Chapter 36 - Two can play this game

I Remember You

*Just a little different from usual* I thought to myself.

It was a shirt from when I was just a few years younger. When I was at the midpoint of puberty, my height had not changed for a few years now so my shirt would still reach just a few inches above my knees.

The only thing that had changed in the meantime was my figure. Becoming snug against my figure, it was still a little loose but it managed to do what I wanted it to.

Holding onto the doorknob, I was worried for later since this was my first time doing something like this but a fashion show with Jin Young was starting to worry me.

If he could find that dress and heels in my wardrobe, what else could he find that I forgot?

Pulling the door open since my door swung inwards, I saw Jin Young outside the door with his arm up about to knock the door.

His eyes widened when he saw me. “Y-You were t-taking awhile…I got worried and thought that something might have happened inside” Jin Young explained, letting his hand fall by his side.

Smiling innocently back at him, “I’m alright, let’s get started on our homework. You take the table and I’ll do work on my bed.” I allocated purposefully since I only had one study table in my room and no other extra furniture for sitting.

Leaning against the headboard of my bed, I could see that Jin Young was beginning to avoid looking at me. *Assa! My plan is working~* I smiled as I worked on my maths homework.

“Jin Young” I called him after a few moments passed.

“Hmm?” He answered not looking away from his homework.

“How do you answer the second last question?” I asked him, pretending not knowing how to. The disappointing thing was that he explained verbally how to answer that question.

Rolling my eyes “Jin Young, you know me better than anybody. You should not that I’m not an audio learner” I told him truthfully. This fact IS real.

Even when I was learning to play piano pieces, I would always look for video resources to see how each musician played. Observing their technical aspects and such, I wondered why Jin Young didn’t want to come over and show me the first time round.

Taking the chair over, Jin Young took my work and used a pencil as he showed to me how to solve the equation. Erasing his work and moving my chair back when he made sure I understood, I went back to work smiling.

I had seen him gulp nervously as he came over and noticed how he kept minimal eye contact with me, mostly looking at the work that he held in his hands.

Finishing the last two questions, I went over to the study table and showed him my equations. Asking if I had gotten them right since they were asking on the same concept.

Bending down as I rested my elbows against the desk while I waited for him to look through. I noticed that he cleared his throat and coughed a few times before passing me my work back.

“Jin Young, are you right?” I asked. “Do you have a fever or something?” I continued asking, my hand reaching for his forehead.

Shying away from my hand, Jin Young nervously answered “I-I’m fine”.

“But you’re coughing and stuttering…You sure you’re fine?” I asked him, sitting on my desk only a few inches away from him.

I knew I was playing my cards right when he looked away from me. Gaining a little more confidence, I took Jin Young’s ruler from the desk and used it to tilt his head back to look at me.

Not expecting my action, his head turned easily as we looked at each other eye to eye.

For the first time, Jin Young broke eye contact with me while his head remained in the same position. Leaning closer to him. I whispered into his ear “So…are my answers correct Jin Young?” I asked, making sure my breath blew lightly into his ear.

Moving cautiously away from me, “N-Ne…They’re correct” He stammered again. I bit my lip to stop myself from laughing. It was my first time seeing him like this and I had to admit, this is kind of fun. Embarrassing as it is…I felt uncomfortable at how my shirt would feel tight at certain places even though it was a little loose all around. I don’t think I would be doing this again once this game is over…

Getting off the table and going behind the chair “Hey Jin Young” I whispered playfully into his ear, making him answer back uncertainly. “I won’t be falling for that kind of tricks, ja-gi-ya” I repeated his same words he said to me on Sunday night, purposefully adding the endearment behind.

I hoped that it had an effect on him since it was the first time I called him that. I fought hard against myself as my cheeks threatened to blush after the word left my lips.

Excusing himself to go to the bathroom. I laughed into my pillow at how successful my first attempt went. Covering my legs with my blanket since I was a little chilly, I put on my ear piece and playing some music, I smiled to myself as I went on with other homework.

After he came back a few minutes later, Jin Young was really wary of me after my small stunt.

My Omma invited Jin Young and his Omma for dinner afterwards. I told Jin Young to head down first as I changed into my usual shirt. Sitting next to him as per usual on the dining table, I would call his name a few times and feed him a piece of meat or a veggie from time to time.

These were all my first time giving him such loving actions in the few weeks we were together. Sure our Ommas cooed at our actions and I was embarrassed at the attention but the main thing was that Jin Young was on the receiving end for once.

Going up to my room to pack his stuff, I stood by the side as I watched Jin Young.

Following him as he went to the door and turned the door knob, I had one last trick to play before he left.

“Jagiya” I called him again, making Jin Young freeze at the endearment. Placing a hand on the door and closing it gently. I reached for his school tie and lightly pulled at it. Forcing him to bend down a little. As I tiptoed to whisper into his ear. “Two can play this game Jin Young” I said playfully as I let his tie go and went into my bathroom, closing the door behind me.

Hearing him express his frustration as I pressed my ear to the door, I heard his footsteps and the door opening and closing. Listening to how his steps faded away, I was sure that he left this time.

I refused to be tricked like the last time my identity was discovered. Going to sleep with a smile on my face, I was happy that I affected him in a way. I had managed to prove that I wasn’t just going to sit back and let him win.

-

*There’s only today left before this game ends* I thought to myself as I got ready for school. *But how do I trick Jin Young into having physical contact with me? We didn’t think about what to do if there was a draw…*

I frowned as I tied my hair into a ponytail, I heard that the weather wouldn’t be so cold and it meant that I didn’t need my hair to keep my neck warm.

Grabbing the scarf on my way out just in case, I headed out the door and saw Jin Young there as usual.

He was really mean on our way to school…

Having longer legs to his height, he walked really fast wherever he went. Making me half jog almost every moment I was time with him.

And when I asked him to slow down, he would hold out his hand and say that if I wanted him to match my walking speed I would need to hold his hand in order to do that.

*Is this revenge for yesterday?* I wondered as I refused his hand.


Annyeonghaseyo!! :D

I'm sooo tired and deadbeat. Tried proofreading but my eyes couldn't focus at all >.<

I'll proofread this when I'm free.

Hope you enjoy reading the story! :D

Witl Love,

Violynn~