C:71 Birthday Gift

I Remember You

 

*Really soft...* was all my mind was thinking of as I slowly stirred awake.
 
*Strangely enough, it feels like someone is kissing me* I thought. Finding it really hard to breathe and that my body was feeling really hot.
 
Opening my eyes to just a crack, I saw Jin Kyung's y expression as she deepened our kiss.
 
"Jin Young" She calls my name breathlessly.  
 
*Damn that's y* I reached up to tangle my fingers in her hair. Pulling her closer to enjoy the kiss more.
 
Both of us running out of breath "Happy Birthday" Jin Kyung wheezed as she placed a hand over her heart.
 
Smiling widely "this is a nice way to start the day" my morning voice still evident.
 
"I don't think I'll be able to give this to you everyday Jin Young, it's going to be too much stress on my poor heart" Jin Kyung did her best to breathe deeply to steady her heartbeat.
 
"Is there any place that you want to go?" Jin Kyung gave me a warm smile as her fingers sifted through my bed head slowly smoothing it out.
 
"The ocean" I let out a lazy yawn and stretch in my bed.
 
"The ocean?!" She repeated cutely like a parrot.
 
"Yeah, somewhere by Incheon" I lazed a little more in bed.
 
"Then get out of bed already, isn't Incheon 1 or 2 hours away?" Jin Kyung nudged me. "I'm going to head down and help Jung Omma make seaweed soup for you" 
 
I heard her footsteps fading and the door clicking open and close.
 
-
"Jin Young, are you sure that this is the right path to the beach?" Jin Kyung's question made me feel like laughing.
 
"I'm not" was my reply. It looks like she has forgotten that I have a horrible sense of direction.
 
"What?!" She started to panic at being lost.
 
"Don't worry, let's just explore the area" I interlace my fingers with her to calm her down. 
 
"There's nothing wrong in not knowing where we are. We'll eventually come to understand where we are in due time" I started leading her away from our current spot.
 
When I found that Jin Kyung wasn't going along with me. Giving her a reassuring smile "Don't be afraid of the unknown. Experience something different with me?" I tugged lightly at her hand.
 
-
 
"... Experience something different with me?" His voice echoes in my mind.
 
Taking a hesitant step with him, I guess it won't be that bad.
 
Especially if Jin Young is by my side.
 
Walking down the streets for 15 minutes. It felt so cold near the beach as I readjusted the scarf around my neck. 
 
But it turns out that we weren't far from the beach and it was within sight and smell.
 
"I'll miss this when I go" I couldn't help myself from saying, carefully choosing my words and not wanting to use "leave"
 
Jin Young smiled to me but his eyes reflected a deep sadness that made me feel guilty.
 
I can't say that I don't want to go because I want to. 
 
"I'll miss you so much Jin Young" I hold onto the lapels of his coat. Knowing very well that I'll be missing the fact that he was always so close to me. That his presence is such a big thing in my everyday life.
 
Looking up at him, I can feel what he wants to say. "Kajima, don't go." 
 
But he knows how much I want to go, how much I want this so he bites back his words.
 
Clearing my throat and coughing "I'm sorry for making the mood so sad. It's your birthday, the day that I'm thankful for because it is today that you were born into this world"
 
I take a deep breath and step away. Looking at him with playful eyes, "I'll race you to that staircase that leads down to the beach!" Pointing down the curved path that led to the beach.
 
"Alright" Jin Young's eyes sparkle genuinely in amusement. Holding his hand out to do the countdown "1...2–"
 
"3!!" I cheated and took a head start thankful that I wore sneakers instead of flats or sandals.
 
"Yah! That's cheating!" He yelled but I already had quite a lead.
 
Managing to reach the staircase first I decided to continue and skipped alternating steps and got to the sandy ground first.
 
"Come back here you cheater!" I hear his bright laughter close behind me.
 
My breaths forming big white puffs as I ran "No way!" I continued to run even though my legs burned from the lack of oxygen supply. Running in the sand is tougher than I thought.
 
I managed to run to a nearby pier and leaned against the railing. Too tired to care about being caught by Jin Young at this moment.
 
Yelping when his body crashed against mine. "Finally managed to catch this cheater" Arms locking themselves around my waist so tightly, it felt like he was going to never let go.
 
Our breathing heavy and harsh as we stood there. We eventually burst out into laughter simply just enjoying ourselves and having fun.
 
"Let's take a photo Jin Young" I hold up my phone and clicked at the icon.
 
"Wow, we look really horrible in this picture" He laughs when he looks at the captured moment.
 
"Got caught by Jin Young after cheating in a race with him T^T so tired but happy" I added captions on a copy of the photo.
 
Showing my handiwork to him "What do you think?"
 
Blinking at my screen "Send it to me, both the original and the other one with captions" He said while giving a nod of approval.
 
"But this better not go on any SNS Jin Kyung." He warned me.
 
"The easiest is cyworld. How else do you send it to you without using money at all?" I pouted.
 
"Kakao talk Jagiya, you have my ID. We're going to be using it a lot in the future" he pinched my nose.
 
Nodding obediently, I sent both of it over.
 
Jin Young looks really handsome in this seaside sunlight. I held up my phone and took a few candid shots of him. 
 
Sensing that the camera was on him, he flashed a sweet smile that made me blush. Fanning my face, I had to turn away at how much 'electricity' he sent from just one smile. 
 
"Did I make your heart race from just a smile?" Jin Young said playfully into my ear from behind me. Making his way around me so that he stood in front of me again. I nodded my response because I don't trust my own mouth and what it might say.
 
Lightly holding both of my hands, "you better not let your heart race like that for anyone else aside from me when you're there" he looked at me very seriously
 
His words brings a smile to my lips as I let go of his hand to wrap my arms around his neck.
 
"Silly pabo, where am I going to find another sly, erted fox like you over there?" I stood on my tiptoes to give him a kiss.
 
"Even if you do, you better stay away from him Jin Kyung" he warned.
 
Taking a deep breath "My heart will only race for you Jin Young" I looked into those familiar warm brown eyes and confessed boldly. "You're the only one who can make me feel this way and almost make me suffer from a heart attack with just one smile" 
 
My shaking hands reaching into my shoulder bag, I took out my present that I had prepared. It wasn't big and the box was only the size of his hand but I hoped that he would like it for it's meaning. 
 
"I wanted to give this to you at the end of the day but...the moment now feels right for me to give it to you" I hand him the wrapped gift.
 
Watching him tear the wrapping paper apart and opening the box. "We're graduating next year and you're an adult now, I wanted this to symbolize that you have your key to the future..."
 
"Thank you Jin Kyung I –" he tried to thank me but I had to cut him off.
 
"I've not finished talking about what else it symbolizes." I prepared my nervous heart for the words that I would say next.
 
"I hope that in the future, you'll have freedom in your composing and what goes into the music album that you guys will be singing." Sincerely praying for creative freedom in his future, I took a deep breath and pulled my scarf away from my neck.
 
Pulling out the necklace that I wore and holding it between my fingers "Lastly, it represents how you're the only one who has the key to my heart" I gaze up at Jin Young who took a step closer to me and was simply staring at me wordlessly.
 
"I-it's a real key f-for this necklace and w-without it I really can't take it off..." I began to tense up from his lack of response.
 
Taking the heart shaped lock from my fingers Jin Young held up his key and fit it in the keyhole.
 
With a turn and a soft click, it unlocked itself and he looked really surprised that it worked.
 
Quickly closing the lock again I was suddenly showered with kisses all over my face and lips. 
 
Sighing in relief, I guess he really likes the couple necklace I got. 
 
I figured that it would be hard to convince him with just words alone so I figured that it would be better if my words were coupled with something real.
 
Breaking apart for air, Jin Young's smile was so breathtaking that it was even harder for me to breathe.
 
"Help me put it on?" He held out the necklace and bent down slightly so that I could reach around his neck easily.
 
When I was done, Jin Young pulled me in for another hug. 
 
"Thank you...this is the best present I've ever had" he murmurs as he squishes me to him. 
 
"Even better than the Kara dance that I did last year?" I joked. 
 
Feeling him nod and humming in agreement which surprises me "This is the best present ever."
 

Annyeong~ 

I'm back with another update :) this is a really sweet chapter isn't it? 

I'm drowning in the fluff that I write XD But I'm really happy for this story. It's always been able to put a smile on my face whenever I proofread or write the chapters.

Look forward to the ending with me okay? :) I can promise you that it's going to get sweeter from here~

With love,

Violynn (2013/03/20 ; 4:02 am)