Chapter 23 - A different feeling

I Remember You

“The feeling of a missing heart…” I said quietly, holding her right wrist and feeling her heartbeat.

“Writing filled up the void temporarily. And when a girl came up to me with a confession…I selfishly accepted thinking that my heart would change if I spent time with someone else. Using her as something to get over you…

Going out on dates, holding hands, kissing…I did what I thought would erase you but in the end it backfired on me. You were always on my mind I tried to do something. My mind would always say ‘if only it was her’ and always comparing them against you…

Eventually the girls would always get frustrated at me on how I don’t do stuff to them or be romantic with them and break off the relationship…”

Noticing that she’s being very quiet, I got her to face me…

I know the look she has on her face. “Are you feeling guilty Jin Kyung?” I asked softly as she hung her head low.

“Ne…” she answered sounding sad. “It’s not your fault that things ended up that way Jin Kyung.” I called her name trying to get her to look up at me. I needed to see what was running through her mind. “Those were choices I made, not yours. So don’t fee–”

“But I do feel guilty!” exclaimed as she pulled away from my arms. Tears welling up in her eyes again “P-perhaps if hadn’t done things the way I did…You wouldn’t have had to suffer, you could have forgotten about me. You wouldn’t have to go through all those relationships in vain. You could have moved on–”

“No I wouldn’t Jin Kyung! Can’t you see! Even if you weren’t here, you were all that occupied my mind! What difference would it make if you did things differently?! I would still be waiting for you to come back. Aish! Jin Kyung! For a girl so smart why are you so dumb?!”

“I’m not dumb!” She argued back. “Yes you are if that’s all you caught from everything I said just now!” I retorted back.

“I heard everything fine! I’m not the one who went out on dates and everything with other people…”

“You’ve got to be joking” I said flatly.

“I’m not” she answered crossing her arms.

“So you’re jealous?” I replied raising an eyebrow.

“Mwoh?! How do you come up with an answer like that!?”

“Jin Kyung. If you haven’t notice, I’ve been saying how you took my heart away, how you were the one that was always on my mind no matter what I did. Everything is about YOU.” I said and her eyes widened in realisation.

“But apparently, the only thing that stands out to you is that…I quote ‘went out on dates and everything with other people’…what everything? Nothing I had ever progressed that far Jin Kyung.” I continued. Pointing out that she assumed I did everything.

“Yah, Jin Young. Why are you moving closer to me?” She asked warily as I moved closer to her spot.

“Just admit it Jin Kyung.” I said as I cornered her. “You’re jealous of the other girls.”

“N-no I’m not” She scoffed looking away.

“Omonah!” She exclaimed as I pinned her to the bed a second time today. “Yah! Jung Jin Young! Let go of me!”

“Nope, not until you admit it.” I laughed. It’s my first time seeing her like this. Why does she have to be so cute when she’s jealous and angry? Is it normal for me to think of it this way? Or am I just strange?

“I’m not going to say it” She huffed, turning her face to the side.

“Yah, Jin Kyung. You better hope that you’re still not ticklish” I smirked, letting go of her hands to tickle her waist, making her laugh uncontrollably.

After 1 minute of tickling and trying to hold it in. She burst out laughing “ALRIGHT! HAAHAHA – I GIVE UP! HAHAHA – I WAS JEALOUS! HHAHAAHA! NOW STOP HAAHA – TICKLING MEEEEE!!!” She yelled, her face red from laughter and her eyes all misty with tears.

“What happened to the gentle and shy Jin Young that I knew” she sighed. “So soft spoken and understanding…” “You forgot playful” I smirked. “Also who was the one who won all those games we played?”

“You did” she muttered darkly. “I see you remember” I smiled as I just collapse over her.

“Oofh, get off me. You’re heavy Jin Young” she wheezed “No I’m not, I’m only 59kg.” I replied.

“But still…it’s hard for me to breathe if your weight is on me” she explained.

“I don’t think you have any breathing problems. Just that you’re heart is beating too fast” I answered. I seriously could feel her heart beat and wow was it in overdrive!

“I’ll spare you on one condition” I smiled.

                **************

Jin Kyung POV:

*What the heck is this condition?* I wondered as there was this playful glint in his eyes that scared me a little.

“You give me a good night kiss on the lips” he stated his condition.

*I knew it!*

“ert” I said sticking my tongue out.

“Alright then, I’m okay with sleeping like this” he smiled.

*Mwoh? Seriously?! Ahhh!!! This is sooo unfair…*

“I gave you a kiss just now…you do it this time!” I protested. Not sure if I can handle another kiss that was initiated by me.

Jin Young’s lips were on mine in an instant, his firm lips press against my own. Making my heart flutter again, how does he always manage to do this? It felt like electricity was running through us, coursing through my veins.

Breathing hard into our kisses, Jin Young broke away to let us recover our breath. I found myself staring at his lips and wanting his warmth on me again… *WTH Jin Kyung! What are you thinking!! You have to snap out of this. You can’t be so easily smitten…Ahhh too late, I already am!! Jin Young! What are you already doing to me?!!*

Smiling as he snuggled up to me “This feels like a dream…” he said as he rested his head on my shoulder. “I almost don’t want to fall asleep…What if all of this disappears when I wake up? What if in the morning I wake up to find myself on my own bed?”

“Omo, you would have a serious case of sleepwalking then if you’re able to get from here back to your place” I chuckled.

“Yah, don’t poke fun at my worries.”Jin Young warned. “You have no idea how glad I am to have you back and to be able to hold you like this…” He said softly after he shifted our positions, resting his head on my pillow facing me and gently pulling me against him. My head half resting on my pillow and on his arm as he wrapped it around me.

I blushed seeing this would be how we were going to fall asleep. This felt so different from when we were younger. We were just innocently talking into the night, telling jokes, talking about music pieces that we hoped to play together in the future and the places that we were going to travel to perform…

Looking into his eyes we stared at each other wordlessly and I couldn’t help but think that Jin Young really became a lot more good looking over the four years…He lost his baby fats and it accentuated his sharp jaw line. Reaching up to touch his cheek, I wondered how he managed to remain so fair. His skin colour the same from when I last saw him…

Photobucket

My hand lingering at his cheek, I noticed how sharp his nose is and those fair lips of his…it’s almost unfair how a guy could have so much good features. His eyes were the same though, I laughed inwardly. Those small eyes of his…and how they resemble a fox.

Seeing a sparkle of light in the corner of my eye, I saw that he had his both his ears pierced. Usually guys only get one side done but Jin Young pulls it off well.

Moving my hand to touch his earring, it was a simple stud with a white crystal in the middle.

I saw that his ear was slightly red…but was it my doing?

Brushing against his bangs as I touched his earrings, how did he get his hair to be so soft and silky? It was tempting to run my hand through his hair and see how it feels…But would he allow me?

Closing his eyes as if he read my mind, Jin Young bent his head a little closer to me. Was he telling me it was okay?

Hesitantly running my hand through his hair, I wondered why he dyed it…Don’t get me wrong, coffee brown looks great on him and I love it but I missed his black hair.  He had a friendlier and a guy next door feel when it was black.

“Jin Kyung” He whispered my name and there was something…something in his voice made my heart melt. His eyes were closed but still…it made my heart throb with a pang of pain that I couldn’t understand.

“Jin Young?” He opened his eyes when a tear escaped from my eye and fell onto his arm. “Wae…what’s wrong?”

“Ani…It’s nothing” I answered, my eyes still watering with another batch of tears ready to fall. Wrapping my arms around his neck, I pulled him in to a hug finding a need in me to cling to him.

His arms going around my waist, he pulled me closer to him and I instantly felt comforted. My heart still quelled with a pain that I didn’t understand but it felt bearable in his arms.