Chapter 17 - Please don't say you regret it...

I Remember You

“While I was there, I kept remembering Yunha and what she said...and I kept thinking that...If we hadn’t kissed that day; I wouldn’t have to face her. I wouldn’t have to suffer the injury and move away to recover…if not for the kiss; I wouldn’t have to change my dream…” I said, my voice growing shaky.

“Yah, Soo Jin Kyung. Look at me” he said, making me look into his eyes. His voice was filled with an authority in his voice that I couldn’t refuse.

“Tell me” He paused, his gaze softening a little bit. “Do you regret our first kiss?”

Shaking my head immediately “I don’t” I breathed.

“Why?” he asked as he moved in and whispered into my ear.

*I can’t believe he’s asking me this...* my heart thumped hard. “i-it was everything I could ask for in a first kiss…it w-was sweet, gentle and….” I trailed off. My last reason was hard for me to say out loud.

“And” Jin Young said expectantly, breathing onto my neck, making the hair on the back of my neck stand on end.

“It was from someone I liked” I said embarrassedly, slightly hating him for forcing me to say it.

“Then please Jin Kyung, don't ever regret our kiss...It means too much to me and it'll break my heart if you say that you regret it...." He said softly, sadness evident in his voice.

"There is nothing to worry about Yunha.” He said, rubbing his thumb against my cheek to rub away the tear stains “Girls like her would have confronted you sooner or later…I just wished you told me about her. I could have protected you from her...” Jin Young explained.

“If I had told you about her then do you think that all this could have been avoided?” I asked.

“It’s hard to say Jin Kyung. Psychopaths like her are hard to predict.” He joked.

“Yah, Jin Young. It’s not nice to call someone psychopaths.” I warned him.

“Seriously Jin Kyung? You’re defending someone who pushed you down the stairs?” he looked at me funnily with an eyebrow raised.

“Aish” I chided myself internally. “I didn’t intend to defend her…the worst thing was she won with the song that I meant to play…”

“She’s not as good as you. You’re way better” Jin Young smiled at me again, his small eyes disappearing into lines as usual. “She could only win because of your injury. I know for sure that you would have won the competition” he said, kissing me on the lips making me feel lightheaded and all dreamy like.

Snapping out of it “J-Jin Young!” I half yelled “Y-yah, I-I’m not your girlfriend, you can’t kiss girls like this on their lips”

“Then I can kiss you like that somewhere else?” he said very seriously.

“Jin Young! That’s not what I meant!” I flushed a deep shade of red.

“Wae” he pouted. “Why can’t I kiss you on the lips? I already kissed you earlier on just now”