”

“Andwae! They can’t be together! My Jin Kyung-ah!”

“Aww they look so cute together”

Those were our classmate’s whispers as Mrs. Choi took her seat and begin homeroom. Giving the usual announcements before handing the class over to the next teacher.

-

We were both bombarded during lunch about how we got together and stuff.

“I knew her way before she left Korea four years ago, now that she’s back. I’m not letting her go” I said simply to everyone.

“Shouldn’t you guys have recognised each other immediately on the first day of school?” Da Woon, one of our classmate asked.

“Yah, Da Woon. I don’t think you look as good as you are now 4 years back” I said, making my point. Everyone laughed because Da Woon made the biggest transformation since middle school, after much skin care treatments, hairstyle and weight loss…You could say the caterpillar in him broke free from his cocoon.

“Don’t go hogging all the questions Jin Young” Si Hyun, our class president cut in. He must obviously think that I’m forcing Jin Kyung into the relationship since she’s not talking at all, I believe he’s currently having an image of a white knight saving a damsel in distress in his over imaginative mind…

“So Jin Kyung, how long have you known Jin Young?” Humming in her thought, she held up her hands and started counting back. If she didn’t look so cute right now I would be mad at her. How could she forget how long we’ve known each other?!

“If including this year…it would be ten?” she answered, holding both her hands up to him. Effectively silencing him. Everyone suddenly became hushed as they registered how long we’ve known each other. It’s funny how eight words from her silenced a good majority of the class.

Leaning over to me she whispered into my ear “Jin Young…can we go to the garden classroom? I need to get away from everyone” gave a small smile as I heard her concealed desperation.

-

“Woah!!! I THOUGHT THAT I WAS GOING TO GO INSANE!!” Jin Kyung yelled once we were in the confines of the garden classroom.

“You handled it well though jagiya” I smiled.

“I feel like a grilled fish after going through question after question” she muttered as she sat roughly on a chair.

“Come on, answering all their questions would ensure that at least someone knows the truth about our relationship. Would you rather people finding out through slanderous rumours?” I asked as I when over to sit next to her.

“I guess not” she mumbled her answers.

“Where did you get that?” I looked at Jin Kyung incredulously as she held an apple in her hands.

“I kept it in my jacket when the lunch break started. I had a feeling that I might need to get way” she smiled before taking a bite. “You want a bite?” she held it up for me to take a bite.

“Sure” I smiled, holding her hand that held the apple and pulled it towards me.

Leaning towards her hand, I detoured and took a taste of her lips. Catching Jin Kyung by surprise, she jumped in shock as I felt her hand tense over the apple. Getting into the kiss, her hand relaxed and I’d say that if I wasn’t holding onto it as well, Jin Kyung would have lost her lunch.

The sweet was sweet. Literally. The lingering taste of apple in and lips set me lightly at her lips.

Pulling away and taking the apple out of her hand, I swiftly took a bite out of it. “Hmm, real sweet and delicious Jin Kyung” I said playfully sending a wink her way.

“Omonah Jung Jin Young!” her face burned a bright red. “I-I y-yo-you!!! I can’t believe you did that!!”

“Isn’t it normal for a boyfriend to kiss his girlfriend?” I said coyly.

“Yah! Return me that apple!” she exclaimed reaching over to me as she tried to get the apple. Unfortunately for her I have long limbs so she can’t reach them.

“Try and get it” I laughed as I held it even further away from her.

“Aww, glad to see the both of you so lovey dovey” a familiar voice came from the corridor.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys!! :D Anyone miss me? *Haha, I'm being shameless here :) anyway, this chapter got deleted when the site went down with 5 of my karma points, 2 recent subscribers (Who I hope will somehow magically subscribe back to me again) and 1 chapter.

Aren't you glad that I keep copies in my laptop? :) now if something were to happen to my laptop. I'd say that I'll go nuts! I have a lot of other story ideas and plans that have yet to be publish because I want to focus on things one at a time :)