Chapter 45 - The Showcase!!!!

I Remember You

I’ll spare you the boring details of the selection process. The school was its usual flashy self and used impressive graphics to select those that were chosen.

I’m glad to tell you that both Jin Young and me made it through to the second performance.

And now, after slaving away to come up with the songs, we need to slave away for the performance day which was set for 3 weeks away.

At different sides of the campus, there would be more than one performance going on.

Categorized by performance type, they would all be performing at different auditoriums so that it would be easier for the scouts to select those that they would fit their company.

We never got to go for our date at lotteworld.

I realized it the night that I was writing for So Yeong. We had gotten so busy that we both forgot.

But I guess it was for the better since we were too stressed and anxious to give our best to think of the date.

Jin Young was really sneaky about his performance and every time that they were going to do sound checks and rehearsals, there was always someone that would be looking for me or asking me for help outside the hall or in the other department.

Another thing that didn’t help with the rehearsals was how they had not done their performing sequence. I’m not sure about other departments but for the singing category, they would be doing it like in Immortal Song. Well, it was only for those selected for the second performance.

The winners of the school assignments performed according to the years from youngest to the oldest.

*If only it was the same for the second round... It’s so darn annoying! Can’t we know when the singer’s are going up? Aish…the school and its theatrics* I rolled my eyes as they ran through general sound checks and how they would enter and exit the stage.

----- - ------------ - ------------- - ----------- - ------------ - ------------ - ------------- - ------------ ---

“Do you have everything you need So Yeong?” I asked her as everyone was on standby for the second performace. Three weeks had gone by in a flash and before we knew it, the performance was upon us. It was a nerve wrecking time as the 1st year students went up first.

Joining Jin Young on the stage after he had performed his song, I was supposed to give a brief introduction about myself and the song that I had created.

As I was done saying my peace, we bowed before we left the stage; Jin Young had to place his arm around my shoulder as my knees were knobbly after having to speak in front of so many people. *I don’t know how Jin Young could sing in front of all of them! If I had to sing, I’d most probably pass out from nervousness!* I thought as I went over to take a seat next to So Yeong who was sitting comfortably on the couch.

“Ne” She chuckled “I swear Jin Kyung, you’re my song writer but you fuss over me like how a manager would”

Giving me a pat on the head “Don’t worry about me, I’m excited for this. Don’t forget. I’m the Unnie here” So Yeong pointed at herself. “Us third years have some experience under our belts, we’re sure to give our all and our best.”

“Arasso” I gave an assured smile, I guess we had gotten so close that I forgot that she was an Unnie.

Asking me to go closer, “Go talk to your boyfriend” She whispered to my ear. “I’m sure he needs some encouragement from you”

“Ne, I’ll be right back then” I looked around for him.

Seeing him by the side of the room, I walked over and the guys said hi and welcomed me in their circle.

“How are you feeling?” I asked Jin Young.

“Are you worried for me?” He smiled brightly. Nodding in response, he wrapped his arms around me and gave me a crushing hug. “Gomawo” Jin Young whispered into my ear, causing a shiver to run down my spine.

“Aw I want some encouragement too” Gong Chan pouted cutely.

I would go over and give him a hug but it seemed like Jin Young wasn’t letting go of me anytime soon.

“Stingy” Gong Chan stuck his tongue out at his hyung. Ignoring his dongsaeng, Jin Young held onto me for quite awhile.

"J-Jin Young, y-you can let g-go now" I stuttered as he held me so close. "W-we're in public" I squirmed a little, feeling uncomfortable about PDA. I didn't like to see others at it so I wouldn't want to be a culprit of it.

"Shhh" He hushed into my ear, trying to convince me to calm down but it worked in reverse. His breath tickled my ear and it sent tingles down my neck to my spine.

"Let me recharge my batteries" he whispered, resting in the crook of my neck.

"J-just this once" I relented. He looked even more tired than I was, under the makeup that was done. I know that there are heavy set eye rings showing how much hard work he had put into this performance.

 "Jin Kyung" He called my name softly. "Hmm?" I answered, lightly wrapping my arms around him.

Not wanting to mess up his clothes and get into trouble with the fashion students…

 How there were fashion students in a school for the entertainment industry? I have no idea...

"You heart is beating reeally fast" I heard his chuckle. Feeling something warm pressing against my neck, I gasped as I tried to push him off of me.

"Jin Young! Please! Not here!"  I whispered harshly, my face burning up like fire.

"I was just teasing" he pulled away and ruffled my hair. "That's really mean" I huffed as I turned away wanting to look for So Yeong.

"Don't go." Jin Young said, holding onto my arm. Encasing my hands in his, he lightly swung our hands side to side. "I didn't mean to make you mad...baby I'm sorry." he pouted cutely.

"Calling me pet names won't get me any less angry Jin Young" I narrowed my eyes at him.

"I guessed not" he pouted again, batting his eyes at me.

I know what he's trying to do; use his good looks and charms to try and melt my anger away.

Looking at him flatly as I crossed my arms "Jin Young, that is as far as your good looks can go"

Yeah, I might be overreacting but I really don't like public displays of affection. Those things are intimate between us and not for the world to see!

"I'm sorry" he said more sincerely this time. 

"That's more like it" I sighed, liking his sincere apology over his pouting one. "I forgive you, go focus on your performance...if you screw up because of something small like this I'll really be mad" I said as I gently reached to touch his face, my fingertips lightly tracing his hidden panda eyes.

"After this we both can get a good night of sleep" I smiled.

"I can't be any happier that this is on Thursday and Friday." Jin Young smiled as we continued to wait for the emcee to draw the next singer.

"Alright!! The next singer we have for you is!!" the emcee hyped as he mixed the capsules around in the container. Pulling it out, he opened it and smiled "Fat Cat!" he called out. There were mixed reactions in the audience about the name; looks of confusion, scattered laughter and some rolling eyes at the name as I looked at the audience camera. 

*Trust So Yeong to come up with such a quirky name for herself* I laughed as I pry myself from Jin Young's grasp to go over to So Yeong.

"You ready?" I smiled as I held my hand out, I wouldn't be going on stage with her now but once she finishes her song, we would have a minute or two to introduce ourselves before they choose the next singer. 

Taking my hand, So Yeong smiled "I swear Jin Kyung. You'd make a good manager"

"Aish, I'm not good with meeting other people and getting promotional activities. Go and focus on singing!" I chided her lightly for getting distracted. 

"Ne" She says singsongly as she grabs the mic from the backstage crew, checking the mic number and making sure that it's hers. So Yeong walked on stage with a bright smile fitting her song.

A/N: You can skip the mv and the video is here for those who wants to watch the videos

 

 

Because it’s like a dream, I smile all day

Because it’s like a dream, I pinch my own cheek

Because it’s like a dream, because you came to me

It’s like a dream

 

I thought you only thought of me as a kid, as a good dongseng but you call me

“I love you” that’s what you said

I turn around and pinched my cheeks and it hurt

Don’t smile, don’t sit, you’ll get your heart taken away

If this is a dream, don’t wake up

Now my name has a heart in your phone

You, who flew to me like a butterfly, sits lightly in my heart

 

Because it’s like a dream, I smile all day

Because it’s like a dream, I pinch my own cheek

Because it’s like a dream, because you came to me

It’s like a dream

 

As soon as we part, I miss you right away

I want to fly over into your dream

Hold my hand and hug me

Let’s talk about all the things we couldn’t say all night

La la la la la la la

 

Being thankful for merely someone’s existence

Is the first after my mother

Please realize, please realize this

Hug me so hotly as if we will never meet again

 

Because it’s like a dream, I smile all day

Because it’s like a dream, I pinch my own cheek

Because it’s like a dream, because you came to me

It’s like a dream

 

You, who is looking at me, are like a dream

When you hold my hands, I feel like I can cry

Without knowing, my lips say I love you, I love you

(Say I love you, I love you)

 

You, who is looking at me, are like a dream

Strangely, my heart hurts so much

I take courage and take one step closer

Again today, I can’t stop think about you

(I can’t stop thinking about you)

 

Tell me you love me

Hug me

If this is a dream, please don’t wake up

 

Whisper in my ear that you love me

If you love me, take my entire heart

Because it’s like a dream, because you came to me

It’s like a dream

I love you

 

"Didn't that song make you heart flutter with sweet memories of first love and crushes?" the emcee gushed doing a little aegyo, making the audience smile and laugh in agreement.

"Let's welcome the person responsible for giving us such a sweet song." I heard the emcee say, giving me a cue to make my entrance. Holding a general mic, I went on stage and stood by So Yeong.

"Annyeonghaseyo everyone" I gave a small bow for formalities "I'm Soo Jin Kyung from class 2-1"

"Jin Kyung-ssi" the emcee called my name.

"Ne" I answered, feeling rather surprised. The emcee wasn't following the script right now and was going freestyle. 

"Rumors has it is that you came up with the minus one track a day after Fat cat asked to collaborate with you" he asked.

"Oh? How did you know?" I answered back even more surprised. I remember only telling So Yeong and Jin Young about it, unless people were eavesdropping on my conversations... "Ne, I was done with the minus one track within the day I talked to her. But that's mainly because her work was in line with the direction that I was heading for" I explained. 

"I also heard that you changed the lyrics a few days before the submission of the song." the emcee continued on.

"Where do you hear all these things from?" I said in amazement.

"It's for me to know and for you to never find out" he said coyly.

"Ne, we weren't very satisfied with our original lyrics and had tried everything to improve it. But after an event happened, fat cat gave me inspiration to come up with something better. During the last few days I don't recall sleeping at all as we tried to better the song. Our efforts paid off" I gave a smile to So Yeong, slipping my hand into hers. I was so nervous and I hope I said all the right things...”

*why on earth isn't the emcee following the script!* Understanding my nervousness, So Yeong gave my hand a squeeze as she smiled back. "Let's give this sweet team another round of applause as they leave the stage" the emcee concluded our introduction and finally went along with the script as he walked to the container to pick out another capsule.

Returning our mics, we went back to the waiting room to pack up our things since we were done with everything.  Once in the room with the doors closed, I felt strength leaving my knees as I fell to the ground.

Thankfully there weren't much people left to see my embarrassing moment. We were the 7th out of the 10 to perform, meaning only the remaining three sets to go before the singing component of the event concluded. 

"Jin Kyung!" Jin Young rushed over to my side to help me up.

"Sorry, I was too nervous trying to answer the emcee's questions..." I explained weakly. "He did you good though" Jin Young patted my head as he helped me settle down on the waiting room's sofa. "He practically was promoting the both of you" "I guess" I shrugged, feeling exhausted even though I only went up for a minute or two.

"Why didn't you tell me that you weren't sleeping that period of time?" Jin Young said sounding sad.

"I didn't want you to worry about me, you had your performance to worry about and it looks like you weren't sleeping much either..." I pointed out.

"We can get our well deserved rest after this" He thought of resting blissfully. 

"After your performance we can" I smiled.

"Be in the audience when we're performing ok?" he held his hand up to do an ok sign.

"Is it possible to get seats at this point of time?" I said incredulously. The auditorium was seriously packed with students, teachers and other media people. "Performers who went up have a special seating area after the VIPs seats" Jin Young gestured with his hands, trying to mimic the rows in the auditorium.

"Sit by the isles so that I can see you"  "what if I don't manage to get an aisle seat?"  "You will, I already arranged someone to reserve the two of you seats" he winked at me before turning his attention to the TV. 

Flopping onto the space next to me, Jin Young exhaled slowly. "The wait is a killer"  "It is" I agreed with him, placing my hand over his. It looked laughable since my hand was small next to his. Turning his hand around Jin Young slowly intertwined our fingers. 

*Such a small contact but it brings so much bliss* I smiled. "Thanks for being here" he looked at our hands. *Is this how it feels to be glad for existing in this world? Because I could meet you and hold your hand like this Jin Young? It feels like my heart is beating for you*

"Why are you smiling like that?" Jin Young's question bringing me back from my thoughts, resting my head against his shoulder as I leaned against him "I'm just really happy" 

"I am too" he said softly as he rested his head above mine.  Staying that way for another minute or two, Jin Young let go of my hand and gave me a peck on the forehead.

"Go and take your seat in the audience, it'll be our turn soon" Nodding, I got up and went to look for So Yeong. Hoping she was still around, she kinda disappeared somewhere along the way.

Walking in wearing her casual clothes and sipping a canned drink in her hand "Oh? You're done with your lovey dovey moment?" She walked smiling as she went over to put her stage clothes away in the dry cleaning casing.  Turning slightly red, I nodded.

"Do you want to watch the rest of the performance with me?" I asked her because I didn’t want to go to such an event alone…. "Kya, why are you so adorable Jin Kyung!" So Yeong swiftly reached out and pinched my cheeks.  "Ah let go!" I squirmed trying to get her to release her fingers pinching me. "Call me Unnie an I'll let go" she smiled evilly. "You said you didn't mind me calling you without the honorifics!" I felt my cheeks turning redder.

 "So you're not going to call me Unnie?" she let go and folded her arms.

"Nope" I said rubbing my sore cheeks.  "I'll call you ajumma for the way you acted" I said, running away as quickly as I said it.

"Yah! You disrespectful kid! Come back here" So Yeong chased after me when she finally realized I called her an aljumma.

"See you on stage later Jin Young!!" I yelled as I ran out the exit, hearing his laughter as I escaped into the corridor and made my way to the auditorium's entrance.

Waiting for So Yeong by the door an usher came up to me asking if I was Jin Kyung.  Looking at him puzzledly "How did you know?" "Jin Young told us to save you and So Yeong the seats by the isle." he gave a friendly smile, his eyes flickering to a space behind me.

I turned around and saw that it was her panting as she struggled to reach where I was. "So Yeong! You're really out of shape!" I called out to her, hoping that she might speed up a little more

 Guess running away from Jin Young pays off sometimes. I became more fit because of him.

Opening the door for us the usher led us in as the 9th set came on. *Wow, they're really lucky to be ending the showcase* I thought as we followed closely after him.

"Hold on a moment, it seems that someone is seating in your seat" the usher asked us to stand a distance away.

"Umm, it's okay. I can sit somewhere else" I said, not wanting to chase someone else away.

"No, stay. It's our responsibility to keep the seat that was reserved but we failed. Please wait here."

Take, Lee Min is intending to be in the security line" she whispered back. 

"The program as well?" I answered back even more stunned by this revelation. "Yeah, I think every facet of the entertainment industry is covered here" She said, briefly glancing at the usher talking to the girl in our seat. 

"You're seats are ready" the usher came back.  "Are the two girls alright with it? They didn't seem too happy when they went to the back.

“I’m afraid they were seating in seats that were not theirs. So they should have been expected to be chased away." the usher explained "they don't own the school anyway" he rolled his eyes.  "Enjoy the remainder of the show" he smiled as he walked away. "He's an interesting character"

I told So Yeong as she took the inner seat while I took the aisle seat like Jin Young asked. Enjoying the second last set as everyone cheered and the curtain closed and the emcee had to interview the singer a little awkwardly in front of the curtain. 

When the emcee simply said the band's name and the song, we waited in anticipation for the last group to come on as he walked off the stage.

I was in shock when the curtains pulled away and when the music started playing.


Annyeonghaseyo!!!!!

I'm back with a veryyyyyyy long chapter. Welll, I hope I didn't keep you waiting too long for this chapter XD

Is it very confusing with its transtitions? If it is comment, feedback, let me know and I break up the chapter into smaller halves.

Hope you enjoyed reading this chapter

*I'm reallly sleepy and half awake right now >.< so sorry if some stuff don't make sense or if there are spelling errors. I'll proof read it when my head is clearer.*

 

With Love,

Violynn~ 5/6/2012