Chapter 61 - Squishiness and another birthday...

I Remember You

Time passing quickly because of our never ending assignments and music club projects. We had learnt to stop testing each other's limits, even though there were those few occasions where we accidentally went too far but it was nothing like my birthday.

Ending physical education class, I was done getting dressed and was about to head out when someone stopped me "Jin Kyung, what are you doing for Jin Young's birthday?" My classmates asked me when his birthday was 3weeks away.

"His birthday? Isn't that 3 weeks away?" I told them my exact thoughts.

"We know but as his classmates, we've known him for so long and we've noticed that he made so much good changes because of you." They explained themselves, "So we were thinking of doing something that he'd never forget."

They said nervously.

"What does it have to do with me?" I asked them.

"It would mean a lot more if you did it with us." One of the girls said. "Please say yes" another quipped. 

Suddenly all of them started pleading and tugging at me to agree with them.

Fearing that I might not leave the school in one piece at the rate of how they're tugging at me.

"Yes, I'll do whatever you guys are planning." I finally conceded.

Seeing them cheering and clapping, I realised that I had forgotten to ask them what I would be doing.

"There's 4 other guys in our guys in our class that is born in November as well and their girlfriends agreed to go along with our plan, one of them being me of course" an bubbly girl explained. "I'm Ha Neul" she said, holding her hand out for a handshake.

Shaking her hand "We'll be dancing to Kara's Mister" Ha Neul said with a wide grin.

"We'll be what?!" I cried out. "I don't dance! Especially not their hip dance!" 

"Too late!" She gave a sly grin "You agreed to it and everyone here is a witness" 

*What the heck did I just get myself into?!* I groaned in dismay.

-

For 3 weeks, hiding and not telling him where I was going because of stupid dance practices. 

I was slowly dying from all the workload and physical fatigue. Even on one of the weekends where Jin Young was over at my place, I accidentally fell asleep on his shoulder as we watched television.

Whereby the next morning I found myself in bed with him next to me.

"Jin Young, why are you in bed with me?" I drawled as I tried shifting into a more comfortable position.

"Because I wanted to" He sleepily answered back with his husky morning voice.

"I seriously give up Jin Young. You're impossible" I mumbled as I faced my back towards him.

"Impossibly irresistible you mean" He chuckled at the own joke will hugging me from the back. 

Jolting in surprise "Yah! Watch where you place your hands!" I swatted his hands and directed them to my go around my waist.

"Trust me Jin Kyung, I would love to see where I place my hands" He whispered into my ear.

Turning around in shock, I saw that mischievous glint in his eyes and I immediately distanced myself.

"I'm just joking Jin Kyung" He let out a carefree laugh. "You think too seriously sometimes"

I squirmed ticklishly while he hugged me closely to him and nuzzled his nose to my neck.

"Have you been working out?" Jin Young asked me. "You feel less squishy in my arms"

"Excuse me?! Squishy?" I turned around to face him.

"Yeah, squishy and perfect for hugging" Jin Young cooed and pinched my cheeks.

"Yah!" I swatted his hands away from me.

"I need to feed you more Jagiya" He brushed the stray strands of hair from my face.

-

"Say ahh" Jin Young held the spoon close to my lips as we had brunch. 

Wanting to take the bite without the embarrassment, Jin Young pulled the spoon back. "What are you supposed to say Jin Kyung?" He taunted as he moved the spoon around me.

"That I can help myself?" I raised an eyebrow and picked up my own spoon.

Noticing his disappointed puppy pout *Ah...I'm getting weak at resisting that* I groaned inwardly and caved. Saying "Ahhh" and my mouth slightly ajar.

Putting the spoon into my mouth, I ate from it and a clean spoon leaves my lips. Slowly eating my food, Jin Young leaves a peck on my lips.

I feel a smile forming as my cheeks flushed a light pink. *I wonder if our married life will be anything as sweet and peaceful as this* 

Finishing our meal, we cleaned up the table and decided to head out for a stroll. "We've been heading out for a lot of walks as of late" Jin Young chuckled as he laced his fingers between mine.

"I feel like I've been cooped up at home, always doing work, work and more work." I sighed as I looked to the crisp blue sky. The leaves had changed into rich reds and gold, telling me of how far we have gone since we met again.

"It gives us time exclusively to ourselves and a reason to hold hands like this" I looked up to him and smiled, holding up our linked hands.

Reaching the nearby park, we took a seat by the fountain. "I've never thought that this park would become so important to me" I gave a small laugh as I looked to the multi-tiered fountain.

"Can you believe it? The school year is almost coming to an end and I've never thought that I would have spent it like this." I ran free hand through my hair.

"This year was so amazing because of you Jin Young" I said while holding him close.

"You made mine equally amazing Jin Kyung" Whispering into my ear, I slowly pulled back and looked into his eyes. 

"I don't regret meeting you again" I said resolute. "Despite of everything that happened while we were together and apart"

Giving a low chuckle "why are you taking all of the words from my mouth Jin Kyung?" His hands reached up to pinch my cheeks lightly. Staying still and letting him pinch them, I saw a smile gracing his lips. "I'm glad that fate gave us this opportunity" Jin Young said after releasing my pink cheeks to caress the sides of my face.

I'm glad too" I gave him a sweet smile. 

Getting up to sit at a proper bench, I leaned against him and held his arm to me. Intertwining them, I held his hand in mine and noticed the smaller things that I never saw before.

Like how his fingers were calloused, most likely from the guitar. How his nails were a pretty shape, along with how big his hand was compared to mine.

We continued talking until it was dark; surprisingly we didn't seem to need anything else. 

That was what I thought until my stomach growled and it was so loud that Jin Young heard it. 

His laugh however, was even louder than my stomach and his words couldn't come out right.

Wiping his tears from laughing too hard "Let's head back and feed you Jagiya" He stood up and held a hand out for me hold "I wouldn't want you to become even less squishier that you are right now"

Sending him a look I ignored his hand and began taking the path back to our home. "Are you mad Jin Kyung?"  Jin Young walked around me, circling me as I trudged forward.

"Aww, don't be mad Jin Kyung" He held my hand and pulling me back. Causing me to land against his chest as his arms wrapped around me securely. 

"Promise me you won't forget your meals?" Jin Young's playful glint disappeared and in its place was a gentle and worried gaze. "It worries me to see you so thin and light that you might get blown away if a gust of wind was strong enough..."

Searching his eyes, I could only nod to what he said. *Was it really that bad? It's almost winter so I can't feel how loose my clothes have gotten since I'm wearing layers...*

"That's my girl" Jin Young smiled as he kissed my forehead. A warm feeling grew in my chest while I looked up at him. 

Quickly I stood on the tip of my toes and gave him a light peck on his lips. Pulling away quickly I walked hurriedly down the path, pressing my cold hands against my warm cheeks hoping to cool them down.

Hearing quick footsteps behind me, I kept walking on not wanting to see his expression. 

"Jagiya is so cruel" He said with fake sadness, I could hear the underlying happiness in his voice. "How could you leave me hanging like that?" 

Jin Young's hand s around my waist and pulled me to him for a second time. "Can I have a proper one Jin Kyung" he whispered in to my ear, his warm breath causing shivers to run down my spine.

*I wonder if I'll ever get used to this...* I looked into his eyes for a moment before leaning in.

Pressing my lips against his, kissing him slowly. I was in no rush and I simply wanted to convey how much I love him. Feeling him smile into it as he responded back made my heart race.

Pulling away for air, Jin Young rested against my forehead looking incredibly happy. *Did my feelings reached him?* I blinked at him while he smiled at me. 

"I love you too" He nuzzled the tip of my nose, answering my silent question. 

Hugging him as well, I said softly yet audible enough to be heard. "I love you so much I never want to be apart ever again"

It feels so crazy, how is it possible to feel like I can't live without that person in my life? Without him near me or within reach?

Is this normal? I question myself as we walked back home hand in hand.

-

The dreaded day eventually came and I still can't believe that I actually agreed to this.

"Don't look so nervous Jin Kyung! Just do what we always do during practice and it'll be perfect!" Ha Neul tried to encourage me.

*Easy for her to say, she's the one that's planning to be a dancer so this comes easily to her.* I thought as I wringed my hands.

I couldn't believe that they even got us the red bottoms with the suspenders and those fitting crop tops. I felt more exposed like this than wearing the dresses that Jin Young picked out for me.

Twisting my curled hair nervously, this was so much different from being onstage for a piano competition.

For one thing I wasn't required to sing or dance and it wasn't for Jin Young's birthday either. Hearing Ha Neul's friend who help set this up to take the mic, the small auditorium was buzzing from noises that our classmates made. 

"All right, could the five birthday boys come up to the front?" Her friend said.

"Boy? I'm not a boy, I'm a man!" I heard one of the guys answer back causing the entire class to laugh.

*He must have done something funny* I mused

"All right, you must all be wondering why we're gathered here today." Ha Neul's friend went on to say "well, we have a special treat for the five birthday G-U-Y-S in the front row." She emphasized purposely. "Audio guys! Play the music!" She gave the cue.

With that, I could hear gears to the curtain moving and I could feel the spotlight behind us since our back was facing the audience.

Gasps and whispers could be hear but most of it came from the guys mostly wondering who we were.

With the first "La la la" we all turned to face the side, started dancing and following the choreography. Earning hoots and wolf calls from the guys.

Taking turns to sing, went it was my turn my heart was racing so badly because Jin Young was just right in front of me with a very surprised look on his face.

And when it came to this part "suddenly, our eyes meet" we sat on the edge of the stage and looked at the guys like the lyrics said. We were only a small distance away from the first row.

It was hard to do this part of this dance because it got a whole lot seductive thanks to Ha Neul and her choreography. 

When the music was over, the class cheered loudly with standing ovation and my heart pounded wildly in my chest. The adrenaline rush was amazing and scary at the same time. 

Holding hands and bowing together a few times before the curtains closed on us. When it finally did I felt so relieved.

"Now, the birthday guys can go find your incredibly y and daring girlfriends backstage. For everyone else, thank you for coming!"

Ha Neul huddled everyone together and gave a massive group hug. "This was a great success girls! Thank you for agreeing to do this. Especially you Jin Kyung" she broke the group hug and gave me a choking hug.

"We never expected that you'd learn so fast and to have such a nice voice! It's a waste that you're in the composing stream instead of the idol stream." She said wistfully.

"Ha Neul, I think you're choking Jin Kyung" one of the girls pointed out for me since I couldn't do anything.

"Oops! Sorry about that" Ha Neul let go and backed off. Allowing me some air. "I don't know my own strength sometimes" she rubbed the back of her neck guiltily.

"It's alright, you didn't kill me" I joked to make the mood lighter.

But instead of laughter, I got girly squeals and giggles. Looking at them in confusion, I wondered what got into them.

Jumping when I felt two warm hands going around the bare skin of my waist. 

I turned to see that it was Jin Young who looked incredibly happy. He was smiling so much his eyes became crescents.

With more girlish giggles, the other girls excused themselves and headed backstage where their boyfriends were there waiting.

"Thank you for the interesting birthday gift Jin Kyung" Jin Young whispered into my ear, his warm hands firmly pressing themselves against my waist.

My skin felt sensitive under this cool room temperature. "It would have been better if I was the only one who saw this... The other guys wouldn't be able to see how amazing your figure is like." He pressed his nose against the base of my neck; his breathing made my skin alert and prickled with anticipation.

Surprisingly, he didn't do anything but to penguin walk with me to the dressing room.

Coming out fully changed into our normal uniform, Ha Neul said that we could keep the outfit since we paid for it earlier on.

Going over to Jin Young's place since our Ommas wanted to celebrate it there; we went up into Jin Young's bedroom while they fussed over dinner. 

I originally wanted to help but I was barred entry into the kitchen. 

Jin Young coming out of his bathroom after showering and now towel drying his hair. 

As I sat on the bed waiting for my turn at the shower, he looked at me with the costume in my hands. "I was wondering what to do with it. Since I'm not going to wear this outfit ever again..." I answered his questioning gaze. "Should I throw it away?" I wondered out loud.

"Don't throw it away" Jin Young said sweetly as he approached me. There was something about his tone that made my warning sirens go off. 

"Could you wear it again? For me?" He asked gently as cornered me on his bed. Cursing him silently for always being able to corner me, I really was stuck and I couldn't move anywhere. Also...I doubt my Omma will come to my rescue if I shouted for help.

Nodding grudgingly, I took the outfit and put it on again.

Opening the bathroom door after I changed, I found him standing beside the door waiting for me. 

When my eyes met his I instantly flushed a deep red, his gaze was scrutinizing every part of me and it made me feel awkward about myself.

Turning around so that my back faced him, a few moments passed and I heard the bathroom door close. But I could see Jin Young's reflection and I could feel his presence behind me.

"You look great Jin Kyung, don't feel awkward about yourself" Jin Young said softly into my ear.

"Was this why you were always so tired?" He asked while his arms went around me holding me closer to him.

Nodding because I couldn't find my voice, I wondered if he could hear how fast my heart was racing right now.

"You were so busy with your own assignments yet you were able to squeeze in time for this...Thank you Jin Kyung." He murmured against my skin.

Shaking my head, I turned around so that I could face him "Happy Birthday Jin Young..." I looked at him and said. "You did so much for me on mine and I thought that this would be an interesting gift since I can't do what you did-"

I explained until my words got cut off by his lips. Making use of the fact that I was in mid sentence, his tongue slid in easily into my open mouth and explored it thoroughly. Going crazy as I kissed back, his hands roamed all over, causing me to make sounds that I didn't know I could before this.

My arms went around his neck as I clung onto him for support. Strength left my legs and Jin Young swiftly lifted me and placed me on the counter.

"I disagree with what they said." He leaned in to whisper into my ear.

"W-what who s-said?" I breathed shakily.

"Ha Neul, I don't find it a waste that you're in the composing stream." Feeling him pull back "I don't want everyone to know how beautiful and y you can be."

I never thought that I could feel how hot a gaze could be. Jin Young's made me feel like I was melting.

 "I'm n-not y" I mumbled and caused Jin Young to frown.

"Yes you are and I'm sure as hell that every guy in that auditorium thought the same thing about you." 

Speechless, I probably look like a gaping goldfish as I tried to find words to say but nothing came to me.

"Wow...does that mean they'll see me differently?" I looked at Jin Young worriedly.

"I don't know about them but you better not respond to any confession letters or meet someone who is going to confess to you" Jin Young looked at me sternly.

"It was that once Jin Young!" I exclaimed. "Not to mention that I got my due punishment afterwards..." 

"I should give you a warning then" he flashed a devilish smile at me. "I mean, it's only fair that I give you a preview of what might happen"

"What?! No!"

 

 

 


I feel so mean to you guys >.< I'm so sorry for not updating this story as frequently.

To make up for it, this chapter is over 3,200 words long~

And hopefully there's enough sweet moments and hot moments to last you guys until my next chapter :)

Thank you for reading my first story on aff and liking it!! :3

 

With love~

Violynn. (3/12/2012 , 11:30pm)