End of Waiting

Lambo's assemblage

"You are still waiting for her huh?" Her friend asked when he gave her a cup of coffee.

"Of course. She'll get mad at me if I wont. Besides, I got all the time in the world to do so." 

"Dont you think it's a little hopeless?"

"She didnt give up on me when we got separated because of our career."

"You're really something Am."

"I dont think its something I should be proud of Hen. I just love her so much that I dont question anything. Whether how long will it take." She smiled thinking of the girl.

---
"Will you get tired of me Am?" she frowned at the question. It feels like there is something the other girl is not telling her.

"Of course not."

"Will you marry me?"

"Woah woah. Hold it princess. Are you seriously proposing to me?" She was flabbergasted by the sudden proposal. 

"Well. You said you wont get tired of me right? No matter what?"

"Hmm yes but dont you think this kinda. You know. Unromantic?" it was answered by a giggle from the girl. 

"Oh so you want a romantic proposal? Roses and me kneeling down showing you a ring?" Amber felt embarrassed by the idea. She wasnt expecting to be proposed to. She always thought she was the one who is going to propose. 

"A-ani. Aishh jinjja. Princess. I love you but it's a no for me."

"Why?????" A cute pouting face of the girl was shown and Amber swore she wanted to kiss her if they werent at the girl's parents' house.

"Because. I wanted everything to be perfect when we both decided to get married." She hugged the girl instead.

"Wont you like to marry me now?"

"Now?"

"Yep. Now. We can fly to Cali. Get married with some friends invited. Jessi's sched would fit it. She isnt busy this week."

"Oh god. You are serious."

"I am. So will you marry me?"


"Still a no." Amber said. Before Krystal had the chance to speak she already cut her off.

"My princess deserves the perfect wedding and not just a spur of the moment kind of thing. Soojung please? Wait a little more?" She begged and instead of an answer a kiss was given. She blushed and Krystal chuckled because of the cuteness.

"I love you Liu. Dont get tired of me promise?" 

"I prom-"

*ring ring*

She woke up by her phone. It was ringing. She looked at her watch and it was 1 in the morning. She fell asleep for an hour.

"Yeah yeah. I'll have the proposal ready for tomorrow....Yah Jackie I know what I have to do. No...I mean aishh I dont need to rest. It is just a waste of time. I want to handle this project so please....yeah love you too weirdo." She hung up and looked at the girl lying unconsciously on the bed.


"I dreamt of you again Princess." She played with the ring on the girl's ring finger. It was their engagement ring. 

"You're really stubborn that day. When you asked me to marry you. Good that I didnt say yes. I told you I want the perfect proposal. I have always imagined be down on my knee with you standing in front of me while I slid the ring on your finger." She remembered the doctor advice that it is helpful to talk to people in coma.

Yes. There she is Krystal Jung lying down because she is in coma for almost 4 years. Amber was left waiting. Amber didnt mind. It doesnt matter how long she will wait. Anything for her princess.

"I can still clearly remember that day. I even talked to everyone to convince them to join my plan. Jessi was there too. She even scolded me when I told her I said no to your proposal but understood everything when I told her that you deserve the best."

"You know what princess. Thinking of your proposal. I should have just said yes. That way we're not just engaged but married at this moment. Maybe. Just maybe you wont be here lying down." she took a deep breath.

"I ing miss you. Please wake up and marry me. Let's move to anywhere you want and have a lot of kids. Let's make every dream come true. The two of us." She didnt even notice that her tears were already flowing. As if on time, the machines began beeping making her panic and call for the nurse.

A minute later the doctor and nurses began rushing checking all the vital signs. Everything was so fast. Amber cant understand anything. She felt numb. Does it mean the long wait is over? Is this the end? Why? She cant take it anymore. She ran away from the room. 

Her foot brought her to the chapel inside the hospital. She was so helpless.

"Just please. Save her. I was not a good person but she doesnt deserve this. I know you're the only one who can help me if you can even hear me out. Please save her. Save her." She prayed while tears are still flowing from her eyes. She was never a religious person. 


---
"Amber?"

"Where am I?"

"I brought you home. You were unconscious. The doctor said fatigue."

"Krystal... Eottoke?" She said when she remembered the scenario in the hospital.

"Krystal is stable. You should look out for yourself too. You know she wont be happy seeing you overworking yourself." 


"Here eat your breakfast. I told Jackie that you will take a leave for a month. Just rest okay?" a tray with a complete breakfast was prepared for her. She wanted to visit Krystal right now but she knew Victoria wont let her.

"You can visit Krystal later. Just please dont skip meals. Go home and rest Amber. You made us worried." 

"I will Jiejie. Sorry." 

"Aigo- dont be." 

---------------------------

"Thank you Dr. Lee. I'll talk to the family about the options."

"Alright Ms. Jung. If you are decided just tell us."

"Jess?" She called out for the petite girl who was currently talking to Krystal's doctor. 

"Hey."

"What was that? What should be discussed to the family?"

"Krystal. After what happened last night. The doctor thought if we should just decide if we still want to continue this."

"Are you saying that you will cut the ventilator and feeding tube?" it was answered with silence.

"Jessica. Are you hearing yourself?"

"Amber its been four years. I hate to see my sister lying lifelessly on that stupid bed."

"So killing her is much more acceptable huh?!"

"Am-"

"No! She'll come back. We still have to get married. A house with a white fence and a big backyard for the kids play in."

"Hear me out please-"

"No Jessica. I wont give up on her even though it hurts me to see her everyday like this. Just leave. Tell mom and dad I said hi. If you cant take it to see her this way just go back to Cali and let me be here for her." Jessica nodded in agreement and went out.

---
"You know what Princess. Everyone already miss you. Well mostly I do." She said as she gave Krystal a sponge bath. After the bath will be a massage for her limbs.

"I will wait forever Princess. I will wait for you to wake up and say I do." She kissed the girl's forehead.

"Just open your eyes so you can also see how sweet every moment we could spent together." She felt the girl's hand moved a bit. She blinked and there it is again. 

"Krys?" The girl made a low noise making Amber panicked at the moment. She immediately pushed  the button. 

"Hmmm."

"Princess." She wanted to hug her but the doctor and nurses were on the way, checking everything waiting for her to wake up.

"Amber?" She smiled at the name. It's been so long since she heard her call her.

"I'm here princess but please let the doctor check you first." She squeezed her hand and smiled at the girl. She's a little disoriented but managed to smile. 

---
"The tests went well after a few more therapies and she'll be good to go" The doctor said to her and Amber looked at the girl who was in a session with her nurse.

"it was very rare for a person in coma to wake up after years."

"She is a fighter." Amber said proudly. She came back to me she thought.

"the MRI results were also good. The tumor is gone so no need to be worried Ms. Liu. Just dont forget the check ups and everything will be normal. I better do my rounds now. If you will excuse me." the doctor left them. Krystal smiled at Amber while doing her gait training.

"Amber?" She called the tomboy who was pushing her wheelchair.

"Hmm?"

"Did it even cross your mind to give up on me?"

"Well..."

"Well?"

"It didnt."

"Why? I mean there was no guarantee that I will be waking up."

"because I trust you will. I know you will wake up and share every moment with me. Until my heart feel numb. Even if forever will end. That is because I believe in us."

"I-"

"Shh." she knelt down pulling something from her pocket.

"I would love to hear you say I do. Jung Soojung. Please marry me."

"I would love to marry you Amber Josephine Liu"

-------------------------

So I got this idea by listening to December Avenue. Here's the translation for those non Filipino readers. As much I want Kpop I also want to support our local artists because they really deserve it. Got songs that will hit you hard.

https://youtu.be/TwxVOYxoukU

How long will I keep waiting like there's no one who can ever replace you?
Wherever you are
My heart still screams for you even now

If you only saw the sadness in your smile
One morning you didn't come back
Wake up and you'll see
The sweetness of the moments from yesterday that will never come again

 

Until the end of our eternity
Until our hearts no longer feel anything
Even when forever ends
I will wait in the name of love

How long will I keep waiting as if there's no one by your side?
Wherever you are
My heart is shouting your name

If you only saw the sadness in your smile
One morning you didn't come back

Wake up and you'll see

The sweetness of the moments from yesterday that will never come again

Until the end of our eternity
Until our hearts no longer feel anything
Even when forever ends
I will wait in the name of love

Until when do I have to endure
Drowned in thoughts
The last time I was with you were in my dreams
It was you then
It is still you now

Until the end of our eternity
Until our hearts start feeling nothing

Until the end of our eternity
'Til our hearts numb
Even when forever ends
I will wait in the name of love

Until the end of our eternity
'Til our hearts numb
Even when forever ends
I will wait in the name of your love