Chapter 1 - Familiar Face

I Remember You

Hi guys, the first chappie is up!! :D To those that subscribed I can't say thank you enough.

I had planned to start posting after my exams but I realised that it might be too long (my exams end on the 27th >.<) so I figured it'd be better to post it now :)

Jin Young’s POV:

“Morning Shin Woo” I greeted my best friend who was sleeping away at his desk.

“Morning” he mumbled back with his eyes still closed.

It was a normal morning as the class filled up with people that we’ve known since middle school. This wasn’t a small town, just that this is a vocational school known for bringing up top notch idols, actors, songwriters, etc and most of us came from the middle school branch.

A good portion of the country’s celebrities came from this school and that’s what everyone here is aiming for.

Me?

I just love music and singing so much that there’s no better way for me to go.

I had considered going the normal science and engineer route but there was this nagging voice in my mind that never let me forget about singing and music.

“Good morning class.” I heard Mrs. Choi our homeroom teacher say as she slides open the door, making the class go quiet in an instant.

Greeting her back, everyone kept a respectful silence as she marked our attendance.

Hearing the bell ring signifying that class had officially started, Mrs Choi was about to go through some announcements when I heard the door slide open again.

 “Hi…ummm, I’m the new transfer student…” the girl said shyly.

‘Strange’ I thought ’she sounds like someone I know…’

“Ah yes, Soo Jin Kyung” Mrs Choi said her name as she peered from her glasses. Not looking very pleased that she arrived after the bell rang.

‘Why does that name sound so familiar?’ I wondered as I tapped my pen against the table.

 “I’m Mrs. Choi your homeroom teacher.” Mrs Choi continued, putting her papers down. “If you have any difficulties with class let me know. You may introduce yourself to the class”

“Hi everyone” she said, giving a slight bow “I’m Soo Jin Kyung; I hope we can all be friends” she added giving a rather shy smile.

Looking around, I wanted to roll my eyes at the fact that half the guys were already smitten by her.

“Is there anything you want to add about yourself?” Mrs. Choi asked.

“I’m…aspiring to be a composer songwriter. I hope to write great songs when I get the chance to work with you.” she bowed again.

Suddenly, everyone burst out laughing.

It has been a while since we’ve had fresh young blood in our class, especially such an adorable and shy looking one.

We all could tell that she was bowing out of nervousness.

How could anyone blame the girl?

Everyone here have this sort of charisma that overwhelms people.

 “So cute!” The girls whispered excitedly to each other.

“YOU’RE REALLY PRETTY” some boys shouted out.

“Omo” she blushed harder, looking everywhere. Not sure where to put her attention at.

“Si Hyun Ah, don’t scare the cute girl when she just arrived” one of the guys voiced out to the one that shouted ‘you’re really pretty’ the loudest.

“Min Jin, you’re the one to talk. Calling her cute as well” he shouted back, their bickering making the class laugh. Si Hyun and Min Jin being our cohort’s best comedians, even the teachers all think that they’ll do well after they graduate.

“Omo Teacher, I’d like to get to my seat now.” Jin Kyung said, quite embarrassed and thoroughly blushing.

“Yes, thank you bringing us back to point Jin Kyung. Please take the empty seat in the back, the one by the piano” Mrs Choi pointed in my direction.

“Ne” she answered giving a slight bow as she went to her seat. Earning a few chuckles and some others to comment on how cute she was again, making her blush come back.

Hey wait. I’m by the piano and the only empty seat here is next to me…

Mrs. Choi shook her head in exasperation as the picked up her papers again.

Taking a good look at her as she walked towards the seat next to me, I could only think of how similar she looked to someone I knew.

I had not seen that person in four years and I’m sure that she might have changed considerably but this girl really looked similar to how my friend might be.

Not to mention they have the same names…

“Hi” she said, giving me a smile as she reached her seat. “I’m Jin Kyung, nice to meet you” she gave a slight nod.

“I’m Jin Young” I smiled, giving a slight nod myself. “Let’s focus on what Mrs. Choi is saying. If you need any help, you can ask me” I said before gave my attention back to the front see Mrs Choi looking at Jin Kyung and me, waiting for us before she could start the lesson proper.

All throughout homeroom I tried paying attention to what Mrs. Choi was saying but in the back of my mind. There was this nagging voice in my head that kept wondering if it was her.

 

*AN: This is ony the starting, it'll get interesting later :) I'm laying out the foundations before anything happens :D