Chapter 42 - Spring Showcase annoucement

I Remember You

Hearing the click of a camera I instantly pulled away.

*What’s with us always getting a photo taken of us without any warning?* I embarrassedly turn away from the table counter.

Hugging me into his shoulder, Jin Young laughed “I’m sorry Maam, my girlfriend is really shy”

The shop lady laughed “I usually charge a few dollars for photos but seeing how compatible the two of you are I’ll give it to you for free.”

Handing us a printed photo each, I turned red again when I saw it.

The park behind us provided us a beautiful backdrop and the bright afternoon sun gave a magical glow around us.

But most importantly, the scene that she caught was the sweetest yet most embarrassing. It was plain obvious that I was the one initiating it since I was the one that was leaning over.

Keeping the photograph away in my bag “Thank you for the photo” Jin Young grinned from ear to ear. “I’ll frame it up when I get home”

“Omo, are you serious?!” I nearly choked on my noodles as I had resumed eating.

“Dead serious” He nodded excitedly. “We’re going to shop for photo frames once we were done eating”

“What a sweet boyfriend you have young lady” the shop leady smiled. “Such guys are hard to find nowadays, make sure you treasure him” She whispered to me.

“Ne, I will” I smiled “I will treasure him a lot”

-

“What kind of frames should we get?” Jin Young said as he led me through the aisles.

Holding up a thick frame with the words ‘in love with you’ at the bottom right corner of the frame, I felt my face cringe as I said “Too tacky”

Setting down the frame, Jin Young kept asking me about all the different ones that he picked out.

“You don’t want to buy a frame at all, don’t you?” He asked me as he looked at his 11th frame.

“Honestly?” I answered “I don’t, I wasn’t even intending to have that moment recorded” Covering my face in embarrassment of the memory.

“I should buy the multiple frames that I can flip over for the collection that I have” Jin young talked to himself.

“What was that?! Collection?” I parroted back stunned. “Jin Young! Repeat what you said again!” I called after him as he walked down to the next aisle.

*Does he really have a collection of us? Of me?! Please say it isn’t so…* I worriedly followed after him.

Really buying the frames that he was talking about really got me worried. It affirms that he really does have a collection of photos.

Walking down the street with our hands linked.  It was quiet as most of the crowds were still in school.

*The quiet peaceful feeling is nice* I smiled as I looked at my surroundings *It’s nice to see this side of Seoul*

Walking happily alongside Jin Young, we took a break on a bench after having to walk for quite a bit.

Noticing a busker playing a little away from us, I took out a note from my wallet, went over and put it into his guitar case.

“Thank you miss” the guy gave me a warm smile in return “Is there any song that you would like to hear?” He asked.

“It’s okay” I answered “Sing what you want to sing”

With that, I went back to sit down by Jin Young who made my heart flutter as he kissed my temple.

“Oh? What brought that on? I asked feeling rather surprised.

“Sing what you want to sing?” He repeated my words with a smile. “I really hope that I will be able to sing the songs that I want to in the future”

“I’m sure you will” I rested on his shoulder as we listened to the guy play.

-

It has been two weeks since the recording and the announcement was that the results would be released sometime around this week.

Everyone in school was jumpy and anxious to find out who got the chance to perform at the spring showcase.

The bell rang, signalling for classes to start but there was no sign of Mrs. Choi.

*That’s strange, Mrs. Choi is never late…* I remembered, she being a strict advocate of punctuality.

5 minutes passed and I was the only one who was bothered while the rest of the class still chatted on.

15 minutes passed and still she wasn’t here. Walking to the door, I wanted to head out to see if other classes were experiencing the same situation but the door wouldn’t open.

“Jin Young could you text Baro, Sandeul and Gong Chan and ask them if their teacher are in class?” I asked. “I know it’s a strange request but could you do it? I want to check something.”

Raising an eyebrow at me Jin Young took out his phone and started texting.

Within seconds, responses came back saying that their teachers weren’t in class either.

Feeling something amiss, I went back to the door and tried tugging it open but it wouldn’t budge. After a few shakes, a slip of paper falls out with something written in Mrs. Choi’s script.

‘Switch on the projector’

Asking the class rep how to switch it on, once the machine started working it showed a message that shocked everyone.

‘Find the key in this room and head to the auditorium. There you’ll find news about the Spring showcase’

There was chaos in the room as everyone started looking everywhere for the key.

Searching at Mrs. Choi’s desk, I knew that she kept important things at a specific compartment in her desk. Having to retrieve things for her when I asked for her help to train Jin Young, I knew a few things about her.

Seeing something shiny in the corner of the compartment, I fished it out of the corner and it was a key!

Running to the door, Jin Young stood beside me as we hoped that the key would turn. Hearing a click sound, it did what I hoped and we slid the door open.

“Let’s run” Jin Young told the class and me. “We have no idea what their planning but its best we get there as soon as we can.”

“Wah what is this!” I complained as I ran “We’re in school! Not playing running man! Leaving clues like this! The headmaster or whoever is planned this watches way too much running man!”

Reaching the auditorium within minutes, we were the second class to reach the place.

The first group there being our 3rd year sunbaenims, we bowed out of respect and we looked around for the teachers.

“Congratulations Mrs Choi’s class of Y2 – C1!” A voice boomed over the speakers “You’re in 2nd place after your seniors of Y3 – C1! As expected you guys are the best of the best!” Our headmaster ranted on. (A/N: Y2 - C1 = Year 2 Class #1)

“Text the rest about this” I nudged Jin Young “If they’re keeping rankings I think that it’s important.”

“I already did” He smiled and soon Baro, Gong Chan and Sandeul came running in from different entrances with their class trailing behind them.

Soon our seniors Y3 – C2 came running in and the teachers who were standing by the shutters pulled them down, enclosing us in the auditorium.

“Calm down everyone” The headmaster tried to relax the panicked students; no one likes to be locked in. “I’m sure you noticed. There are five classes in the auditorium right now.” His voice boomed over the speakers in the auditorium and over the campus.

“To students still in your classrooms, please switch on your wireless projectors and we will begin announcing the students selected to perform for the Spring Showcase. First up for the singing category!

We have 3rd year students Ahn Seung Tae, Yoon Chi Woong and Kim Hye Ok.

For the 2nd Years we have Woo Ji Ho, Jung Jin Young and Park Sol Mi

Not forgetting the first years, we have Kim Shi Eun, Shin Min Ah and Lee Jung Hwan!”

*The school is really grand and flashy* I thought as impressive graphics came up for each person that was announced.

“All of you in the auditorium must be wondering why you guys are here! Well, for being proactive and quick. We are allowing every student here a chance to perform a second time in the Spring showcase. You are allowed to perform anything you want with no restrictions –”

Everyone cheered when they hear the last two words. But I had a feeling that it wasn’t all.

“But! You will go through the same procedures. Only the top 3 from each class will perform out of everyone here.

Congratulations to all of those already selected and to those of you here in the auditorium hall, do not let this opportunity pass you by!” The headmaster said his final words “The selected people will have their songs played and projected over our systems over lunch, so those of you in this hall, remember each other’s classes, talents and faces well. You might want to work with each other for your second performance. It is not restricted within classes or levels.”

“So do show us another round of amazing performances that we saw in the recording studios!” Headmaster clapped and the shutters went up, blinding everyone with the bright sunlight that streamed in. And when our eyes finally adjusted, the headmaster was gone.

*Aish, this flashy school and headmaster* I shook my head laughing.

Smiling to myself *I can’t wait to be able to write another song to compete with.*


Annyong!!! :D

I decided to fast forward a little since I felt that it was getting a little draggy.

We really need to get to the showcase as fast as possible >.< *By chapter 44 or 45 at least*

So I might lengthen the chapters but it means that update for this story might take a little longer :X

It's mother's day today so have you guys or gals prepared something for your precious omma? :D

I sent a bouquet of flowers to my mom's office on friday :D She was soooo surprised and she told me that her colleagues were super jealous of her XD And that it caused a ruckus in the office *My mom was bombarded with questions on who it was from* Since the receptionist was on medical leave, the delievery man went up into the office himself and personally handed it over to her XD

Hee Hee~ I'm glad that 'mission: Surprise mom with bouquet of flowers' is a success! I was so worried that it might not reach her >.<

Celebrate the one who bore you for nine months! Or at least say that you love her if you're unable to afford anything :)

It's the thought that counts

With love!

Violynn~

13/05/2012 (12.33am)