Chapter 63 - Christmas Eve party *Added content

I Remember You

December 23rd

 
"What? Omma also knew about the Christmas Eve party?!" I exclaimed when I woke up and went down for breakfast to see my mom preparing a turkey along with some other food.
 
"Yups, I knew of it a few weeks ago" She answered me as she tasted the food for flavor.
 
"So I was the only one who didn't know?!" I frowned.
 
"I'm guessing so" She replied me absentmindedly as she reached for the spices.
 
"That's not fair" I huffed as I grabbed a box of cereal and milk.
 
"Jin Young probably didn't want you to worry" Omma told me from the kitchen.
 
"I guess..." I muttered as I ate my breakfast.
 
 
December 24th
 
Helping out with decorations and balloons, I couldn't help but be filled with excitement for Christmas as Omma played festive songs the entire day.
 
"Jin Kyung, I'm going out to get a few things that I forgot, will you be alright in being on your own?" Omma called out as she slipped on her shoes.
 
"It's fine Omma" I answered while putting up a streamer.
 
"I'll be back soon dear" the door clicked shut and the lock turned.
 
Humming the tune of 2PM's I'll be back and placing a few more streamers, I waited a few minutes until I felt that the coast was clear before getting to the piano and opening the lid. 
 
Squeezing in half an hour of practice for Jin Young's Christmas gift. Thankfully I had already stopped for awhile when I heard familiar footsteps and the door opening. 
 
"Thanks for the help Jin Young" My Omma said as she pushed the door open with her elbow while her hands were full with big plastic bags. "Don't mention it Soo Omma" Jin Young walked in after her.
 
Seeing me, Jin Young smiled "Do you need any help?" Walking over once he put the bags on the dining table.
 
"I think I can manage" I answered while putting the last streamer in place and stepped down from the ladder. "But..." I added trailing the word.
 
"But?" He raised an eyebrow at me.
 
"I could use some help with the Christmas tree" I pointed to the tall pine near the stairway.
 
Grabbing the box of decorations from behind the couch, I brought it closer to the tree and took out the tinsel. 
 
Standing on my toes, I tried to reach the higher part of the tree but I couldn't seem to place where I wanted to.
 
"It's these kind of moments where you're supposed to be asking for my help" Jin Young came up from behind me and took the tinsel from my hand.
 
"Where do you want it?" I shied away out of reflex when I felt his warm breath tickling my ear.
 
"U-up there" I pointed to a spot on the tree.
 
Reaching it easily, Jin Young wound his arm around me, pressing my back against his front.
 
"Why does Jagiya sound so nervous?" He lightly rocked us back and forth.
 
"It's because of my Christmas gift for you." I stared at the tree.
 
"What is it?" Jin Young playfully nuzzled against my neck.
 
"It's something really small" I formed a small box with my hands.
 
"Don't worry too much about it Jagiya, I'll love anything that you give me" He gave a teasing kiss behind my ear.
 
Humming in response, I turned around to face him. Tiptoeing, I leaned towards Jin Young and my lips lightly brushing against his cheekbones until I reached his ears.
 
"Let's continue...decorating the tree" I teased and pulled away, getting to the box.
 
Hearing him laugh, "You're such a tease" he said while taking another decoration from the box.
 
"I learnt from the expert himself" I joked.
 
"Oh, so that's how you want to play it?" His arms wrapped securely around me.
 
Expecting him to leave teasing kisses or something, I yelped when he suddenly lifted me off the ground.
 
Yelping, everything became a blur as he spun me around. "Jin Young! I'm getting really dizzy!" 
 
"Aww, look at the lovebirds. Aren't they adorable" I heard Sandeul's voice from the doorway.
 
"Omonah, Jin Young! Let me down already" I complained.
 
Turning to face them, I saw that Sandeul had a painful expression on while the rest were looking at various places like the kitchen and dining table. *I guess he doesn't like mushy scenes much.*
 
"Let's help Noona decorate the tree!!" Channie clapped his hand excitedly and made his way to the box.
 
"Did he have chocolate by any chance?" I whispered to Jin Young.
 
Shaking his head "Doubt so, I think it's because this is the biggest Christmas tree that he has ever seen in someone else's house"
 
-
 
Finishing decorating a lot faster with all of their help and dinner was finished in a flash thanks to the guys ravenous appetites.
 
Soon it was time to open our gifts and I got nervous about my gift to Jin Young.
 
"Thank you so much for the warm comfy scarf Noona!" Channie wrapped the mustard coloured wool around his neck.
 
"Is this cashmere?" Shin Woo asked as he examined the fabric.
 
"What?! Isn't that expensive?" Baro exclaimed.
 
"Don't think about that so much, I just wanted to give something that would always be useful to you guys and long lasting at the same time." I tried explaining.
 
"So where's my gift?" I heard Jin Young's playful, expectant voice.
 
 
"Well about that..." I bit my lip nervously.
 
Heading to the piano, I quickly lifted the lid and started playing.
 
"Jin Kyung..." I heard his voice. He sounded happy yet worried at the same time.
 
Taking a deep breath, I started singing to the music.
 
Way Back Into Love -
 
 

 

I've been living with a shadow overhead,
I've been sleeping with a cloud above my bed,
I've been lonely for so long,
Trapped in the past,
I just can't seem to move on!
 
I've been hiding all my hopes and dreams away,
Just in case I ever need 'em again someday,
I've been setting aside time,
To clear a little space in the corners of my mind!
 
[Chorus]
All I wanna do is find a way back into love.
I can't make it through without a way back into love.
Ooo hooow
 
[Verse 2]
I've been watching but the stars refuse to shine,
I've been searching but I just don't see the signs,
I know that it's out there,
There's gotta be something for my soul somewhere!
 
I've been looking for someone to shed some light,
Not somebody just to get me through the night,
I could use some direction,
And I'm open to your suggestions.
 
[Chorus]
All I wanna do is find a way back into love.
I can't make it through without a way back into love.
And if I open my heart again,
I guess I'm hoping you'll be there for me in the end!
 
There are moments when I don't know if it's real
Or if anybody feels the way I feel
I need inspiration
Not just another negotiation
 
[Chorus]
All I wanna do is find a way back into love,
I can't make it through without a way back into love,
And if I open my heart to you,
I'm hoping you'll show me what to do,
And if you help me to start again,
 
You know that I'll be there for you in the end!
 
-
 
Letting the last few keys fade out, I heard everyone clapping and their compliments but my focus went to him. *What did Jin Young think of it? Did he like it? Why isn't he smiling?*
 
Getting off the piano seat, I stood nervously in front of him.
 
Suddenly grabbing my good hand, Jin Young pulled me into the empty kitchen.
 
"Is your hand alright? Does it hurt? Where did you put your painkillers?" He lifted my shaking hand and flooded me with questions.
 
Trying to flex my hand to show that I was fine but it backfired on me. Pain shot through my hand as I tried to flex it.
 
"It's in the first cabinet to the left." I said through gritted teeth. 
 
Taking out two pills and handing me a glass of water, I quickly downed the pills.
 
Fidgeting as I leaned against the kitchen counter. Jin Young stood in front of me and placed both his hands on either side of me, trapping me in my spot. "Look at me Jin Kyung" he whispered.
 
Slowly tilting my head up, I saw the deep worry that he had for me.
 
Holding my hands in his "Are you okay?"
 
Nodding slowly "Sorry for making you so worried...It looks like things didn't go as I planned" I sighed.
 
Hugging me "I love the song that you sang for me" Jin Young murmured against my hair. "I just wish that everyone wasn't around right now...I wanted to hold you and kiss you when I realised what your words meant"
 
Placing kisses on the back of my hand, trailing up my arm. I froze when his kisses feathered my collarbone.
 
Whispering seductively into my ear "Are you sure you want me to show you what to do?"
 
++ added on
 
Turning beet red in Jin Young’s hands, I realized that it was the worst place to be. Trapped in his arms…

Gaping and stammering *That was not what I was intending went I sang that song!*

Sealing my lips with his, my eyes closed as I felt his sweetness envelope me.

My arms went around his neck to pull him closer to my level while Jin Young’s hand travelled up my back and his other went to my thigh, lightly nudging it up so that my legs would go around his waist as he began to hold me up against the wall.

“J-Jin Young, e-everyone’s outs-side.” I said through my foggy mind.

“Just a little more” Leaving trails along my neck, his voice turned husky and almost irresistible.

Hearing a knock on the door “Honey, we’re going to countdown to midnight. You can join us if you want or you can give me a grandchild as a second Christmas present.”

My blood went cold realizing that it was my Omma at the door.

“We really need to stop here” I breathed heavily.

 Chuckling at my panicked state, Jin Young slowly let me down on the ground.

-

“Merry Christmas everyone!!” everyone started wishing each other once the clock struck midnight.

Wishing them Merry Christmas, I wondered how different things would have been if I didn’t decide to come back to Korea, if I didn’t decide to enroll in that school…I would most likely still be in America or Europe right now.

“Merry Christmas Jagiya” Jin Young gave me a back hug.

Smiling as I leaned back, feeling warm and secure “Merry Christmas Jin Young” I rested my head against his chest, feeling pure bliss of having my loved ones near me.

*My dear friend in heaven…things weren’t as we planned or thought and I went back to my first love. You wouldn’t be too happy at that but I’m really glad that I found him again and that he remembered me. That he’s my boyfriend now and possibly my husband in the future.

I hope that you’re in a better place and that you’ve found relief to your pain because I have…* I looked at the Christmas tree. If she were alive today we would be celebrating her birthday since it was close to the 25th.

Feeling that I was being turned around, gentle lips went to kiss the side of my eyes. Kissing my tears away “Why are you crying?” Jin Young asked.

“I was thinking of my best friend Nikki while I was still overseas…I miss her a lot” I said quietly. “I hope that she’s happy in heaven”

“I’m sure that she is” Jin Young patted the top of my head comfortingly with his warm hand.

“I hope that this will be the first of many Christmases together” I smiled to him.

“It will be, I’m sure of it” Jin Young smiled back confidently.

 

Annyeong!! 

This chapter is overdue since I planned to do double updates but meh, change of plans.

It strangely took me awhile to get this chapter out :x

One other piece of news...well err...I kinda broke my arm over the holidays so updates will be even slower than usual since I have only one hand to type :x

I hope you liked the update!! *Even though the chapter feels a little choppy and rushed to me >.< I wanted to get this out anyway*

With Love,

Violynn (04/01/2013 ; 12:02PM)

++ added on

 Well I was continuing off from this chapter and I realised that if I wanted the story to advance the way I want to, I needed to put this part in this chapter. I didn't really want to delete this because well...this part is important to Jin Kyung.

So here's a little bonus to my dear readers!! :3

With love,

Violynn (06/01/2012 ; 11:22PM)