C67: When?

I Remember You

 

Jin Kyung's POV:
 
Thinking of telling Jin Young tomorrow. 
 
Tomorrow became next week and next week became next month.
 
Eventually months pass and both my Omma and I acted that nothing was different. 
 
That I had never signed a contract to leave the country in January   ...
 
But a great news is that Jin Young, Shin Woo, Baro, Sandeul and Gong Chan had signed a contract for them to train under a recording company.
 
Sure, it meant that we would have lesser time for each other since the group had to go to the company for various trainings but honestly...
 
It was better that way; I could focus on music theories, composing, writing and wouldn’t be constantly reminded about the fact that I would eventually leave for another three to four years.
 
-
Spring gave way to Summer and Summer quickly made way for Autumn...
 
Seasons changed so quickly it felt that time was slipping out of my hands.
 
Being the season for placement exams. Some of my classmates would head to arts universities to study music, filming, dancing or etc.
 
The other lucky ones like Jin Young and his group along with a few other classmates here and there had signed contracts to be trainees under certain companies. One step closer in their efforts to debut.
 
But the extra training it didn’t stop us from studying hard and being perfectionists like most of us are.
 
Sure, there were moments one of us, our classmates collapsed from physicals fatigue or had a nervous breakdown. We did our best to support each other. 
 
It was hard showing this side of us to our parents. No father or mother would want to see the full extent of their child's pain because it was too heartbreaking.
 
You could say it's a relatable pain that we all share and burden together...
 
-
 
Finishing my last paper, I saw Jin Young waiting outside by the school gates. His breath becoming white puffs in this cold November.
 
Smiling when he saw me, when I got close enough “Let’s go on a date” He held onto my hands, swinging them to and fro.
 
“Where to?” I returned the smile, loving his spontaneity. 
 
Even though we hadn’t had a lot of time together at school, we would still go over to each other’s place to hang out and have meals as usual.
 
About to walk away from the gates. A schoolmate from another class called out Jin Young’s name, asking if she could talk to him privately.
 
Agreeing to leave them alone, it was my turn to wait for Jin Young by the school gates. Watching them head back to the steps of the school entrance a distance away.
 
-
 
Jin Young’s POV:
 
It can’t be true.
 
What Min Ji said can’t be true.
 
Jin Kyueng signed a contract? Why didn't she tell me about it?
 
It also requires her to go for further studies in America?
 
What bullsh** is this! She promised that she wouldn't leave! Jin Kyung can't be breaking my her promise and my trust for her at the same time...
 
"How are you so sure" My voice was low and angry.
 
Min Ji looked scared at how angry I seemed. Was she regretting coming to me and telling me this news?
 
Hands that were trembling, unclear whether it was anxiety or from the cold took out printed pictures “I was following Jin Kyung around after she gained popularity during the Spring Showcase." 
 
 
Handing the small stack of pictures to me "These are photos of her handing the signed contract to the company representative Jin Young-ssi." 
 
"Mr. Kang caught me outside and said that they had signed a confidentiality contract and if I spread the word he would make sure that I wouldn’t be able to land a job in the future..." Min Ji said looking incredibly perplexed. "But I felt that you at least had to know about it, I could tell that you didn’t know about it."
 
"I figured that if you had known, you wouldn’t have willingly spent so much time at the label company." She said, not meeting my gaze much as she shifted uncomfortably on the spot.
 
Bowing a full 90 degrees "I’m sorry if I cause any trouble between the two of you. I’m sure that Jin Kyung has her reasons why…” she said in one long breaths and passed me a thumbdrive before running out of the school.
 
-
 
Fuming mad as I walked up to Jin Kyung. Her smiling expression changed  into a confused one by the time I reached her.
 
“Are you really leaving for America” I asked directly.
 
Seeing her stunned reaction answered my question.
 
“H-how did you know?” Jin Kyung asked me as I watched the colour drain from her face; resting a hand against the wall to steady herself as she slowly leaned against it.
 
“Min Ji just told me. She even had pictures of you handing the contract over to the company representative”
 
“I w-was going t-to tell you” I watched her stutter.
 
“When? On graduation day? The day you left for America?!” I said cornering her in that spot against the wall as I placed both my arms on either side of her, not allowing her to move away.
 
“You were planning to leave me like how you did years ago.” I glared at her.
 
Shaking her head, I could see that heavy tears were falling from her eyes.
 
“THEN WHEN?! When were you going to tell me if Min Ji hadn’t done it for you!!!” I yelled causing her to jump in shock, having only seen me raise my voice was that once when I discovered that she was really Jin Kyung.
 
“DAMN IT JIN KYUNG!" I slammed my fist against the wall "HOW COULD YOU!! You f—king promised and now you're breaking it even though you said that I could trust you this time round! Was it all a lie just to make me happy?!” I continued shouting in outrage, slamming my fist repeatedly to the wall as profanities came out, unable to findother words in my anger.
 
“I didn’t mean to break my promise Jin Young!” She cried, face turned aside to avoid my gaze.
 
“Didn’t mean to? Stop with your damned lies already! You meant to break your promise the moment you signed on that f—king line!” I retorted, hitting my hand against the brick wall so hard that I could feel it starting to bleed.
 
“I thought that I deserved the right to chase after my dream!” Jin Kyung yelled back with tears streaming down her face.
 
Her gaze finally meeting my own. Jin Kyung's voice was soft as it trembled uncontrollably from her crying.
 
“Of all people. I thought that you’d be able to understand that…”
 

I cried while writing this first draft many months back when I started planning for the story plot when I began this story.

 
I'm a little sad that this story is ending but I'm glad for the process :)
 
Comment, upvote or tell me you hate me for causing this pain in this fluffy story ~
 
With love,
 
Violynn. (01/03/2013 ; 12:13pm)